Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James202 View Post
Wow. Just because 'we' dont like it means its not a good fit? When taxes were first proposed Americans didnt like it, but we sure as hell like driving on highways and having police on the streets. If you havent noticed, the average American isnt very intelligent. Many times 'we' dont know whats best for ourselves.
So you think a plan which increases taxes, and causes less people to have insurance, is a good fit?

Yeah, ok, if you're that dumb!!!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM

85 posts, read 368,688 times
By saying that the president has only done negative or positive things make you one sided. Look at your post, all negative comments.

He's the worst in nearly a century.
Not going to even reply to this one

He doesn't get points for "trying" when that is compared to blatant lies, financial mismanagement, corporate
cronyism, and unconstitutional usurpation of power.
Who is comparing trying to lies? This doesnt make much sense... We currently have a broken healtcare system, we are the richest most powerful country in the world and millions of folks cannot get basic healthcare.

So what? His attempt at fixing the system is unconstitutional, includes no tort reform, was passed using reconciliation, etc.
I didnt follow the passage very carefully, so I dont have much to say here. Once again let me state that Im not a big proponent of his healthcare bill, all I know is our current system is horrible, so something needs to be done....NOW.

No. You don't automatically get credit for something that happens during your administration. It doesn't make you a good president if something happened that would have happened no matter what.
I'd be willing to be that if America's financial system fell apart Obama would be blamed... So why shouldnt he get credit for America turning around under his watch?

There is zero reason to tax more.

ummmm how about because taxes were lower then they have been in a very long time and we are ridden in debt. Like I said we need to find a common ground, you obviously dont understand.

[/quote]

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 AM

85 posts, read 368,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you think a plan which increases taxes, and causes less people to have insurance, is a good fit?

Yeah, ok, if you're that dumb!!!
If you honestly got that out of what I wrote, I truly feel sorry for you. Our public schools have apparently failed us once again.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,058,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
invalidated Don't ask and don't tell, and appointed Justices Sotomayor and Kagan to the Supreme Court.
You call soccer a sport for women and then say the above?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM

491 posts, read 372,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
You call soccer a sport for women and then say the above?
Yes.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,170,592 times
Quote:
He has passed universal health care, invalidated Don't ask and don't tell, and appointed Justices Sotomayor and Kagan to the Supreme Court.

Quite an accomplishment.

Why do some people dislike him?

he is an idiot and I put him on the same level as GW. general welfare does not mean having UHC for everyone.

when health care is free for everyone, people will find out how free it really isnt.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,542,635 times
I heard Kenya is producing another replacement for him. They just completed shooting hoops, golfing, cigarette smoking, changing names, obtaing a false SS#, and "doing blow" phase. Right now, they are programing the Muslim faith, lying sack of crap and using tax dollars to start up solar panel companies that fail quickly module. They are also looking for a mate that likes fried foods and taking vacations!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
This is true of almost all presidents. There are very few in recent years who have not expanded the public debt.
Equivocation is not a valid argument.

I think i'd drop the "mensa" screen name for something more accurate.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,198,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
President Barack Obama campaigned on promises to end secret prisons, decriminalize marijuana, balance the budget, honor the Second Amendment and make health care affordable. But what really unfolded was an explosion in the national debt (now $16 trillion and climbing), the signing of the NDAA, a claimed new power to kill any American at any time, even on U.S. soil, the use of military drones to murder American children overseas, a full-on assault against the Bill of Rights, a doubling of health insurance rates and the destruction of the U.S. economy.
But that’s not all.
Now Obama has signed the “Monsanto Protection Act” into law, stabbing America in the heart yet again and proving that no matter how convincing politicians appear on the campaign trail, they are still sociopathic liars in the end.
Prison Planet.com » Obama betrays America yet again by signing the ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ into law
The "President and our Congress" are powerless...they are bought, run and paid for by big corporations...they are the ones running the show folks and the only thing they care about is making money and ruling the world. If you think that isn't true, you are living in Delusionalland. Just saying...

Old 03-28-2013, 02:58 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,573,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
President Barack Obama campaigned on promises to end secret prisons, decriminalize marijuana, balance the budget, honor the Second Amendment and make health care affordable. But what really unfolded was an explosion in the national debt (now $16 trillion and climbing), the signing of the NDAA, a claimed new power to kill any American at any time, even on U.S. soil, the use of military drones to murder American children overseas, a full-on assault against the Bill of Rights, a doubling of health insurance rates and the destruction of the U.S. economy.
But that’s not all.
Now Obama has signed the “Monsanto Protection Act” into law, stabbing America in the heart yet again and proving that no matter how convincing politicians appear on the campaign trail, they are still sociopathic liars in the end.
Prison Planet.com » Obama betrays America yet again by signing the ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ into law
This right here is enough to make him the worst President ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.