Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

The reality is he Can't and he has almost hot air as Christy of Jersey!! Just to show that the
Dem's have no intention in working together and it all about "Social Justice"

This guy will crash and burn in Political Koas!

Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You have been around this forum with the same right-wing scripts repeated over and over.
So once again here are the freebies loved by conservatives.
Food Stamps Are Affordable; Corporate Welfare Is Not
You see, food stamps are better spent because every penny goes back into the economy for goods and services instead of being stashed in offshore accounts and shelters by the wealthy conservative base.

The American taxpayer spends more on conservative welfare programs than on "liberal" ones.
Remember, the poor are supposed to bootstrap themselves - shouldn't the rich do the same? Can you address this point without parroting Fox News? Give it a try.

Are you criticizing democrats or "liberals" for this? So you don't believe in "eating from the hand of government"?
Government Spends More On Corporate Welfare Subsidies Than Social Welfare Programs | For Economic Justice
GLARING IN it to make a quick point.CONSISTENCY: “Social Welfare Cheats vs. Corporate Welfare Cheats” | Always Question Authority

I have put this question to forum conservatives with never an answer. Please justify the ideology that only the poor should "bootstrap" themselves, and explain why welfare programs for the rich are better for the country than social programs for the poor. You might also explain why hypocrisy is off the conservative radar.
You said a mouthful. I know how you feel about food stamps and it leaves feeling superior in your Social Liberal Mind!

Fact is food stamps is a safety net, No one or no party is suggesting that its a freebee. Its a benefit of being American when the hardship sets in.

Its easy to throw out a one liner and all of us has done.

What we are really speaking to there is too many Americans on Food stamps. Instead of giving more Stamps, what about a good paying job in American, Yes American Industry would solve the level of living and the Middle class can survive on a full time salary!

Obama and the DNC have created a welfare state. Discourage real Business by unreasonable rules and Regs from HLS to the IRS to Obama Care. I have interview many people for a full time job with Benefits.

The story I get is many Companies like Walgreens and others are at 32 hour week at close to min wage. What is the Social Justice in that?

You better look at your own party. Hope and change is a faded , tired political lie!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:00 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Sorry i dont speak nonsense, so i cant make out what you say. Your links are null.
Don't like what you see? Of course not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
You said a mouthful. I know how you feel about food stamps and it leaves feeling superior in your Social Liberal Mind!

Fact is food stamps is a safety net, No one or no party is suggesting that its a freebee. Its a benefit of being American when the hardship sets in.

What we are really speaking to there is too many Americans on Food stamps. Instead of giving more Stamps, what about a good paying job in American, Yes American Industry would solve the level of living and the Middle class can survive on a full time salary!

Obama and the DNC have created a welfare state. Discourage real Business by unreasonable rules and Regs from HLS to the IRS to Obama Care. I have interview many people for a full time job with Benefits.

The story I get is many Companies like Walgreens and others are at 32 hour week at close to min wage. What is the Social Justice in that?

You better look at your own party. Hope and change is a faded , tired political lie!
Oh yeah, "foodstamp" Obama and his welfare state destroying jobs. Then tell me why congressional repubs are filibustering democratic-authored jobs bills. Tell me why republican-sponsored outsourcing of jobs is good for America.
Fox "News" not telling you this stuff?
Please state how "over-regulation" of corporations have "destroyed jobs". You have no clue.
You see, you have offered nothing but more right-wing media scripts, obediently parroted without a question because somebody on Faux News said it and neither of you like the guy in the White House. You have no clue how businesses are over-regulated, under-regulated, or in-between. You have no clue why companies are hiring at minimum wage or the reason for a 32-hour work week.
Fact is, look at the tactics of your own obstructionist repub congress over 5 years, or just stay in your warm Fox cocoon and keep repeating what they tell you.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 04-14-2014 at 07:12 PM..

Old 04-15-2014, 07:40 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Im not whining about it, but i get a laugh at idiotic statements such as yours. You think its okay for the government to do as it pleases and spend as it wishes. Unless you are one of those people that are eating from the hands of the government and living in poverty?
You are trying to quantify something that is meaningless. The government can and will do exactly what it pleases when it comes to finances. There is no validation needed. If the government wants to spend its own made up fiat money, it can do so limitlessly.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:33 AM

401 posts, read 649,647 times
Being against an extemist party, an association that wants to sell guns at American lives' cost, and against a news channel that lies every day to make a point against Obama is not that bad

Old 04-15-2014, 10:46 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryever View Post
Being against an extemist party, an association that wants to sell guns at American lives' cost, and against a news channel that lies every day to make a point against Obama is not that bad
So what is so extreme? Both parties have extremists in each - FAIL

Guns have been sold for a long time, just like cars, planes, knives, etc. They all can kill if the operator conducts it in that way - FAIL

So now other news channels have ever lied before? -FAIL
You mean call out Obama on his actions- FAIL

You have FAILED with your reply, sorry try again.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:02 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

A book could be written about the farce of Hope and Change Which never came to materialize. A party that preaches so much BS and can look you into your eyes with said conviction. Is usually a party that ends up slapping us in the face.

I should say laughing at us. This administration has lied way too many times, and has tried to maneuver way too many times out of each new scandal. Why doesn't the Democrat Establishment declare war on the lies an deceit of their own party. And declare war on brining to Americans jobs and a booming thriving economy.

As was promised to us all by Obama himself.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
A book could be written about the farce of Hope and Change Which never came to materialize. A party that preaches so much BS and can look you into your eyes with said conviction. Is usually a party that ends up slapping us in the face.

I should say laughing at us. This administration has lied way too many times, and has tried to maneuver way too many times out of each new scandal. Why doesn't the Democrat Establishment declare war on the lies an deceit of their own party. And declare war on brining to Americans jobs and a booming thriving economy.

As was promised to us all by Obama himself.
You know who is supposed to create jobs and manage the economy? Congress! Your republicons in congress are sabotaging the economy, all jobs legislation, and the "hope and change" you despise.
So as a conservative, the lack of jobs and "hope and change" above is exactly what you want. Your repub congress is doing its job on your behalf, yet you whine about it.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,342 times
Quote:
You know who is supposed to create jobs and manage the economy? Congress! Your republicons in congress are sabotaging the economy, all jobs legislation, and the "hope and change" you despise.
So as a conservative, the lack of jobs and "hope and change" above is exactly what you want. Your repub congress is doing its job on your behalf, yet you whine about it.

Can you provide fact and proof of this ? You sound like Obama , always blaming the other party no matter what lol. Man up

Old 04-15-2014, 11:25 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Don't like what you see? Of course not.

Oh yeah, "foodstamp" Obama and his welfare state destroying jobs. Then tell me why congressional repubs are filibustering democratic-authored jobs bills. Tell me why republican-sponsored outsourcing of jobs is good for America.
Fox "News" not telling you this stuff?
Uh, no. Fox news is telling the truth on this stuff. It's the liberal outlets who are spinning it. For example, a "jobs bill' is just more government spending. Just because they title something a "jobs" bill doesn't make it a jobs bill. So Fox will simply report the facts - Democrats want to increase spending, and Republicans are trying to block it. MSNBC will spin that as Democrats want to create jobs and Republicans want to send them overseas.

You have to hire people to serve as soldiers and hire people to build tanks and guns. So why is it that Democrats want to lower military spending? Are they trying to put people out of work? Why hasn't the liberal media done reporting against the Democrats for wanting to put all those people out of work? Your own logic works against you there.
Quote:
Please state how "over-regulation" of corporations have "destroyed jobs". You have no clue.
Please allow people to answer your question before you announce that they have no clue. All that does is point out how purely partisan you are and not actually interested in real discussion.

Here's merely one example - Democrats required a "medallion" in order to operate a taxi in Washington DC. Medallions could cost upwards of a million dollars to obtain. Independent taxi drivers and small taxi cab companies could not afford that, so they were driven out of business.
Quote:
You see, you have offered nothing but more right-wing media scripts, obediently parroted without a question because somebody on Faux News said it and neither of you like the guy in the White House. You have no clue how businesses are over-regulated, under-regulated, or in-between. You have no clue why companies are hiring at minimum wage or the reason for a 32-hour work week.
Nor did you provide any information either. So you're guilty of exactly what you're accusing the other person of doing. But in addition to that, you've come off with an arrogant and insulting attitude as well.
Quote:
Fact is, look at the tactics of your own obstructionist repub congress over 5 years, or just stay in your warm Fox cocoon and keep repeating what they tell you.
Being obstructionist is what Republicans are supposed to do. There is a reason we don't simply have an emperor in our nation. The function of the minority party is to put checks on the majority party. Our entire nation is founded on checks and balances. You show an astonishing lack of critical thinking and a high level of partisan vitriol for someone who is accusing others of those very same things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies