Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The people back then probably didn't know what a homosexual was.
You mean back when the Bible was written in it's current form and most certainly hasn't been changed, altered or modified in anyway at all because it's the True Word of God and infallible? The same Bible that says in the OLD Testament, written a few thousand years before this incident, that homosexuality is a sin?

Last edited by hamellr; 03-26-2013 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: Edited for punctuation!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Here is another prison related issue that is an unbelievable injustice. We have spent enough time on Mary's prison issue.

A STRAIGHT violent convict upon release from prison has the legal right to marry in any state. Keep in mind this person had not paid taxes while there or been a productive member of society and did something very harmful to be put there.

A GAY law abiding person that is a productive member of society and pays taxes is not allowed to marry in 41 of our states.

What type of moral message does that send? None! It sends a terribly immoral message and rewards a person who has been a net detriment to society and done great harm while penalizing a tax paying person that is an asset to society.

Am I the only person that thinks this is essentially one of the worst messages we can be sending? To Mary and the other anti-gay marriage people: please provide a justification for this reprehensible situation.

Why are you OK with a straight, violent ex con marrying, but not OK with a gay productive, tax paying member of society marrying?!

The pro gay marriage people have the MORAL high ground on this issue and this proves it.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Well, I would like to personally thank them for us having at least a billion or so fewer people on the planet. Next time you are in heavy traffic due to all the drivers, you can really only blame us straight people for that congestion! No one ever thinks about those benefits of having a percentage of gay people in our society.

There is no shortage of pediatricians in most places because gays do not produce more babies allowing us to keep up with demand more easily. If everyone was straight, there is no question there would be a shortage and we might have a child health care crisis in this country that makes the current stats seem great by comparison. Rarely do grocery stores have problems with providing enough supply of baby foods. Rarely does Toys R US or other toy/game stores for babies and youngsters have shortages for the same reason. This lack of natural reproductive function due to their same sex desire has some major benefits to our lifestyle and well being and it is time we appreciated that. They are not adding to a crowded world.
This is such a long response. You could have just said that you agree and I would have believed you.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't really care if they get married or not, but I'm getting kinda tried of all the whining too. Let's legalize gay marriage, but NOT legalize gay divorce. That'll show them.
If straight divorces were suddenly declared illegal, there would be riots that only a fully staffed National Guard could bring under control and it would still not be easy. That is a fact.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is such a long response. You could have just said that you agree and I would have believed you.
I guess you don't read books then either. It is a bit long I will admit, but not too onerous for most people. I just think we often overlook some of the benefits of having a certain percentage of the population being gay.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
The "books" comment was a bit sarcastic...sorry about that. The rest of my earlier post I stand by. We can agree to disagree.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't really care if they get married or not, but I'm getting kinda tried of all the whining too. Let's legalize gay marriage, but NOT legalize gay divorce. That'll show them.
If you think a Straight marriage break-up is a messy affair, wait 'til you see the shows the married Gay people will put on when they divorce!

"So you're telling me, after 2 years, you were just pretending all along to be Gay! You were after my money! And, the good-looking stud that you are, don't think your good looks are going to take my penthouse condo or BMW away from me!"

"Someone once told me, with my good looks, I should latch on to some older wealthy Gay man for a couple years and, afterwards, ride away off into the sunset with my old girlfriend (he was seeing her on the sly all thru the 2 years together!) with the divorce proceeds!"

Divorce is still illegal in the Philippines! Good idea after Gay marriage is nationalized! What better punishment!!!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
The "books" comment was a bit sarcastic...sorry about that. The rest of my earlier post I stand by. We can agree to disagree.
Wait, so you disagree with my post? Your response isn't really clear.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I don't get why Christians repeatedly bring up the bible in arguments. The Christian bible is only relevant to Christians. Its bears no relevance to non-Christians.

Do some Christians not get this? I mean if a member of a whole other religion pointed to their bible and used that as an argument for or against something, a Christian would laugh cause it obviously would not apply. Right? I mean, if I tried to condemn you for sinning against an abomination written in the bible of Crabcake-ism, would that apply? What if I had over 1 million followers? Still laughable, right?

So yeah, I get why gay marriage is wrong to Christians but Christianity does not apply to everyone else.

I realize your religious leaders tell you that but it aint so!
This is why

death

Not on the topic of gay marriage, but if everyone doesn't believe their fairy tale then their mortality is more easily recognized.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Wait, so you disagree with my post? Your response isn't really clear.
Yes, I did disagree when you said gay relationships were wrong. I committed the cardinal sin of a long post. No one else does that, right? Ha!

Then I stated some of the benefits that we have from having a certain percentage of our population being gay. The population and congestion on the planet would be at an absolute crisis level if everyone was straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies