Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm sure 90% of all gay "marriage" supporters would have supported Lenin.

Why would they have supported Lenin? Lenin considered homosexuality a disease and had gays forcibly confined in mental institutions.

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I do! It's loads of fun, but again you misunderstand. It's a device I'm using to *help* make my point.

What's hilarious here is that you give off this air of superiority because you're "hetero", yet the inflection in your posts betray you. You're afraid of equal rights for all Americans. I wonder why that is?
It shows your mind is that of a child. You have no point to make.

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
gays can get married even in every single state in the country they are just to stupid to know the diffrence between a man and a woman.
People with your mind set are too stupid to know that the majority does not rule the minorities and that the arguement saying that gays can marry straights is the same arguement in different words that the state of Virginia used to deny interracial marriage. That every person of any race could marry in their state as long as the person they married was the same race. Marriage equality will win because the USA is about freedom for all of its citizens, not just the majority Get used to it false Jew.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Now your getting nasty for some reason and trying to use the word bigot..most are not going to say flat out in public...I do not support gay marriage...because there are jobs to do, places to shop and on and on including the attacks that come back like this above. Did you know sears pulled their ad from controversies which would of had a suggestion of support for Gay....and malls are developing rules for disordered unwelcome behav...

anyway ...ever heard of Niagra Falls..? People all over go there for the honeymoon and have been doing this for years...all that water and force, ...trying to throw a monkey wrench into the Traditional Marriage is no different then coming along with the little wrench and trying to stop this...behold the power, a small fraction of gravity, present everywhere in the universe and, the neccesary for a universe...Taking terms and suggesting same that have nothing to do with the naturally intended and globally understood for centuries, is dishonest.

Niagara Falls - Cataratas de Niagara / USA-Canada - YouTube
Of course! Niagara Falls, Canada, has been a traditionally, older, popular place (not so much now that they f'd up the water flow - U.S. side) where male-female couples have gone for their honeymoon. Same with the Grand Canyon. TYPICAL MALE-FEMALE TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE stuff, yup.

Did you know, by the way, that for centuries blacks were not permitted to go to typical American honeymoon spots for their honeymoon? The reason they weren't is because black couples were not TYPICAL, OLD-FASHIONED WHITE TRADITIONAL couples. And, well, you know how that goes - black couples just weren't the typical couples whites were used to, and one must, after all, have TYPICAL and OLD-FASHIONED. That ole stuff was soo much better, right?

Not until after Civil Rights did it became easier to file discrimination lawsuits. This, of course, led to the loosening of restrictions. So you see, laws were required. Laws have an effect. Couples nowadays don't have to be your typical WHITE marriage couple, and can be black honeymooning couples.

Rights are important, whether or not you get nervous because life is looking different from the way it looked "in the good ole days" (which were rather hellish, by the way, and not good at all).

Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Yet another losing post.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It shows your mind is that of a child. You have no point to make.
Actually it shows that my point is that I'm for marriage equality, but no surprise you weren't able to grasp it.

I was editing your posts to poke fun at you and to help establish my point. Please tell me that you couldn't see that?

Ugh, fine. I'll spell it out for you since you're obviously a simpleton who needs to have everything spelled out for you:

I am for marriage for all Americans, regardless of sexual orientation. I am for this because I gave up four years of my life to the better of this country by serving in the United States Navy. As such, my duty was to uphold the liberties, freedoms, and opportunities of ALL Americans in the United States, not just a select few. I am a Veteran of the military and as such I, once again, support marriage equality.

There. I did it without editing your post at all whatsoever. See how easy it was for me to do that? You're too easy.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Of course! Niagara Falls, Canada, has been a traditionally, older, popular place (not so much now that they f'd up the water flow - U.S. side) where male-female couples have gone for their honeymoon. Same with the Grand Canyon. TYPICAL MALE-FEMALE TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE stuff, yup.
NF is a FABULOUS wedding destination for homosexuals. Gay marriage has been legal in all of Canada for quite some time.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the fact is gays can get married in any state in this country.
Just like Jews were free to worship under the Inquisition. As long as people don't insist on marrying the person they actually love or worship according to their actual beliefs, they can be remarkably free.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I am for marriage for all Americans, regardless of sexual orientation. I am for this because I gave up four years of my life to the better of this country by serving in the United States Navy. As such, my duty was to uphold the liberties, freedoms, and opportunities of ALL Americans in the United States, not just a select few. I am a Veteran of the military and as such I, once again, support marriage equality.
You didn't give up '4' years of your life. You got paid, probably a lot more than you could get without the Navy. Furthermore they will pay for your education and being in the Navy in this day and age means you saw absolutely no combat (most probably). Don't make yourself out to be some sort of altruistic martyr.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:46 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yet another losing post.
Your mind is that of a child if you can't explain how these posts are "losing" in anyway, whatsoever.

What are your criteria that you are judging from? Sure your *opinion* is that some posts "lose" or whatever, but what gives you the right to dictate that? What's your outline here? Why are you so obsessed with posts that "lose"? Here I'll give you a template:

"I feel that certain posts are 'losing' because of:

Reason #1:

Reason #2:

I also feel that my argument is better because of:

Reason #1:

Reason #2:"

There you go. I know a simpleton like you can do this. I'm curious as to what your reasons are...if you have any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies