Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
And just where was this lovely quote when Romney flip flopped his way into the primaries?
If you look up "flip-flopping" in the dictionary, you will find Mitt's name.

MittvMitt.com: The story of two men trapped in one body - YouTube!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
And just where was this lovely quote when Romney flip flopped his way into the primaries?
Look for it. You will almost certainly find it. I have never criticized anybody for changing their minds, certainly not Romney, and have regularly made this very same point in multiple threads.

I will, on the other hand, call somebody out in a heartbeat for hypocrisy which is a completely different thing.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Republicans have been pretty tight lipped about Rob Portman. His constituents have blasted him but RW media hasn't. Wondering why?

Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
10 years ago, all states in the U.S. banned gay marriage. Today, 9 states have legalized gay marriage. I guess they all flip-flopped.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
10 years ago, all states in the U.S. banned gay marriage. Today, 9 states have legalized gay marriage. I guess they all flip-flopped.
I guess all the amendments to the constitution are all flip-flops as well.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:55 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Look for it. You will almost certainly find it. I have never criticized anybody for changing their minds, certainly not Romney, and have regularly made this very same point in multiple threads.

I will, on the other hand, call somebody out in a heartbeat for hypocrisy which is a completely different thing.
Just googled it and there were zero results for your quote below, so one cannot 'certainly find it' out there. Besides I'm wasn't particulary interested in what points you have made in 'multiple threrads' but only where this cute little quote was when Romney allegedly flipped flopped on other social issues.

Tis' all

Quote:
In the real universe, unblemished by quasi-mystical dogma and rigidity bordering on paralysis, it is a good thing to be able to change one's mind.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Just googled it and there were zero results for your quote below, so one cannot 'certainly find it' out there. Besides I'm wasn't particulary interested in what points you have made in 'multiple threrads' but only where this cute little quote was when Romney allegedly flipped flopped on other social issues.

Tis' all

Is it better to continue being wrong rather than to admit one was wrong? Or is it better to go on being wrong?

Heck, even god flip-flopped according to the bible.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
14% of Americans have changed their opinion and now favor same-sex marriage. He's not alone.

Growing Support for Gay Marriage: Changed Minds and Changing Demographics | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
This.

I think most of us have, to some extent, "evolved."

While I was never against marriage equality, I wasn't necessarily for it, either - I wasn't sure HOW I felt about it.

Well, I "evolved" and it is no secret now where I stand on it.

And for the record - President Obama's previous stand on marriage equality is old news and I'm not sure why it warranted a thread NOW.

Must be a slow news day on FOX.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is it better to continue being wrong rather than to admit one was wrong? Or is it better to go on being wrong?

Heck, even god flip-flopped according to the bible.
So now we're equating Obama with God?

Mind you, I don't necessarily disagree, I'm just curious as to why there is so much understanding when BAM has done it, but people were quick to point fingers at Romney.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:

Mind you, I don't necessarily disagree, I'm just curious as to why there is so much understanding when BAM has done it, but people were quick to point fingers at Romney.
Oh, I don't know.........maybe because it's apples and oranges?

Mittens flip flopped not only daily, but hourly. With him, it wasn't a case of changing his mind, it was because he was a shameless panderer whose opinions and stands depended on who his audience was at the moment.

It is perfectly acceptable for President Obama to change his mind about marriage equality; if I remember correctly, it was a comment made by one of his daughters that caused him to rethink his position. Since it was a long ago comment made by one of my own sons that knocked me off my fence of indecision, I can certainly understand how a single comment made by someone can influence a change of opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies