Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Did Obama thrash Romney, or did idiots re-elect Obama?

I'd say the latter.

I'm a Libertarian, so I couldn't care less. Both parties are contrived entities acting as opposing forces, while the reality is they are the same thing. You wanted social justice and got Bush incarnate.

YOU ALL LOST WHEN YOU allowed both parties, and MSNBC, and FOX, and NPC, and ABC, and CBS, to snuff Paul out.
How much longer will you folks keep blaming the evil media for your goofy candidate not getting elected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Indeed. You should heed this advice instead of misdirecting it.
Better to fixate on my truth, than stick to your misguided notions.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Do I sense more RWNJ desperation here?
Just a whiff, perhaps.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How much longer will you folks keep blaming the evil media for your goofy candidate not getting elected?
When the corporate shills of a media stop backing their horses and give equal time to candidates. When will you realize that you've become a useful idiot?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Better to fixate on my truth, than stick to your misguided notions.
Except what you're putting forward isn't truth, but politically-motivated rhetoric. You could accuse me of the same, but libertarian rhetoric is motivated by self-enrichment while the worst you could say about what I'm posting is that it is overly-compassionate... oh how such a smear would hurt me (j/k).

Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times
Quote:
When the corporate shills of a media stop backing their horses and give equal time to candidates. When will you realize that you've become a useful idiot?
In other words, you admit it: you're cooked.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Except what you're putting forward isn't truth, but politically-motivated rhetoric. You could accuse me of the same, but libertarian rhetoric is motivated by self-aggrandizement while the worst you could say about what I'm posting is that it is overly-compassionate... oh how such a smear would hurt me (j/k).
So you not only spout like a parrot, but pat yourself on the back for it? Wow... like I said, useful idiots. You know there is a reason for the term.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:59 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
...Now you have the lowest denominator scum of the country supporting Rand Paul when there's so many more reasonable republican options. Hopefully it doesn't play through and this clown will pass and a solid republican candidate will arise. If we're lucky, we'll have a solid democratic candidate as well and it will be a good race.
I deeply hope for the sake of the future of the country and the quality of American society that you are right.

At age seventy-five I have lost hope. I think the present-day Republican party has irrevocably cut itself adrift from its honorable and intelligent past, and that the revenant that remains of it is dangerous to our democratic society. And the Democratic party "reform" engineered between 1968 and 1972 by Fred Harris and Fred Dutton, did incredible damage to that party.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I deeply hope for the sake of the future of the country and the quality of American society that you are right.

At age seventy-five I have lost hope. I think the present-day Republican party has irrevocably cut itself adrift from its honorable and intelligent past, and that the revenant that remains of it is dangerous to our democratic society. And the Democratic party "reform" engineered between 1968 and 1972 by Fred Harris and Fred Dutton, did incredible damage to that party.
I'm not too far behind you. I WAS a Reagan Republican, and he was the first President I was of age to vote for. I lived through the Carter years. Since then I've been given Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama. My God is it any wonder I'm jaded?

Both parties have become fodder for global corporations and banking interests. All I want is the constitutional country we had decades ago. I'm derided and attacked for wanting the liberty and freedom this country was founded on.

People have no idea of what they speak when they back the current lot of Republicans and Democrats.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Given the alternatives of John McCain and Willard Romney?

Of course not! The idea is laughable.
Serious?? You thought a guy who never ran so much as a lemonade stand, would understand economics better than a guy who has created thousands of jobs in the private sector??

SMH...........

That's why our needle isnt moving the right way, now. We have what we deserve.

Hope you like your 4.00 dollar gas too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies