Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 12:42 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
He doesn't debate with reason. Just emotions. It's evident.
Yup.

With emotions.......and attacks and insults.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:41 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I said there were bad actors on all sides, i never claimed the Tea party was free of them. the point is the OWS movement is steeped in violence, just do a Google search for the OWS movement and riot, and you will get almost a million hits - because it's a violent movement. The name alone 'Occupy' to take something, is most cases is an aggressive, violent and lawless act in itself.

just give up defending the OWS movement, there are thousands and thousands of stories about the violence, the rapes, the riots etc... You ignore OWS violence, and find the most absurd links to Tea party movement, while there is an overwhelming history of violence in the OWS.
Violent? how can anyone be violent when you are surrounded by police ready to start clubbing.
Most of those stories with lists of rapes etc. circulating the internet have been shown to be false.
But some posters that are clueless like to post garbage that makes it seem like everyone in Occupy was either defecating on a police car or raping someone.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM

I don't know if this was posted

NYPD’s Occupy Wall Street Raid Costs City $366,000

Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Hadn't heard about that situation. Thanks for the post.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM

The reason why they came down so hard on Occupy is because they had the Corporate Elite a little concern, lets not be naive on who was calling the shots.
They were worried enough that everyone from the White House down got involved including FBI,CIA, Homeland Security.

Lets not forget that even the official press got harassed and physically abused, even a New York City council man was rounded up and arrested.

A car with a group of internet streamers was also pulled over without cause and surrounded by officers with guns drawn, they had their videos they had been taking erased.
The police even raided houses where they were staying, the same happened to known activists.
I have friends that have been detained at the Canadian boarder while on vacation with their families.
Since when is it a crime to be an activist, but that is the way the government looks at it they consider any kind of protest against the actions of the government to be terrorism

DoD Training Manual: Protests are "Low-Level Terrorism" - Dennis Loo - Open Salon

Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
The reason why they came down so hard on Occupy is because they had the Corporate Elite a little concern, lets not be naive on who was calling the shots.
They were worried enough that everyone from the White House down got involved including FBI,CIA, Homeland Security.

Lets not forget that even the official press got harassed and physically abused, even a New York City council man was rounded up and arrested.

A car with a group of internet streamers was also pulled over without cause and surrounded by officers with guns drawn, they had their videos they had been taking erased.
The police even raided houses where they were staying, the same happened to known activists.
I have friends that have been detained at the Canadian boarder while on vacation with their families.
Since when is it a crime to be an activist, but that is the way the government looks at it they consider any kind of protest against the actions of the government to be terrorism

DoD Training Manual: Protests are "Low-Level Terrorism" - Dennis Loo - Open Salon
I had a personal friend get falsely charged. The charges could've ruined his life. The results of him being detained for over a month and his livelihood ruined have devastated him. I learned most of my inside stuff from him but researched the whole thing when it took off because I had a similar cause. I was working on a project in a industry where we were going to give control to the producers. I won't go into details but we're still planning on pushing forward.

What you described is exactly what I'm trying to relay to the American people. There were some very unpatriotic and unconstitutional things done during the protests and people should be outraged.

People will eventually wake up. They'll realize it was the propaganda that turned them away and not the causes that the protests actually stood for. We're still talking about those very same issues 2 years later.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:01 PM

And Occupy was not just a bunch of drugged out low life kids as many have painted it.

Occupy Wall Street Actually Not At All Representative Of The 99 Percent, Report Finds

Old 04-16-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I had a personal friend get falsely charged. The charges could've ruined his life. The results of him being detained for over a month and his livelihood ruined have devastated him. I learned most of my inside stuff from him but researched the whole thing when it took off because I had a similar cause. I was working on a project in a industry where we were going to give control to the producers. I won't go into details but we're still planning on pushing forward.

What you described is exactly what I'm trying to relay to the American people. There were some very unpatriotic and unconstitutional things done during the protests and people should be outraged.

People will eventually wake up. They'll realize it was the propaganda that turned them away and not the causes that the protests actually stood for. We're still talking about those very same issues 2 years later.
I have a friend that has been arrested a number of times at protest he has trouble finding employment, many companies outsource background checks and when it comes back showing the arrests that is as far as the interview process goes.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I have a friend that has been arrested a number of times at protest he has trouble finding employment, many companies outsource background checks and when it comes back showing the arrests that is as far as the interview process goes.
It's pretty sad that the government has resorted to blackmail to suppress Americans from voicing their opinions.

Guess Occupy hit a string

You guys inspired a lot of Americans. Don't let the brainless BS of a few make you think that you were not just in your cause. I think there's too much support and too many people working together for things to die now. Might be an interesting summer as far as support goes.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
It's pretty sad that the government has resorted to blackmail to suppress Americans from voicing their opinions.

Guess Occupy hit a string

You guys inspired a lot of Americans. Don't let the brainless BS of a few make you think that you were not just in your cause. I think there's too much support and too many people working together for things to die now. Might be an interesting summer as far as support goes.
I have only been involved since moving to Northern Virginia from Jersey a few years ago but I have met and got to know some amazing people that have inspired me.

D.C. seems to be the main hub for activist groups they are well educated, non violent, most are trained in all aspects of non violence, courses in non violent are constantly being offered.
Which is why I don't understand why they bother with us as much as they do, they should be going after the real bad guys that want to harm our country but I guess they consider us to be more dangerous to the establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies