Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

It continues: “After the baby was expelled, Cross noticed that he was breathing, though not for long. After about 10 to 20 seconds, while the mother was asleep, ‘the doctor just slit the neck,’ said Cross. Gosnell put the boy’s body in a shoebox. Cross described the baby as so big that his feet and arms hung out over the sides of the container. Cross said that she saw the baby move after his neck was cut, and after the doctor placed it in the shoebox. Gosnell told her, ‘it’s the baby’s reflexes. It’s not really moving.’”

According to the report, “the neonatologist testified that what Gosnell told his people was absolutely false. If a baby moves, it is alive. Equally troubling, it feels a ‘tremendous amount of pain’ when its spinal cord is severed. So, the fact that Baby Boy A continued to move after his spinal cord was cut with scissors means that he did not die instantly. Maybe the cord was not completely severed. In any case, his few moments of life were spent in excruciating pain.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
The pathetic president we have now,(while campaigning for president ) was upset when the United States Supreme Court upheld the ban on partial birth abortion.

How low down can he get ?
Actually, Obama was discussing what to do with a baby that survived abortion. Seems he just wanted it to Lay there and die. No intervention at all to save it. This can be found on Youtube.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
You fail to understand the point I was just making ! Good for you.
I completely understand what you were saying, I just disagree and added another message to you. Take it as you will.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
that is your problem...not all preganacies are happy ballon filled experiences. Sometimes pregancies go terribly wrong. When that happens the US Supreme Court has said that late term abortions are legal.

If it is not you or your family member going through this horrible problem...what business is it of yours. Do you want to force a woman to keep a dead or dying baby inside her for the whole 9 months??
Until the body naturally expels it or it's already dead and needs to be induced (in which case it's a still birth, not an abortion), then yes. I never said life was rainbows and sunshine. But what you're posting to me is completely irrelevant to what I have been saying, so I don't understand why you keep going on about it.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who is pro-choice who thinks late term abortions are acceptable for any reason other than to save the life of the mother, or in extraordinary medical circumstances. To judge pro-choice advocates by one unethical doctor is like judging all pro-gun right advocates by someone who commits mass murder with a firearm. And I'm sure you don't believe that would be a fair analogy.
Well see, that's a problem. Because the same pro choice people are perfectly willing to judge anybody who is against abortion as a religious zealot forcing their religious beliefs on other people, or to say that anybody who is against abortion is trying to punish women for having sex, or other such things. So basically, there are a lot of people who want one side of the debate to act ethically and with integrity while they will use all sorts of strawmen, appeals to emotion, and ad hominem attacks. It's really no different than those liberals who have no problems with saying Republicans are racist warmongers while simultaneously saying it is unfair to attach negative stereotypes to themselves.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you go to the thread I started on this case you will see the baby. It looks like any full term healthy baby but it is dead in the trash. I didn't post the pic so you will need to open the link.

I see the first link to this story has the pic and another of the baby's neck. Disgusting but important if you want to look and not stay ignorant about this case.
Quote:
And that could be the health of the mother. What can that be----she is too upset. REALLY. some late terms have been done for that reason.
Quote:
Especially when you see a perfectly healthy cute baby dead from it's spinal cord being cut.
Quote:
You need to go to my thread. Most of it is about Gosnell, not all of it but most of it.

Abortion Clinic Closes in Ohio After Pledging to Stay Open

Also go to www.lifenews.com They have a lot of info in this case.
Quote:
Seems this doctor did. When you think about any doctor who can do abortions for years and see dead cut up babies that they cut up then I feel something happens to their soul. Something snaps in them and if they plan to continue to do it they need to become other than human themselves. Do I feel sorry for them----NO WAY.
Quote:
It continues: “After the baby was expelled, Cross noticed that he was breathing, though not for long. After about 10 to 20 seconds, while the mother was asleep, ‘the doctor just slit the neck,’ said Cross. Gosnell put the boy’s body in a shoebox. Cross described the baby as so big that his feet and arms hung out over the sides of the container. Cross said that she saw the baby move after his neck was cut, and after the doctor placed it in the shoebox. Gosnell told her, ‘it’s the baby’s reflexes. It’s not really moving.’”

According to the report, “the neonatologist testified that what Gosnell told his people was absolutely false. If a baby moves, it is alive. Equally troubling, it feels a ‘tremendous amount of pain’ when its spinal cord is severed. So, the fact that Baby Boy A continued to move after his spinal cord was cut with scissors means that he did not die instantly. Maybe the cord was not completely severed. In any case, his few moments of life were spent in excruciating pain.”
WHAT GOSNELL DID WAS ILLEGAL. IT WAS MURDER. HE DID NOT FOLLOW THE LAW. It is not an example of what a late-term abortion usually is. Good grief, you must be trolling, there's just no way that after all this time you don't/can't/won't understand that simple fact.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
that is your problem...not all preganacies are happy ballon filled experiences. Sometimes pregancies go terribly wrong. When that happens the US Supreme Court has said that late term abortions are legal.

If it is not you or your family member going through this horrible problem...what business is it of yours. Do you want to force a woman to keep a dead or dying baby inside her for the whole 9 months??
It's the same business that it is of yours to tell a driver he has to wear a seatbelt, tell a hunter he can't own a gun, tell a moviegoer he can't buy a 20oz soda, tell a restaurant owner he can't allow his diners to smoke, tell a healthy person they must buy insurance, etc.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Our child was a preemie at 3 pounds. I disagree with late term abortion, with exceptions for severe mental or physical issues or danger to the mother's health.
late term abortions are illegal

Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
late term abortions are illegal
There are abortionists that do it everyday. If you can say it is for the life of the mother they can do it. Of course, that can be most anything. Depression or the mother is too upset to have a baby can be used.

I guess Gosnell didn't have to use any excuse since he did it all the time. He wasn't investigated for 17 years or so. He was in a poor area so no one cared.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Actually you raise some interesting points that I have never thought about before.

What kind of state or federal oversight do abortion clinics have? What kind of training do abortion providers need to have, specific to the procedure? Do abortion providers have to be medical doctors - and if not, what level of medical professional can perform them (PAs, RNs, LPNs etc.)?
They have the same as every other medical facility.
Why, do you want more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies