Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The reason that Fox News reigns supreme

Fox News and supreme?? Sorry. That does not compute.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:13 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Watching MSNBC is the cable news equivalent of lifting up a rock and seeing what's crawling around underneath it.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If FAUX News "reigns supreme", it is simply evidence that the United States has the lowest intellect and awareness of any industrialized nation in the world. It is validation of the Dumbing Down of America.

The sad thing is the pride of the stupid people who watch that garbage. Pride in being clueless.
Consider those statements in light of the fact that it's the liberal mainstream media watchers who gave us Obama.

It's a sure thing that Fox viewers didn't do that!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yep. I just saw Fox do a story on some ying-yang who drained a pool onto the street and caused it to freeze over (apparently ice is slippery - who knew?) which caused multiple accidents.

It's one hard-hitting expose after another.
Ha!

Thats about as bright as putting hot water on a frozen windshield.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:49 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
FOX News is biased, but so are the other networks. The only difference is that aside from marketing towards conservative viewers, FOX actually reports on many different events where as CNN, NBC etc... All report the same thing from the same angel, it makes no sense for their to be so many liberal networks.

And something about FOX I noticed is that they do have some liberal guests on there who they do seem to treat fairly as they keep coming back. Never happens on the other networks. The worst is MSNBC, the things that network does is down right asinine.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:23 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Consider those statements in light of the fact that it's the liberal mainstream media watchers who gave us Obama.

It's a sure thing that Fox viewers didn't do that!

Right, Fox New watchers gave us George "Huh?" Bush, Sarah "I Quit!" Palin and Michele "Totu causes retardation!" Bachmann.

The "liberal" media watchers gave us the man who fixed the economic, killed Bin Laden, and passed affordable healthcare.

Yup, Fox News wins hands down there.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:31 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Right, Fox New watchers gave us George "Huh?" Bush, Sarah "I Quit!" Palin and Michele "Totu causes retardation!" Bachmann.

The "liberal" media watchers gave us the man who fixed the economic, killed Bin Laden, and passed affordable healthcare.

Yup, Fox News wins hands down there.

Wouldn't you quit, too, if frivolous lawsuits were costing you tens of thousands of dollars?

And I'll take George "Huh?" Bush over Barrack "If you like your insurance/doctor, you can keep it" Obama any day! Not to mention Nancy "We have to pass it to see what's in it" Pelosi.

I didn't realize that Obama killed Bin Laden (due to interrogation methods Obama opposed!). How did Obama "kill" Bin Laden? A knife? A sword? A gun?

Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's always been that way. Fox has always presented all sides of every story.
I think this statement pretty much highlights the problem - it's one thing to say, "Yeah, Fox News leans heavily to the right and that's the way I like it!"

It's quite different to say that Fox presents all sides of the story... What all sides? The extreme right, the radical right, and the Tea-Party right?

When I'm watching MSNBC, I'm quite aware of the angle they're coming from. That's why I don't watch MSNBC, and most liberals don't watch MSNBC.

Just as when I'm watching Superman, Man of Steel, I am quite aware that I'm watching a fictional story that will never ever happen in real life. But not to the Fox News watchers, they are the kind of folks who'd treat Superman as a documentary and are probably at this moment building their bunkers to prepare for an invasion by General Zod.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
FOX News is biased, but so are the other networks. The only difference is that aside from marketing towards conservative viewers, FOX actually reports on many different events where as CNN, NBC etc... All report the same thing from the same angel, it makes no sense for their to be so many liberal networks.

And something about FOX I noticed is that they do have some liberal guests on there who they do seem to treat fairly as they keep coming back. Never happens on the other networks. The worst is MSNBC, the things that network does is down right asinine.
Really? I thought Joe Scarborough who has a show on MSNBC is a conservative? I certainly see conservative guests on his show treated fairly, as well. Chris Matthews has Michael Steele and many republican strategists on his show quite often. Maybe conservative Fox News watchers pretty much see what they want to see. You will probably not see Palin on any of these shows as she cannot put a sentence together without a script (and sometimes not even with one).

Old 01-14-2014, 03:53 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
NOBODY else is doing stories on obamacare, Benghazi, NSA, the IRS scandals. Yet, the Christie story has been the lead 24/7 with the msm.

Fox News is ALL OVER the Christie Bridge story.....and he's a republican!

They are also doing in depth journalism on the chemical spill in WV......which is a chemical used in the coal mining industry.

Had the spill been of some chemical used in making solar panels, the msm would not even give it a mention.

ALL other news channels are biased to the point of being laughingstocks.
Unlike places like NBC, Fox News Network has a lot of liberals and moderate, contributors, reporters and talking heads all mixed in, and they do a great job covering all the news.

The US is a center right country BTW, not a full left-leaning liberal country, like MSNBC thinks it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies