Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 03:13 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
The Bush girls didn't have a father who asked everyone else to cut back and pay their "fair share". The criticism is leveled at the parents, not the kids. The kids couldn't take the trip without parental approval right?. And if you think things are better now then they were before, well, God bless you.
No--as I said earlier--he just spent like there was no tomorrow and bankrupted the country. Do you think the Obama's don't pay taxes? Do you think they aren't willing to pay more in taxes? That was his proposal--raising the top marginal tax rate and cutting loopholes. I'd say that's paying your fair share. Here's where I laugh--we really do need to make serious cuts in the budget, and we need to balance it with increasing revenues. Instead, all I hear out of the teavangelicals is that they're dead set against raising revenues, and they seem to be opposed to every real cut in spending that's proposed, like cleaning up military costs, or even minor ones like white house tours. Instead, they're convinced that the problem is the security allowed for two little girls to take a spring break. It's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 03:15 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Maybe we should just skip the whole income tax thing, and the Obama's should just turn all of their salary, investments and income over to the poor. I'm sure you'll do the same. It sounds like you're suggesting that we all should. That's what you're proposing, right? That none of us get to keep any of our money and that it should all be redistributed? That if we can afford it, we can't take a vacation or let our kids go on a trip, because of the poor? You sound like a communist to me.

The Obama's, like every other president, pays for their children's personal lodging, airfare, and expenses--what it would cost for their child to take a trip if they weren't president. Security for the president and his family, and PAST presidents, are part of the cost of doing business. If they were kidnapped it would cause an international crisis. We pay for their security to avoid that type of problem. That's not their fault, and I'm sure they hate every minute of having a secret service detail.
I don't disagree.

But this president is telling us all to sacrifice, he is making sequestration cuts of the must destructive nature possible, and yet he, his family, and even Biden spend our borrowed tax dollars like we are in a booming economy, with full employment and annual budget surpluses.

In the last three months members of his family have been to Hawaii, Aspen, West Palm Beach, and now the Bahamas, and Biden ran up about $1.3 million living it up in France and the UK.

In normal times, this would just be viewed as a bit excessive, but during the "worst economy since the Great depression," with a fifty year high in US poverty, where Obama adds $6.5 trillion to the national debt and tells us me must have "skin in the game" and "engage in a shared sacrifice" this flaunting expense to the taxpayers is down right disgusting and an abusive of the taxpayer's generosity.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:37 PM

545 posts, read 400,305 times
Quote:
No--as I said earlier--he just spent like there was no tomorrow and bankrupted the country. Do you think the Obama's don't pay taxes? Do you think they aren't willing to pay more in taxes? That was his proposal--raising the top marginal tax rate and cutting loopholes. I'd say that's paying your fair share. Here's where I laugh--we really do need to make serious cuts in the budget, and we need to balance it with increasing revenues. Instead, all I hear out of the teavangelicals is that they're dead set against raising revenues, and they seem to be opposed to every real cut in spending that's proposed, like cleaning up military costs, or even minor ones like white house tours. Instead, they're convinced that the problem is the security allowed for two little girls to take a spring break. It's ridiculous.
You keep on going on about how much Bush has spent. As if you are unaware that Obama spent more in less time. And raising revenue is code for increased taxes. Why the hell is every solution to every problem with you people is more taxes?. The govt screws up and its us who got to pay?. And if you think raising taxes is going to increase revenue, how naive is that? And you can find all kinds of wealthy people who are just screaming to pay more in taxes, doesn't mean they will :

Patriotic Millionaires Higher Taxes Treasury Department Donation The Daily Caller:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh9dfaSOn5o

And yeah, while the defense spending can stand to be optimized, at least that is constitutional mandated. Can't say the same for more then half the other stuff the govt does. How about welfare/entitlement spending which now accounts for the largest federal spending? :

Welfare Spending Now Largest Budget Item

]http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/U.S.%20Spending%20On%20Federal%20Welfare%20Now%20E xceeds%20$1%20Trillion.preview.jpg

Defense spending isn't even the largest item and yet all liberals can do is whine about that when that is the only constitutionally mandated thing on there.

You people keep going on about spending cuts, (as long as it doesn't touch the welfare state) and raising taxes (as long as it's on the other guy). Unless proven otherwise, you're just full of ****.

And its more then the white house tours. It's the Obamas telling us that we have to make sacrifices, like the aforementioned White House tours while they continue to live it up.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2013 at 06:29 PM..

Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
He or she linked to a article that was dated in 2009. I was responding to that. But thanks for that post, even if it was useless.
Useless? What documentation do you want and what do you need a link for? Did the Bush girls take a trip to Argentina? Yes? The story was from 2006, but the top of my article was dated 2009--it doesn't change the details. Did we go to war in Iraq without WMD's? Yes. Did we pull out of Afghanistan before we'd done our job there, and leave the next administration to figure out how to close things up? Yes. I don't think you need a link for freaking common knowledge.

At some point, you realize people are arguing just to be a troll. That's what the ignore list is for. Buh bye!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:04 PM

545 posts, read 400,305 times
Quote:
Useless? What documentation do you want and what do you need a link for? Did the Bush girls take a trip to Argentina? Yes? The story was from 2006, but the top of my article was dated 2009--it doesn't change the details. Did we go to war in Iraq without WMD's? Yes. Did we pull out of Afghanistan before we'd done our job there, and leave the next administration to figure out how to close things up? Yes. I don't think you need a link for freaking common knowledge.

At some point, you realize people are arguing just to be a troll. That's what the ignore list is for. Buh bye!

You are the one who quoted and engaged me first and off the bat said I had a "distorted view". You are the one who hurled the first insult, I asked sources for your claims of which you didn't supply and yet I am the one who is trolling you?.

Did we not go to Iraq with bipartisan support?. Do you have a source that shows the previous administration just left Afghanistan intentionally for the next one to figure out?. Because of some delusions you created in your head doesn't make it "common knowledge". Sorry.

And I have been on those forums for over 2 years with less then 500 post. There are people who have been here for several months and posted thousands of times. If you think I am just a "troll" when I spend more time reading these forums then posting, then you are even more delusional then I thought. But "ignore" me, you have to. Don't want anything or anyone challenging your fragile world view so you can continue to feel good about yourself in your little ignorant bubble.

Last edited by EricGold; 03-25-2013 at 05:14 PM..

Old 03-25-2013, 05:03 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times
Just quit your crying and let the poor people in the White House take their vacations. You couldn't afford to go there anyways. And you probably didn't work hard as they did. Your ugly, greedy, racist bigots and just hate the obamas if you don't like them using your money for a well deserved vacation. ����

Old 03-25-2013, 05:43 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I don't disagree.

But this president is telling us all to sacrifice, he is making sequestration cuts of the must destructive nature possible, and yet he, his family, and even Biden spend our borrowed tax dollars like we are in a booming economy, with full employment and annual budget surpluses.

In the last three months members of his family have been to Hawaii, Aspen, West Palm Beach, and now the Bahamas, and Biden ran up about $1.3 million living it up in France and the UK.

In normal times, this would just be viewed as a bit excessive, but during the "worst economy since the Great depression," with a fifty year high in US poverty, where Obama adds $6.5 trillion to the national debt and tells us me must have "skin in the game" and "engage in a shared sacrifice" this flaunting expense to the taxpayers is down right disgusting and an abusive of the taxpayer's generosity.
I agree. The actual cost of all these "vacations" is immaterial. It's the principle of the damned thing. Here is the leader of America crying about "giving more" while he takes his cut and insults the very people that elected him.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Through post #90:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
When the WH is shut down because we have NO MONEY, it's more than disgusting to spend money WE DON'T HAVE on security for your daughters to go on spring break. Why couldn't they stay home?
Aren't the Obamas spending their own money on their daughters' travel? Wouldn't they get SS protection and if the took a spring break trip to the Smithsonian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
It's not a BIG WHOOP if it's on the tax payer dime and this clown is talking about closing 149 air traffic control towers!!
That's a big IF pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Exactly. I'm sure all those trips to Poodunk (Crawford, TX) were real expensive.
Actually, they were. There are plenty of links already posted about this. Do a search.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:25 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
You think that is bad?....I have talked to Obama Voters who had their work hours cut in half due to Obamacare. How do they know it was because of Obamacare? Because management told them so. I even talked to the managers and they said yeah, everyone is going to be reduced to part-time because of Obamacare.
anyone who is cutting hours because of "Obamacare", now, are talking out of their rectal orifices. Most of the mandates don't kick in till 2014 and 2015 which for most businesses should be ENOUGH time to get into shape.

They are simply using The Affordable Care Act as a scape goat.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
If we are paying for it, we have every right to complain. Why doesn't the friggin Obamas pay for it? They have the money
simple: you're not paying for it. Like how you don't pay the police, or the city workers, or anyone else in government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies