Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 04:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times

Advertisements

No matter what you feel of Bush and Obama, I would much rather have either of those two than McCain/Palin or Romney/Ryan anyday. Im so happy this country didn't buy their crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 05:12 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Pick out 2 or 3 things ... should be easy.

When did I say the Iraq War was good? Does my OP not say that Bush will be remembered as a bad President?

Apologies for being so combative.... but can you tell me that Obama is a good President and give a reason?
The fact that we`re no longer losing 750,000 jobs a month is a positive thing. Ya think? U.S. oil production is at an all time high,extending healthcare to 40 million uninsured is a good thing unless you`re one of those "I got mine and I don`t care if you die" folks.Keeping the Paul Ryan types from wrecking Medicare and SS is a good thing too.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,059 times
obama will be remembered as hitler is. A destroyer of a great Nation.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Default In 3 years, will the U.S. have been "leaderless" for 16 yrs?

Presidents are supposed to preside, not lead.

I despise leaders as much as I do followers.

So did the founders.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
When has he demonized his opponents? You know,the one`s that insist he was born in Kenya,he`s a communist,Marxist,drug addict,etc. Do you want to discuss who`s been demonized? Anyway,here`s a list of things he`s accomplished despite what the lunatics have done to him.
Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center
When has he demonized his opponents? When he called the enemy? When he called them bitter clingers to guns and religion? When he said they wrecked the economy? When he said they were unpatriotic? When he said they were obstructionists? When he said they wanted children with downs syndrome to fend for themselves? When he said they were suspicious of feeding the poor? When he said they were ransoming the American economy? When he said they have no sense of community? When he said jobs don't matter to them?

Pick one. Pick several. Pick all. There's a buffet line of demonization to choose from.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:43 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
obama will be remembered as hitler is. A destroyer of a great Nation.
he has been in office for over 4 years now, how has he destroyed the nation?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:24 AM

745 posts, read 1,438,064 times
Quote:
he has been in office for over 4 years now, how has he destroyed the nation?
Glad you asked... after I answer, maybe you can describe ONE GOOD THING he has done in 4 years...

From today's WSJ, an OpEd that I think summarizes the damage rather nicely:

"President Obama is the most radical man ever to occupy the Oval Office. The national debt, which he is intent on increasing, has passed $16 trillion."

"The president has launched a war on Americans' Second Amendment rights. He has launched a war on religious freedom. He has launched a war on fossil fuels. He is working to nationalize one-sixth of the economy with job-killing ObamaCare. He wants to collect a greater portion of every American paycheck, not for the purpose of paying down the national debt but to expand his governing machine. He doesn't believe in creating a bigger pie with more opportunity for all. He believes in greater redistribution of a much smaller pie."

"The president has so effectively diminished American strength abroad that there is no longer a question of whether this was his intent. He is working to pre-emptively disarm the United States. He advocates slashing our nuclear arsenal even as the North Koreans threaten us and the Iranians close in on their own nuclear weapon. He has turned his back on America's allies around the world and ignored growing threats."

"Al Qaeda is resurgent across the Middle East. President Obama stood by and did nothing when its affiliates in Libya killed the U.S. ambassador and three other brave Americans in Benghazi on the anniversary of 9/11. Then he and his administration misled the American people about the attack. Today, more than six months later, no one has been held to account."

Etc.....

Old 03-29-2013, 05:56 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The fact that we`re no longer losing 750,000 jobs a month is a positive thing. Ya think? U.S. oil production is at an all time high,extending healthcare to 40 million uninsured is a good thing unless you`re one of those "I got mine and I don`t care if you die" folks.Keeping the Paul Ryan types from wrecking Medicare and SS is a good thing too.
Let's not be so simple minded here.

#1 Oil production is up due to new technologies and leases from places other than the Federal Government. This has nothing to do with Obama. In fact Obama has lied about proven oil reserves the US has, reduced federal drilling, and dragged his feet on the Keystone Pipeline.

#2 What if Obamacare has more downside than upside? What if it was a bad program and we could have had another better program? After all, Obama argued that the kind of program he signed into law would be a bad one in the 2008 primary. Perhaps Obama was right the first time?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Let's not be so simple minded here.

#2 What if Obamacare has more downside than upside? What if it was a bad program and we could have had another better program? After all, Obama argued that the kind of program he signed into law would be a bad one in the 2008 primary. Perhaps Obama was right the first time?
Yeah but republicans wouldn't allow a better plan. For years they had control and not once did they offer a solution to the healthcare mess. Not once. So now you have "Obamacare". It's not perfect and will require some tweaking but at least it's a start. I know you hate it but you should've done something years ago. Republicans reaping what they sow. Or in this case didn't sow.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Actually...no! You are 100% right that he was re elected.

But is he a good leader? Is pointing the finger and saying "they did it" at a press conference 2-3 times a week being a leader??? Does being President require any compromise? what has he accomplished in 5 years? (Other than doubling the deficit)

Are we on the right track? Should we feel good about where the country is headed? Does the current stock market rally fueled by the Fed help the common man or does it reward the rich? Do zero rates punish savers and reward borrowers?

What has he done other than demonize his opponents? Name something... ObamaCare?
You mean what are Obama's accomplishments besides enacting the landmark Obamacare; ending the war in Iraq; winding down the war in Afghanistan; passing Financial Reform legislation that will help prevent a futire meltdown; reversed the trend of 800,000 job losses a month to gains of 2.1 million jobs and stimulated the economy by 3.5%; rescued the U.S. auto industry; Signed the Democratic-sponsored Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, which was designed to to protect consumers from unfair and deceptive credit card practices; got the upper-income Bush tax-cuts to finally expire, which is partially responsible for turning surpluses into deficits; dismantled the corrupt Minerals Management Service; fashioned rules so that banks can no longer use YOUR money to invest in high-risk financial instruments that work against their own customers' interests; repealed “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell,” etc., etc.

Besides that, what have the Romans done for us?

What have the Romans ever done for us - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies