Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,979,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
We receive Fox News in the UK. I watched Fox News during the last presidential election. all night long it was one mantra, Romney is winning, Romney is winning easily. The other stations I watched, both British and American, said that it looked like Obama was going to retain the presidency.
The following day the half wit Hannity was asking his pundits, including Carl Rove, how they could have been so wrong with their predictions. The reason is quite simple, they misled their viewers. They had access to the the same information as their rival TV stations but they decided to mislead their viewers instead. It's junk news.
You must have been watching a different Fox News.

You're entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:44 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,695,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is not the reason...Fox caters to the ignorant masses in the US telling them what they want to hear, regardless if it is true or not.
So Fox news uses the Obama mode of operation to get ratings?

CN.......

Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,423,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
We receive Fox News in the UK. I watched Fox News during the last presidential election. all night long it was one mantra, Romney is winning, Romney is winning easily. The other stations I watched, both British and American, said that it looked like Obama was going to retain the presidency.
The following day the half wit Hannity was asking his pundits, including Carl Rove, how they could have been so wrong with their predictions. The reason is quite simple, they misled their viewers. They had access to the the same information as their rival TV stations but they decided to mislead their viewers instead. It's junk news.
That is standard operating procedure at FAUX News, to mislead their viewers. They obviously couldnt change course even when the math was going to disprove their nonsense. They simply stayed where they were comfortable, feeding the sheep their daily allowance of lies to keep them pacified and comfortable.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You're absolutely right. We should be more tolerant of stupid people.
After all, they were born that way.

But most FAUX watchers choose to remain that way. I can have no more tolerance for someone who makes a conscious decision to remain misled and stupid than I can have tolerance for someone who is perfectly healthy, unemployed, and unwilling to work for a living.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:39 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,385,413 times
I watched some FOX news on my visit to Las Vegas in October. I was there for two weeks. Whenever I watched the channel it was hammering Obamacare....... every time I saw the channel. Talking heads literally laughing about it. I never saw a different subject being discussed. There seemed only to be one point of view being broadcast, no time given for the other side of the argument. In England, both sides of such an important subject have to be given time on the BBC. I have never seen a so called news channel like it.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,033,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I watched some FOX news on my visit to Las Vegas in October. I was there for two weeks. Whenever I watched the channel it was hammering Obamacare....... every time I saw the channel. Talking heads literally laughing about it. I never saw a different subject being discussed. There seemed only to be one point of view being broadcast, no time given for the other side of the argument. In England, both sides of such an important subject have to be given time on the BBC. I have never seen a so called news channel like it.
They also revive already debunked conspiracies in the hopes that their viewers will not remember that it was debunked or that they never even heard that it was debunked.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:56 AM

58,545 posts, read 26,845,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
FOX News caters to the 200+ and older demographic that longs for the glory days of the 1850's.

They're not a news source, they're an echo chamber.
I am SURE you can back up your juvenile attempt to be funny comment.

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for Thursday, January 9, 2014
Total Day P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FOXN 1,334 273 531
CNN 365 117 174
MSNBC 524 157 253
CNBC 156 45 74
FBN 62 9 26

Cable News Ratings for Thursday, January 9, 2014 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Old 01-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

It's not "news", it's "info-tainment"

Quote:
A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.

People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.
Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes

Old 01-11-2014, 12:03 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,021,518 times
Here we go again for the hundredth time...

Why do people brag about news networks that aren't sending them a check and could care less about your sucking up to them?

Is Roger Ailes sending any Conservatives on C-D a check? Post a copy of the check please.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:07 PM

37,746 posts, read 40,814,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is not the reason...Fox caters to the ignorant masses in the US telling them what they want to hear, regardless if it is true or not.
Do you really think ignorant masses watch any news at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies