U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM

69,823 posts, read 52,436,914 times

Advertisements

Um, just to turn everybodys little world upside down but the Koch brothers helped to blind fund a global warming study. The study verified that there has indeed been warming but the CAUSES and to what extent they contribute are what is still being debated.

So anybody claiming that there is no warming hasn't been paying attention.

Also, in this global economy with many countries saying they won't cut emissions no matter what....gutting the US economy over global warming won't really help matters. We need improved tech and even if you don't believe in AGW you sure as heck have to appreciate ending our oil dependence would do for our trade balance etc.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-25-2013, 01:52 PM

20,950 posts, read 18,255,349 times
All I know is that it's March 25th and I'm cold!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:57 PM

6,358 posts, read 3,450,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Beliefs aren't facts.

These people are paid to say global warming is a problem.
I have listed sources showing that the authors of your sources, are paid $100,000's of dollars by oil companies.

You said that my sources "are paid to say global warming is a problem."
Can you list a source backing up your above statement?
Answer: No you can't because your statement is a fantasy world lie.

Did you just make up your above untrue statement (that you can't provide a source for) ???

Old 03-25-2013, 02:05 PM

20,185 posts, read 22,726,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I have listed sources showing that the authors of your sources, are paid $100,000's of dollars by oil companies.

Did you just make up your above untrue statement (that you can't provide a source for) ???
Those who believe in global warming are too stupid to figure it out and then there are those who are paid because of global warming.... then there are those who profit from junk faith...

13,056 posts, read 12,477,397 times
Quote:
My source lists the beliefs 1,372 (un-paid) climate researchers.

Your source is put out by Thomas R. Fuller, and Mr. Fuller is paid by oil companies.

The following source shows how oil companies have given Thomas R. Fuller $461,497.00

Thomas Fuller - Forbes

In the past cigarette companies also paid scientists to say cigarettes don't cause cancer. ExxonMobile does the same thing with global warming.
You have to be beyond retarded to (only) trust scientists that are paid by ExxonMobile in matters of global warming. (But Fox news and Rush radio freaks are more than retarded.)

That invalidates the points made.... how?

Did they not use Google Scholar instead of an academic database?

Did they not search only in English?

Did they not get names wrong?

Did they not get job titles wrong?

Did they not get incorrect numbers of publications and citations?

Please... do tell?

3,038 posts, read 2,418,993 times
Quote:

Did you just make up your above untrue statement?
The only sources I listed were people like Dr Paul Erlich. You agree with him.

I was just showing how the exact same statements/predictions were made about global cooling, overpopulation, acid rain, ozone depletion etc...

Why do I need to list sources to show there are scientists that are paid to say warming is a problem? Scientists that say warming is a problem get grants from government and environmental groups. It's a matter of public record. You can look it up yourself if you don't believe me. I could care less.

P.S. I never once mentioned an oil company or their research. Don't let facts get in the way of your emotions rthough.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:12 PM

3,398 posts, read 4,869,085 times
Quote:
The worlds climate scientists are scared about global warming, because it could flip this planet inside out.
Read the following source from NASA, its one (possibility) of what global warming could do.

A Chilling Possibility - NASA Science

But unforchantly republicans do not care about the dangers of global warming, they would rather join ExxonMobiles paid scientists to say global warming is not happening.[/quote]

chad3 is convinced,yet lives in a city below sea level. Brilliant.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:16 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,418,993 times
Quote:
My source lists the beliefs 1,372 (un-paid) climate researchers.

Your source is put out by Thomas R. Fuller, and Mr. Fuller is paid by oil companies.

The following source shows how oil companies have given Thomas R. Fuller $461,497.00

Thomas Fuller - Forbes
The following source shows how Penn State University was awarded $12 million to "research" climate change.

http://www.research.psu.edu/news/201...anagement/view

And you do realize how grant money at universities work? PSU only has to spend half of it on the actual research. The other $6 million can be spent on anything the Adminstration wants. i.e. buildings, endowments, statutes of themselves, etc...

Hell, if I were Fuller I would switch sides. The real money is claiming warming is an issue.

And the second they say warming isn't a problem they can kiss those $12 million dollar grants good bye.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM

14,295 posts, read 9,248,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
“The cooling has already killed hundreds of thousands of people in poor nations. It has already made food and fuel more precious, thus increasing the price of everything we buy. If it continues, and no strong measures are taken to deal with it, the cooling will cause world famine, world chaos, and probably world war, and this could all come by the year 2000. (Lowell Ponte, The Cooling, 1976)

"At this point, the world’s climatologists are agreed….Once the freeze starts, it will be too late." (Douglas Colligan, “Brace Yourself for Another Ice Age,” Science Digest, February, 1973)
...and we probably had ten years to act to change our ways, or it would be too late, and the new ice-age would be upon us. Just like the same people tell us we must act in ten years to thwart global warming, or it would be too late.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:34 PM

14,295 posts, read 9,248,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Then why do they keep using "weather patterns" as evidence of global warming?
That's all it is - weather patterns, and the natural forces of the earth that drive the weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.