Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:06 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,107,068 times

Advertisements

Everyone has an effing excuse. You know how you got fat? 95% of you ate WAAAAYYY too much and didn't exercise. The remaining 5% may have a legitimate disorder, but I know that the fat people I see do not have any disorder. They are fat because they choose to be fat. Hey, it's your business to be fat; just don't expect society to bend over backwards to help you because of the poor choices you made. You don't have the right to expect the general public to subsidize you becaue you feel you have a "disability".

I went on vacation and ate and drank a lot. Lied around on the beach and relaxed. Guess what? I gained weight. Came back from vacation and got back in my normal routine and guess what happened? I lost the weight I had gained.

If you aren't active, you will be very sorry. Exercise is actually very easy and something you can do in the privacy of your own home. You don't have to join a gym either. Walk up the stairs a few times. Run around the block. Seriously, there is NO excuse to skip exercise. You may have to get out of your comfort level, but it will be totally worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,717,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So diet and exercise does not result in weigh loss? Really? Yes, eat better, eat less, and exercise more and anyone can lose weight. It is that simple. Today I saw some cakes at the supermarket that looked so good and I just remembered something someone told me: every craving you get is the last dying gasp of a fat cell. I just got some beans and rice instead and feel better for it.
You've already had this amply explained to you by several people on this thread and not in a particularly difficult fashion, that you should have that much difficulty in understanding it. If you persist in discussing this issue as if you a little 5 year old with no analytical reasoning beyond that chronological age, this conversation is most assuredly finita.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Yeah, abracadabra. Voila! Instant weight loss. Are you f kidding me? Where do you live?
Where does where he lives make a difference?

Eat less, move more works the same everywhere in the world.

No one says any weight loss method other than surgery is instant. Weight gain isn't instant - and is overwhelmingly due to more calories consumed than expended. So the reversal of weight gain follows the opposite formula.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,181,310 times
Quote:
You've already had this amply explained to you by several people on this thread and not in a particularly difficult fashion, that you should have that much difficulty in understanding it. If you persist in discussing this issue as if you a little 5 year old with no analytical reasoning beyond that chronological age, this conversation is most assuredly finita.
Isn't the person who thinks that expending more calories than you consume will NOT lead to weight loss the one who has the analytical abilities of a 5 year old?

But yet again Sarita, you prove that you will always argue against anyone taking personal responsibility for anything in their lives. Congrats on taking that stand on yet another topic!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Where does where he lives make a difference?

Eat less, move more works the same everywhere in the world.

No one says any weight loss method other than surgery is instant. Weight gain isn't instant - and is overwhelmingly due to more calories consumed than expended. So the reversal of weight gain follows the opposite formula.
It doesn't make any difference in truth, but it does humor me because I like hearing where those who speak the greatest nonsense happen to reside.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,181,310 times
Quote:
It doesn't make any difference in truth, but it does humor me because I like hearing where those who speak the greatest nonsense happen to reside.
How do you not know where you live?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I am not buying it. The laws of physics just don't support it.
Wrong science. Physics has nothing do with how one's body handles caloric intake and processing of food, and whether or not that person is able to handle the type of food eaten.

Quote:
If someone eats right and exercises, they will not be fat. How can a body add mass when you are taking on less mass than you are burning up from exercise? That is impossible.
Says someone who is very ignorant on biology, food science, dieting, and exercise.

My friend has a thyroid problem; she can only maintain her weight, through a special diet and exercise. She will however, be unable to lose her weight, because of her condition.

You do know the difference of maintaining one's weight and actually losing weight correct? Nope, in every post you demonstrate that you do not.

One can be fat, but not unhealthy. A friend of mines who would be considered "fat" by most, has a better blood pressure and cholesterol level than I do, and I am considered below average weight for my height and age. He exercises every day, and I don't.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Isn't the person who thinks that expending more calories than you consume will NOT lead to weight loss the one who has the analytical abilities of a 5 year old?

But yet again Sarita, you prove that you will always argue against anyone taking personal responsibility for anything in their lives. Congrats on taking that stand on yet another topic!
People who can't analyze with any degree of depth, who believe that whatever idea pops into their brain (or Rush Limbaugh's) is "truth," is most assuredly and simply, not the brightest armadillo in the desert.

If something is more involved than what it appears, but someone wishes to make it as simple as taking a dump because, well, that's what Republicans and conservatives do, that person is not too bright.

But that's what conservatives DO. They reduce all complexities to fabricated, spurious, deceptive, bogus, fudged, reductive, manipulated, childish, mentally-arrested, idiotic little phrases that could come out of a toddler's mouth. "Oh you just starve that's all!" And conservatives do this with everything. I expect out of them never to say anything of intelligence. Seems to work well for them, too. The dumber elements of society seem to love them (for ex., teabaggers).

Old 03-28-2013, 10:53 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,058,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Wrong science. Physics has nothing do with how one's body handles caloric intake and processing of food, and whether or not that person is able to handle the type of food eaten.
Yes it does.

FAT = CALORIES = ENERGY.

If you burn more energy than you take in, you burn that fat. Simple as that. I'm sure it's tougher for your friend than normal to lose weight but she can still lose weight, and easily at that.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Yes it does.

FAT = CALORIES = ENERGY.
Wrong science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies