Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
Oh boy... somebody dozed off in econometrics class.

Or pretends to know stuff...

Tell me, if I can demonstrate that my yearly earnings are at least double yours, will you let me call you a piece of scum?

Will you bow down and apologize to your superior ? After all contributing ''nothing'' is relative... if your contributions are just a fraction of mine...
I do know this.....when a millionaire buys a Ferrari, they pay exorbitant taxes. Taxes which go directly to the state, which fund programs for the poor.

The dealer makes money, which helps keep people employed.

The salesman earns a commission which helps him have some money on which to spend on dinner, movies, vacations, etc. which keeps people employed.

Who pretends to know stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Ah, yet another "we hate welfare bums" thread. Just to break up the monotony of the "we hate Obama" threads.

I'll bet at least half of you "rugged individualists" fiddled your tax returns.
I very much prefer the "we hate Obama" threads. They usually document a lot of truth.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Forget about welfare recipients. What about the legion of latter day great Gatsby’s out there that are living off their dividends and capital gains whose only contribution to society is purchasing copious quantities of Tennessee whiskey. You know like our former President and at least half of the Republican delegation in Congress.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 03-22-2013, 06:24 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So, after your reply to my aging hippie friend, you're alluding or saying your cousin is a scumbag.

Let's eithanize that person first then, might as well start with the one who screams the loudest, right?
He is a scumbag.

I've never said that we should euthanize anyone.

Why do lefties think that there are only two choices? feed them, or kill them.

How about cutting them off and giving them the opportunity to sink or swim?

It would create a better society if people were left to their own devices.

Some will survive, others won't.

Your poor choices should not be a burden on society.

Imagine if we were truly a compassionate society who took care of those who took care of those who really need help, instead of sprinkling crumbs around to everyone?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Ah, yet another "we hate welfare bums" thread. Just to break up the monotony of the "we hate Obama" threads.
Haters gotta hate. That's what Limbaugh, Fox, and Nugent tell them to do. It's their stock in trade.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Supposing OP was referring to the stereotypical welfare-by-choice unmarried mom of 5 (few,if any, young, healthy men would qualify for any benefits), did he really think that he would find them on C-D or that he'd get an explanation from any of them ?
Guessing that the answer is "Of course not" then you know this is just a lecture to people who aren't in attendance.
Useless.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I do know this.....when a millionaire buys a Ferrari, they pay exorbitant taxes. Taxes which go directly to the state, which fund programs for the poor.

The dealer makes money, which helps keep people employed.

The salesman earns a commission which helps him have some money on which to spend on dinner, movies, vacations, etc. which keeps people employed.

Who pretends to know stuff?
correct on all counts. but where you left the page, is where you make a line connection to the poor. Rich pay taxes.....poor get bebfits.

More correctly everyone pays state taxes, that goes into a general fund, the poor are funded from that.

Everyone on the road with the Ferrari driver help maintain roads and infrastruture to safely travel the state's roads.

So if you want your statement to be correct, all the rest of us could pull our tax money out of the pot and let the Farrari driver foot the whole bill.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They are.

Republican does not mean conservative.
And conservative does not mean Republican.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Republican does not mean conservative.
And conservative does not mean Republican.
Both drink the same tea.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so I take it you would be fine with the drug dealer or prostitute then?

they most certainly fulfill a demand.

Would you legalise these trades?
Actually yes, or don't legalize it and just enact the FairTax. They end up paying then at least, and the idiots who want to use drugs and get STDs from hookers will select themselves out of the gene pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies