Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 02:13 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times

Advertisements

I think Fox is trying to improve it's demographics. Kelly may have more appeal to females in the audience than Hannity.
Females comprise the most desirable section of our population for most retail and consumer goods, and most of the heavy advertising is aimed at them, not men. 18-35 females spend more money on the stuff that TV advertising is targeted.

Watch ads that are aired now. You will never see a single man in a car ad these days. There's always a woman there, too. Only the trucks are still aimed at males now. That's only an example of a huge ad shift that is aimed at women now.

if Hannity can't attract feminine eyeballs, Fox can't make big money selling ad space on his show. It's simple economics that apply to all television these days.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:22 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,279,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

If that is true, why are there so many Democrats/liberals on that station?
How does having liberals on to berate and belittle and cut the mikes of show that Fox news doesn't exist to spread right-wing propaganda? I don't think you have an argument, but you do. Therefore, you must think MSNBC isn't a liberal station. After all, if you're right why are there so many right-wingers on MSNBC?

My first reaction to your graph is "MSNBC has more op-ed shows than Fox" so what? Quality, not quantity, is the problem with Fox.

You seem to be arguing against MSNBC as if that's some sort of argument in favour of Fox Republican News. Fox is what it is, and it was what it is long before MSNBC existed. I don't even understand why you're talking about MSNBC. It certainly doesn't serve to defend Fox against clearly true accusations of its being the propaganda arm of the Republican party.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:25 PM

24,494 posts, read 33,228,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
How does having liberals on to berate and belittle and cut the mikes of show that Fox news doesn't exist to spread right-wing propaganda? I don't think you have an argument, but you do. Therefore, you must think MSNBC isn't a liberal station. After all, if you're right why are there so many right-wingers on MSNBC?

My first reaction to your graph is "MSNBC has more op-ed shows than Fox" so what? Quality, not quantity, is the problem with Fox.

You seem to be arguing against MSNBC as if that's some sort of argument in favour of Fox Republican News. Fox is what it is, and it was what it is long before MSNBC existed. I don't even understand why you're talking about MSNBC. It certainly doesn't serve to defend Fox against clearly true accusations of its being the propaganda arm of the Republican party.
"None so blind as those who refuse to see."

There are more liberals on Fox News than there are Republicans on MSNBC.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Be careful Fleet! When you provide proof, the people who are wrong will typically resort to calling you a bigot or a racist, rather than admit their error and apologize.
I am used to it. They also can't accept facts, too! All they can say is, "So what?"

Old 09-18-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"None so blind as those who refuse to see."

There are more liberals on Fox News than there are Republicans on MSNBC.
You didn't answer my questions. You just stick to your talking point there.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
I dont think throwing Bob Beckle or Juan Hernandez in a shark tank of 4 conservatives as fair and balanced. If it were fair and balanced there would be equal number of debaters and equal time. And putting Colmers on Oreilly with his sis in law to be attacked a couple times a week isnt either. Fox news is not fair and balanced. I do like their news though because they deal with issues the MSM tries to sweep under the carpet as they protect the president
There usually is an equal or almost-equal amount of Republicans and Democrats debating. Compare with the other two main news networks:

Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM

And don't forget to keep whining about MSNBC because it doesn't exist to spread right-wing lies. If there's anything that will convince me of the wisdom of right-wing thought, that's it.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer my questions. You just stick to your talking point there.
And you can't accept facts.

I already did answer your question. The one line I posted says it all, along with the other data I just posted.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
And don't forget to keep whining about MSNBC because it doesn't exist to spread right-wing lies. If there's anything that will convince me of the wisdom of right-wing thought, that's it.
Finally you said something accurate. MSNBC doesn't spread "right-wing lies" (whatever those are supposed to be)... it spreads left-wing lies!

Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM

It's very strange how apologists for the torture-supporting right thinks counting the number of guests and their affiliations is a benchmark for something. I suppose a torturecoward might say something like "Fox News had a Muslim religious author as a guest once!" as proof of how liberal they are, meanwhile conveniently forgetting how the Republican host refused to believe that a Muslim religious scholar was qualified to write a book on the life of that Jesus fellow. And as I pointed out, Alan Colmes was just there to be a punching bag for the torture supporter Hannity. To a right-wing torture supporter, Colmes' presence is some sort of proof Fox News isn't just Republican propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.