Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Well I see this thread turned out as expected. I would suggest that the OP actually go into these places that he suspects there healthy individuals that don't work and are happy to be on the dole. He should ask them. He should have someone come along to video tape it so we can all see the answer. At least it would put the debate to rest forever.
I'm on a dole. Not "the" dole, but I live on disability payments from a long term disability insurance policy I got through my job while I was working. Of course that doesn't qualify me as being someone who is healthy on the dole. But personally I am very happy to be getting those checks every two weeks. However, if I could trade those checks for my old life back then I sure would do so in a hot second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm serious.

How do you justify your existence if you only survive from waiting for a check from taxpayers?
Why are you asking the peeps on this forum? You should go out to your area corner store and find the guys hanging out there and check with them. And btw, why are you worried about it? You should emulate Barbara Bush. She doesn't worry her beautiful mind about such things. She said it herself.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Roads you'll never drive on? You mean you don't drive, or you don't go on every single road ever built? If it's the former, you do realize that any buses, taxis, etc. you take, have to drive those roads, the trucks that deliver to Walmart where you might buy your goods have to drive those roads, if you order pizza, the driver uses those roads....
lol, see, just as everyone says, you have to spell it out. It is too hard for them to connect the dots. When someone with a brain hears Liz say... who built the roads bla bla bla, and the left repeats it like good pet parrots. Is it any wonder why people look at them like idiots.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Yep, Pres Obama wants us to be one big family
I, on the other hand, could careless if I don't see these relatives for Thanksgiving -
they probably wouldn't even bring a dessert
Thanksgiving dinner? Oh good lord NOO. We would have to weigh the turkey and side dishes servings to make sure the servings all weighed the same so they won't cry they didn't get their fair share.

Last edited by petch751; 03-22-2013 at 04:33 PM..

Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It does to me, except the "only" part. There are sick folks who get welfare and medicaid,
but I'm not sure if they are the majority....

Since a large percentage of those on welfare and Medicaid are women with children,
we can assume most of the women are "healthy" and most of their children are too.

And a percentage of them, get a check from taxpayers so they can be stay at home moms.
It is what it is.
Then there are the people who pay the bill, both mother and father work so they can put food on their families table and put food on the table of the welfare mom so she can stay home with her kids. A lot of mothers work and they certainly don't use the kids as a way to get a welfare check. That excuse will not work.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
First, IF a service station told you to stop by for free gasoline, I'm betting you'd take it. Who wouldn't other than a non-driver.
How many times do you have to be told it is not just blacks. Damn, people are illiterate or have the comprehension of an ass.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I'm on a dole. Not "the" dole, but I live on disability payments from a long term disability insurance policy I got through my job while I was working. Of course that doesn't qualify me as being someone who is healthy on the dole. But personally I am very happy to be getting those checks every two weeks. However, if I could trade those checks for my old life back then I sure would do so in a hot second.
Exactly, you are collecting because of physical issues but if that were the case like you said you would trade it and go back to work in a second if you could. But that is not the issue, we are trying to figure out how healthy, perfectly able people justify taking the hard earned money off other people.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
No but I can attest, seeing it as a manager for a place that had a good amount of employees that actually bitched and requested less hours as it would affect their benefits.

Worst part they were 18-25, not in college, no children. Just liked to party. Even sicker is there were others in school and had children that recieved less benefits or no benefits.

They just had a mentality of why wouldn't you take the money. Its like being at a fair and they gave out free food and you said no thank you then paid for the same food.
Instead of looking down on the individuals, why not look down upon the government who enables them>

Old 03-22-2013, 03:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Roads you'll never drive on? You mean you don't drive, or you don't go on every single road ever built? If it's the former, you do realize that any buses, taxis, etc. you take, have to drive those roads, the trucks that deliver to Walmart where you might buy your goods have to drive those roads, if you order pizza, the driver uses those roads....
Ok.... you completely missed my point, but thanks for showing how spreading the cost of things over the whole population can create marvelous things like modern infrastructure.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, see, just as everyone says, you have to spell it out. It is too hard for them to connect the dots. When someone with a brain hears Liz say... who built the roads bla bla bla, and the left repeats it like good pet parrots. Is it any wonder why people look at them like idiots.
Another person who missed the point or can't keep up with someone else's conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies