Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The occupy movement is one lawless, riotous act after another, if anything, the peaceful, legal protests were in the minority. You may have known some peaceful ones, and I have no doubt that thousands of them were peaceful. But when the left in this country get going in a public protest, the violent, anarchists who make up a significant portion of the left, come out too. There are bad actors on the right too, but they are so small they can't even fill a phone booth.

The conservative Tea party movement was very vocal, but peaceful, and is most definitely not "content in the direction of this country."
The Tea Party Never Got Pepper Sprayed - Forbes

This is despite the fact that The Tea Party protests have not always been, so to speak, a tea party. Lest we forget a Tea Party member stomped on a woman’s head.

Tea Partiers also gained great attention for their ability to obstreperously interrupt town hall meetings during the health care debate, and shout down those who disagreed with them.

Were there mass arrests due to these actions? No way. Unscathed would be one way to describe how they emerged. Kid gloves could describe how they were treated by those in power. The guy who stomped on that lady’s head, for example, Tim Profitt, got some probation. But he sure didn’t get beaten down by the
police, as many OWS folks have, for less.

In fact when I Googled “Tea Party” and “arrested” here were some of the top searches that came up:

Co-founder of Oklahoma Tea Party arrested for blackmail « Dvorak News Blog

Former Tea Party Spokesman Arrested on Kidnapping, Rape Charges | TheBlaze.com

Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I know why you have the sentiment that you do now. Your a partisan hack.

Do you support the Tea Party bringing guns, including semi-autos to the protests? How would you feel if Occupy did the same? Showed up armed at protest.
Openly carrying a gun to a protest is not a violent or lawless act. Raping women, stealing property, illegally occupying public and private property, defecating in public, urinating in public, leaving garbage all over the place, selling drugs, throwing rocks and bottles at the police etc... those are violent and lawless acts, and were common in the OWS movement.

No, I'm not a partisan hack at all. Find me proof of violent Tea party protests, and for every one you find there are dozens of violent, lawless, lewd, criminal acts within the OWS protests. Point of fact, there were no "rape tents" set up in the Tea party protests, but they were a necessary inclusion into OWS protests.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The Tea Party Never Got Pepper Sprayed - Forbes

This is despite the fact that The Tea Party protests have not always been, so to speak, a tea party. Lest we forget a Tea Party member stomped on a woman’s head.

Tea Partiers also gained great attention for their ability to obstreperously interrupt town hall meetings during the health care debate, and shout down those who disagreed with them.

Were there mass arrests due to these actions? No way. Unscathed would be one way to describe how they emerged. Kid gloves could describe how they were treated by those in power. The guy who stomped on that lady’s head, for example, Tim Profitt, got some probation. But he sure didn’t get beaten down by the
police, as many OWS folks have, for less.

In fact when I Googled “Tea Party” and “arrested” here were some of the top searches that came up:

Co-founder of Oklahoma Tea Party arrested for blackmail « Dvorak News Blog

Former Tea Party Spokesman Arrested on Kidnapping, Rape Charges | TheBlaze.com
I said there were bad actors on all sides, i never claimed the Tea party was free of them. the point is the OWS movement is steeped in violence, just do a Google search for the OWS movement and riot, and you will get almost a million hits - because it's a violent movement. The name alone 'Occupy' to take something, is most cases is an aggressive, violent and lawless act in itself.

just give up defending the OWS movement, there are thousands and thousands of stories about the violence, the rapes, the riots etc... You ignore OWS violence, and find the most absurd links to Tea party movement, while there is an overwhelming history of violence in the OWS.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I said there were bad actors on all sides, i never claimed the Tea party was free of them. the point is the OWS movement is steeped in violence, just do a Google search for the OWS movement and riot, and you will get almost a million hits - because it's a violent movement. The name alone 'Occupy' to take something, is most cases is an aggressive, violent and lawless act in itself.
Oh please.

The media did a great job of highlighting all of the negative press they could about the event. It would make sense though seeing that it would disrupt the current establishment.

You claim that a majority of protesters were violent? Prove it. I'll call you a liar. A majority is over 50%.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Then point at all sides. Right now your just pointing at Occupy. Don't be a hypocrite.

Do you even know where the violence started?? What if it was the police who started the violent acts? This guy seems to think it was the police who were the aggressors. Other witnesses also say that it was the police who struck first.

[Orignal full version] 1 Marine vs. 30 Cops (By. J. handy) - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 AM

Let me get this right, its ok for police to attack civilians if one in the group does something but its not justifiable the other way around? Using your logic the people should be attacking the police all over this country for the acts done against innocent civilians.

Luckily, most people don't share your logic.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Guess that's the justification for Stop & Frisk too.

Black people are by and large criminals so stop and frisk them all.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 AM

The Tea Party wasn't even a grassroots movement and has done more harm to the Republican party than any other group possibly could. Great example of a faux orchestrated movement.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Stick your attitude where the sun don't shine lefty. Typical lib-scum. You don't get the responses you like, you go on the attack. Moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
LOL! Good. At least you admit your heroes are damn animals.

How many jobs did your occupy scum create?

I spend money chump. I don't **** and moan, attack people and break things. Good doggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies