Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

This incident took place before the protesters were even ordered to clear the parks I believe. 10/14/11 is the date of the video. I believe it was November or December before the camps were closed.

The protests were still peaceful at this point.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 AM

The best viewpoint I could find. Looks like the man (mistaken gender earlier) is walking away from the officer and the officer grabs him on the shoulder, turns him around, and punches him.

Clear case.

Occupy Wall Street: NYPD KO's Protester (Camera #2 HD & Slow-Mo) - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
This thread needs some non violent videos from the Occupy movement, not all of the movement turned violent.

THE NO.1 IDIOT OF THE OCCUPY WALL STREET PROTESTS - YouTube

Occupy Portland - Clueless Communist Kid - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 07:40 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
This one almost gets violent.

MIC CHECK!

Vets Blow Con Man's Cover at Occupy Wall Street - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 AM

I'm glad your showing your true colors. You hate Occupy and your intent was never to reason with me, it was simply to prove an agenda.

You ignore the fact that Americans rights are getting abused and instead choose to discredit a Movement of millions with sound bites from a handful of individuals.

You must work for the government or media. Your tactics are obvious.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 AM

977 posts, read 763,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm starting this thread to bring awareness to an issue that has been swept under the rug as of late. Police brutality and corruption. During the protest, hundreds of Americans were beaten, harassed, and falsely charged by our police departments.

There were hundreds of incidents caught on tape that never were investigated. Whether you support the protest or not, the issue of police brutality in this country is one that needs to be addressed. Intimidation and violence are not ways to combat peaceful protest. Opinions?
If you run with a mob and a handful start hitting people and breaking things, you'll get busted up with them. Think before you decide to run with *******s who start trouble.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that some so-called Americans feel its ok to suppress a protest through violence.

How un-American of you all.
Start protesting peacefully, and I will start to care.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
It still doesn't discount the other videos.

And I linked a stream, not that particular video. Hadn't even watched it till now. The value of linking a "stream" is that you can browse several videos in a "channel" about the same topic.

Any comments about the police brutality?
You don't get to frame the argument with your slanted rhetoric. Just because you call it brutality doesn't make it so.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I personally know of a story where a friend of mine was charged with felony resisting arrest. Supporting video footage shows that absolutely was not the case.

What about the Oakland situation. The same night it was reported some protesters broke into city hall. Prior to that happening, a large protest had formed when police surrounded the park and would not let protesters leave. They literally blocked off all exits. Then, without informing the crowd to disperse, they move in with batons swinging.

That's a clear case of bruality and police intimidation being used.

NDAA was often used to detain certain protestors for extended periods of time discouraging them to protest in the future.
File a complaint then. You run out there trying to incite and provoke you get in trouble.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
If you run with a mob and a handful start hitting people and breaking things, you'll get busted up with them. Think before you decide to run with *******s who start trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Start protesting peacefully, and I will start to care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
You don't get to frame the argument with your slanted rhetoric. Just because you call it brutality doesn't make it so.
Go back and address the video.

10/14/11. The video is before the protests turned violent. The violence came from the police.

You all need to keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies