Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 12:04 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Oh boo freakin' hoo! Crammed down your throat? Then don't read the articles or watch the news about it Gay marriage will eventually be legal in all states and federally. Then you won't have to hear about it any more.
"Eventually" is a pretty imprecise word. Unless the Supreme Court rules that states must allow ssm, the 'eventually' will be many years before ssm is recognized in all states.

I go weeks or months without gay issues on my mind unless I open a thread here or watch Modern Family.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:17 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,485 times
why does it bother you so much to have gay people around you?

Old 03-30-2013, 01:34 PM

334 posts, read 450,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I don't believe the polls. If close to 60% of Americans supported homosexual marriage then why do so many states have constitutional amendments defining marriage between a man and a woman? Amendments passed by overwhelming public support not all that long ago. Did these people have a sudden change of heart? Did they die?

It is because people come from the "if you don't live like I think you should you are going to hell" states and make the naive believe it will lead to people marrying animals, their sibling, or a car, the younger generation and those that can think for themselves is more accepting of alternative lifestyles and knows better.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:37 PM

334 posts, read 450,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
why does it bother you so much to have gay people around you?
Didn't you know it is communicable like a cold ?

Old 03-30-2013, 03:38 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812
This discussion has absolutely nothing to do with the 14th amendment, the equal protection clause does not apply to gay marriage.
Of course it does, equal protection under the law is the essence of the gay marriage issue and the essence of the 14th Amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
If one can deny gay people rights, solely based upon their sexual orientation, without a rational basis, -- rights granted others of a different orientation, that's a clear violation of the 14th Amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED
I'm sick of the twisting of the Bible to make it appear that there is absolutely nothing wrong with gay marriage. The Bible couldn't be more plain on the topic. Verses like Romans 1:26-27 clearly show that God does not approve of the act, and certainly won't approve of gay marriage.
The Bible has no relevance in matters of law. That means that the courts cannot base their decisions on biblical beliefs.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:12 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Where is the gay agenda posted? I've heard that phrase, but I'm not sure what is included on the agenda.

Some light reading for you...

LiveLeak.com - Homosexual Agenda Psy-ops Playbook "After the Ball..." Exposed Part 1 (comments)
Unmasking the "gay" agenda
Homosexual Agenda - Conservapedia

There are so many more... It isn't difficult to learn the truth if you really want to.

If you don't like reading, you could always search YouTube:

Homosexual Agenda Indoctrination Of Kids? - YouTube

Its Elementary - Talking About Gay Issues In Schools - YouTube

Inside the Homosexual Agenda - YouTube

Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 AM

225 posts, read 344,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I don't believe the polls. If close to 60% of Americans supported homosexual marriage then why do so many states have constitutional amendments defining marriage between a man and a woman? Amendments passed by overwhelming public support not all that long ago. Did these people have a sudden change of heart? Did they die?
We don't all read the same bible, nor do we interpret it the same. My G-d is an accepting and loving one; I find it hard to believe that the Christian G-d is so judgemental and foreboding. The act of following the Bible and not questioning what's in it is ludicrous to me.

Separation of church and state means I don't have to listen to you whine or complain about it. If you don't agree with gay marriage, don't marry a gay person.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:37 AM

225 posts, read 344,576 times
Does anyone realize that the sin of Sodom had nothing to do with sex?

Old 03-31-2013, 01:51 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The whole idea that the Judeo-Christian "heritage" is the law of the land is what's perverse in this. Religions are not the law of our country, though political evangelical churches have been chomping at the bit to make it that.
please tell me which state had laws allowing same sex "marriage" when the constitution was written?

Old 03-31-2013, 01:53 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp-D-Derp View Post
Does anyone realize that the sin of Sodom had nothing to do with sex?
they had many sins including homosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies