Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 05:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
a week or two ago commercial pilots got nervous when the spotted a small private drone in the air near JFK Airport.
A small private drone near KJFK does not neccesarily mean that any other aircraft are in danger.

Learn what spatial separation means, and then get back to me.

Harrier(wanted to be an air traffic controller - but caught the desire too late to meet the federal government's draconian age requirements).

Last edited by Harrier; 03-22-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I might be mistaken, but I don't think civilians are allowed to own B-52s or F-15s, either. At least not with all their systems functional.
i dont think all drones are loaded for war. these days, a old style gas model prop plane would be considered a drone.

these days guys are attaching cameras and flying them all over the place. I think the
FAA is worried about flying them in restricted air space like over airports or military installations.

I hope that Im not being to elementry...but I dont have a pilots licence and barely understand Beroulli's principle...

RC drone model - LWD1 Block I - YouTube

Old 03-22-2013, 06:14 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
If you desire to let drones in restricted airspace around airports, I hope you get to experience the joy of what happens when one gets sucked into a jet engine while landing.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
If you desire to let drones in restricted airspace around airports, I hope you get to experience the joy of what happens when one gets sucked into a jet engine while landing.
Why do you assume that government drone operators would be any more proficient at preventing such an incident than a non-government operator?

If you really do wander about the aviation capital of the world(Seattle) this question should be a no-brainer.

Or maybe you live in Oz.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I bet you police state liberals are happy about this..I'm sure Bloomberg is
FAA says entrepreneurs can't operate drones, only police and military can
Well, the government is trying to make sure that we don't have guns but police and military do.

The government has made sure we have no more privacy. Online textbooks where the prof can tell how long a textbook has been open, what day, what time. In the workplace -- the employer knows just about everything about what you do during the work day. GPS? The government knows where you are. Smart Phone on your person? The government knows where you are.

And what's worse: we're just letting the government do all this.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.â€
Edward R. Murrow

Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
Well, the government is trying to make sure that we don't have guns but police and military do.

The government has made sure we have no more privacy. Online textbooks where the prof can tell how long a textbook has been open, what day, what time. In the workplace -- the employer knows just about everything about what you do during the work day. GPS? The government knows where you are. Smart Phone on your person? The government knows where you are.

And what's worse: we're just letting the government do all this.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.â€
Edward R. Murrow
What does this post have to do with allowing private citizens to have drones?

Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I bet you police state liberals are happy about this..I'm sure Bloomberg is

FAA says entrepreneurs can't operate drones, only police and military can
Whats the difference between a drone, and a remote control plane?

So people who fly remote planes for a hobby, will be violating the law?

Old 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
a week or two ago commercial pilots got nervous when the spotted a small private drone in the air near JFK Airport.

There are some people who think that any restrictions on anything is a liberty infringement. This one makes sense.
The limits are just at the airport, but no surprise MTA is here to high 5 government restrictions.

Tell me MTA, why do you hate kids and not want them to have their toys?

Whats the difference between a toy, and a drone?

Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Citizens can only have them if the law can prosecute them for what laws the drone violates. For example, let's say you have a sexy neighbor who sunbathes topless behind her privacy fence. Now lets say your drone hovers where it can shoot film. YOU the owner are guilty of lawbreaking if your drone does anything like that. Same as peering through her windows.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Citizens can only have them if the law can prosecute them for what laws the drone violates. For example, let's say you have a sexy neighbor who sunbathes topless behind her privacy fence. Now lets say your drone hovers where it can shoot film. YOU the owner are guilty of lawbreaking if your drone does anything like that. Same as peering through her windows.
If the FAA says you cant fly them without violating air space, then simply flying them would be violating air space. The FAA very much has legal authority to backup their rules they establish without even taking them to Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies