Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times

Advertisements

America & Israel...somebody in Cheney's camp is not a happy camper to be exposing this information. It's kinda dejavu America will have major problems if this war commences IMO
In the scenario concocted by Cheney's strategists, Washington's first step would be to convince Israel to fire missiles at Iran's uranium enrichment plant in Natanz. Tehran would retaliate with its own strike, providing the US with an excuse to attack military targets and nuclear facilities in Iran.

Rice and her cohorts all favor diplomacy, partly because they know the military is under strain. After four years in Iraq and Afghanistan, the US lacks manpower for another major war, especially one against a relatively well-prepared adversary. "For many senior people at the Pentagon, the CIA and the State Department, a war would be sheer lunacy," says security expert Sick.
AlterNet: War on Iraq: White House Leak: Cheney's Plan for Iran Attack Starts With Israeli Missile Strike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
What do strategists do if not strategize?

And every camp has a few unhappy campers. It's only logical.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:10 PM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
America & Israel...somebody in Cheney's camp is not a happy camper to be exposing this information. It's kinda dejavu America will have major problems if this war commences IMO
In the scenario concocted by Cheney's strategists, Washington's first step would be to convince Israel to fire missiles at Iran's uranium enrichment plant in Natanz. Tehran would retaliate with its own strike, providing the US with an excuse to attack military targets and nuclear facilities in Iran.

Rice and her cohorts all favor diplomacy, partly because they know the military is under strain. After four years in Iraq and Afghanistan, the US lacks manpower for another major war, especially one against a relatively well-prepared adversary. "For many senior people at the Pentagon, the CIA and the State Department, a war would be sheer lunacy," says security expert Sick.
AlterNet: War on Iraq: White House Leak: Cheney's Plan for Iran Attack Starts With Israeli Missile Strike
It's Iran, for goodness sakes! Shouldn't we have a game plan? I mean, c'mon, this is the land of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Remember him, the mad-man? I'm glad to know the White House is prepared, just in case.

Last edited by ontheroad; 10-26-2007 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: V code off in post

Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,125 times
"For many senior people at the Pentagon, the CIA and the State Department, a war would be sheer lunacy," says security expert Sick.

The Iraq War and any future war under the current administration are sheer lunacy.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post

Yes it is pretty crazy...I saw Condi on the Today show trying to defend the economic sanctions "after 1 1/2 years of failed diplomacy." (Must have missed all that "diplomacy" taking place.)

Matt Lauer asked her if she did not think such sanctions could possibly estrange Iran, given the somewhat volatile character of its president , and she tapdanced around.

I feel sorry for her because I think she is somewhat intelligent and is being forced to go on these TV shows and try to defend these insane actions by the administration. Sort of like Powell prior to Desert Storm.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I feel sorry for her because I think she is somewhat intelligent and is being forced to go on these TV shows and try to defend these insane actions by the administration. Sort of like Powell prior to Desert Storm.
I agree that Condi is probably level headed herself, but simply can't talk Bush and Cheney into putting away all their military toys.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Yes it is pretty crazy...I saw Condi on the Today show trying to defend the economic sanctions "after 1 1/2 years of failed diplomacy." (Must have missed all that "diplomacy" taking place.)

Matt Lauer asked her if she did not think such sanctions could possibly estrange Iran, given the somewhat volatile character of its president , and she tapdanced around.

Agreed, although I don't know if I feel sorry for her, she should be intelligent enough to know that she's being used the same way Colin Powell was-so unfortunate I wonder how she sleeps at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I agree that Condi is probably level headed herself, but simply can't talk Bush and Cheney into putting away all their military toys.
I agree with this also. I'm sure she has probably tried but I'm sure there is no reasoning with that camp

Also for all of you that say "we should be prepared", I agree in that America should "always" be prepared. However that is not the case here. America is basically putting all the pieces in place to start a war, it's just that they're going to use their "partner in crime" to set it off. Now I'd like to see how the "cotton balls" in Congress will handle this.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 PM

36 posts, read 18,564 times
Read my scripts, "Iran will not be allowed to develop a nuclear capability". Even if the USA were that stupid, Israel is not. We have been rapidly developing daisy cutters that have the capacity to destroy 3/4 mile, obliterate 3/4 mile and beyond that many casualties. We would all agree that there has been enough death on both sides. The Iranians have some responsibility to rein in the keeper of the 11th imam. I hear the USA is keeping the Shah down hole # 12. A great american, Harry Truman, recognized not one more american soldier should die. Again it wasn't our fault. No need to be an apologist. We just want to live in peace and drive our SUV's. While our apologists are wringing their hands and worshiping the greatest narcissic hoax in the history of man. Perhaps those of us that know better should get behind the defense of our way of life, ignore the traitors and seditionists and thank almighty God you are among the chosen people.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:36 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
Whoaaaa...........

Old 10-26-2007, 08:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
It is the job of our CIA,and military and all the other DC think tanks to think up any and every possible senario of possible aggresion towards our country and inturn devise responces.
Just because they think of one doesnt mean they implement it. Its what think tanks do.
It is possible that 911 happened because in our arrogance we never considered anyone crazy enough to actually attack us using hijacked airliners. That is except that they did predict it. In many forms but noone took it seriously.
Hell even Tom Clancy predicted it in 2 different books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies