Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 02:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There are limits to her choices, but that does not eliminate them.

You seem to be trying to create an argument where there is none.
So a woman can get alate term abortion because her situation chnaged such as divorce or loss of a job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
There are limits to her choices, but that does not eliminate them.

You seem to be trying to create an argument where there is none.
Circular arguments are a specialty on this topic, the same circular arguments that the same posters begin on each thread. They try for a gotcha, but it always falls flat.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:12 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So a woman can get alate term abortion because her situation chnaged such as divorce or loss of a job
No, that is not a medical reason to get a late term abortion.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:51 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
No, that is not a medical reason to get a late term abortion.
Post -viability abortions also are legal to preserve the health of the woman. 'Health' was defined by the Supreme Court as including all factors related to the woman's health --- physical, emotional, psychological, familial, the woman's age. "All these factors may relate to health."

Do many women choose late-term abortion for the non-purely physical reasons, and do many doctors perform them ? I don't think so, but technically, the legally permissible reasons for post-viability abortion are broader than purely medical reasons.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM

361 posts, read 748,402 times
I cannot imagine a topic more divisive than this one.

Sadly, we are now a nation where many people refuse to acknowledge or take responsibility for their actions.

Sometimes, it seems it is just easier to pull the plug on a life than fight to save it. I am not sure what that makes us.

On the other hand, none of us have the right to tell other people how to live. I have never walked in a young, pregnant woman's shoes. Hard to imagine the feelings and emotions that go with that.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Post -viability abortions also are legal to preserve the health of the woman. 'Health' was defined by the Supreme Court as including all factors related to the woman's health --- physical, emotional, psychological, familial, the woman's age. "All these factors may relate to health."

Do many women choose late-term abortion for the non-purely physical reasons, and do many doctors perform them ? I don't think so, but technically, the legally permissible reasons for post-viability abortion are broader than purely medical reasons.

The number of late term abortions is fortunately small, although I have been unable to find any statistics. The CDC does not keep separate numbers for over 24 weeks. Could some be done for psychological reasons only? I tend to suspect that that would be very, very few. Do you have any numbers?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:56 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not asking you for money silly, I'm asking you to donate to Planned Parenthood in my name as often as you can.
Ah, I shall! I'm feeling very happy with my donation. I don't often know whom to donate to, there are so many causes. This one is great.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
The number of late term abortions is fortunately small, although I have been unable to find any statistics. The CDC does not keep separate numbers for over 24 weeks. Could some be done for psychological reasons only? I tend to suspect that that would be very, very few. Do you have any numbers?
Tiller had a doctor who did the evaluations and she gave permission for most anything. Health of the mother could mean anything to her. Thankfully, she has had her license pulled and she can't practice anymore.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Tiller had a doctor who did the evaluations and she gave permission for most anything. Health of the mother could mean anything to her. Thankfully, she has had her license pulled and she can't practice anymore.
Do you have a source for your statement? From real records, not just an anti-abortion website? And for late term abortions only, which is the topic of the thread?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Do you have a source for your statement? From real records, not just an anti-abortion website? And for late term abortions only, which is the topic of the thread?
From the newspapers that reported this woman getting her license pulled. There were many. I don't have the time to google it but it is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies