Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 08:30 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
There's no outrage because there's no controversy. The baby killers were quickly found, arrested and charged. They knew who killed Trayvon, but let him go free for weeks uncharged and not fully investigated.
Not fully investigated.... Hmmmm lets see....

6 police interviews
1 video walk through
1 Lie detector test that he passed
Interviewed several people that lived in the area and either heard or saw something
FBI investigation into weather this was racial profiling and found nothing
Forensics found to be consistent with GZ's account of events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A white person shooting a black person, or a black person shooting a white person doesn't make the crime necessarily a hate crime. Race has to be part of the reason for the violence.

In this case, the violence was appalling, but the two teenagers didn't shoot this toddler and his mother because they were white, they shot them during an attempted robbery.

The facts of the case are tragic, the two teenagers are truly monsters who deserve to be punished severely. Life in prison is a severe punishment. They were caught almost immediately, and the system is working.

Your emotional plea, taking this child's voice, is blatant. You aren't attempting to appeal to reason, you want to press people's emotional buttons. And I'm not sure why. You want these two teens put to death? You do realize that it costs the state considerably more to pursue the death penalty? The case has already been reviewed and found not to be a hate crime. This is a legal process. While it might be satisfying to you to have some old-time justice, we don't lynch people anymore, and we don't put people to death lightly and out of emotion. Doing so would make us monsters, too.
Yeah but did they traget them BECAUSE they were white like people are trying to say Zimmerman went after Martin only because he was black.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah but did they traget them BECAUSE they were white like people are trying to say Zimmerman went after Martin only because he was black.
Proof?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's the controversy?
It was horrid, they were caught and will be tried.

Who has said anything but that?
What's the controversy?
Controversy is created. It does not just exist. In this case, we don't know enough for controversy to happen. Has an investigation, as to these animals motives for targeting this lady and her baby been launched? Did these perps use any racial slurs in engaging their target? Do they have a history of anti white sentiment? Have they been on any "hate sites"? Do they have any music, in their collections, with racially charged lyrics? Has anyone ever beard them saying slurs, or hateful things about white people? Is there a history racial violence in their families? Are they Democrats or Republicans? Shal I go on?

Why are their motives not in question? Sorry, after all the recent hubub, nobody should get a pass. If they had been white teens, who shot a black baby, microscopes would be so far up their asses they would be looking at stars. Sure, theres no controversy. Nobody is looking that deep at it.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
What a sweet little boy..It does not matter if this angel is black or white- these little ones are all angels. I just wonder if those that shot this little fellow were black? I would surmise that the trigger was pulled through the motivation of hate. I was horrified when I first heard this report...now that I have seen a picture of the little child-- I am not enraged...or angry...I just feel so sorry for the little boy and almost sorry for those who did the crime- that they will have to suffer with hate in their hearts for the rest of their lives...Who the hell wants to spend a life time with hate eating away at you like a cluster of maggots?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Controversy is created. It does not just exist. In this case, we don't know enough for controversy to happen. Has an investigation, as to these animals motives for targeting this lady and her baby been launched? Did these perps use any racial slurs in engaging their target? Do they have a history of anti white sentiment? Have they been on any "hate sites"? Do they have any music, in their collections, with racially charged lyrics? Has anyone ever beard them saying slurs, or hateful things about white people? Is there a history racial violence in their families? Are they Democrats or Republicans? Shal I go on?

Why are their motives not in question? Sorry, after all the recent hubub, nobody should get a pass. If they had been white teens, who shot a black baby, microscopes would be so far up their asses they would be looking at stars. Sure, theres no controversy. Nobody is looking that deep at it.
Are you looking for controversy in the case (today) of a Cleveland guy killing 3 women?
Or is it only racial controversy that you want to push?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What a sweet little boy..It does not matter if this angel is black or white- these little ones are all angels. I just wonder if those that shot this little fellow were black? I would surmise that the trigger was pulled through the motivation of hate. I was horrified when I first heard this report...now that I have seen a picture of the little child-- I am not enraged...or angry...I just feel so sorry for the little boy and almost sorry for those who did the crime- that they will have to suffer with hate in their hearts for the rest of their lives...Who the hell wants to spend a life time with hate eating away at you like a cluster of maggots?
You surmise that the trigger was pulled through the motivation of hate??? Based on what?

It was a ROBBERY. Most people would surmise that the trigger was pulled through the motivation of GREED. Because greed is what usually motivates robbery. Not hate.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

Boy do i ever agree with you.

Think the point is, in this case, this was a sweet little baby. Where was the outrage, anyone speak out on the killing of this baby.

Point blank shot in the face, do you know what that does to a baby, come on now.

Just the fact that two animals could have done this crime to a baby, there should have been much outrage.

There was not, and most of us know why.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:13 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Wasn't gun residue found on mother and father? Has there been anything new on that?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Boy do i ever agree with you.

Think the point is, in this case, this was a sweet little baby. Where was the outrage, anyone speak out on the killing of this baby.

Point blank shot in the face, do you know what that does to a baby, come on now.

Just the fact that two animals could have done this crime to a baby, there should have been much outrage.

There was not, and most of us know why.
The previous thread on this murder contradicts you.

Punks shoot baby in head during robbery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies