Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Isn't amazing? The parallels of blind obedience mirror that not seen since Nazi Germany. The left would be apoplectic if such measures, as instituted by Obama, happened in a republican administration.

I wonder why Homeland Security, the Obama admin, and the TSA will not answer any questions about their ammo stockpiles and their armor acquisition? What the hell are they hiding? Is this no longer America, where our politicians are supposed to be accountable to the public?
Well when the director of the FBI couldn't answer a congressor when the asked him if US citizens should be targeted for death on US soil you know something isn't right. One can dismiss one thing here and there but you add them all up and it smells like sheet. Got choppers fling over Miami doing training strafing runs, drones with apparenlty authorit to kill, DHS and their ammo and armour etc. I don't think the left will raise a wimper until their door is being bashed in by the jackboot thugs and they will just dial 911 not even realizing that the 911 boys are the ones doing the bashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, you believe the DHS has 2700 vehicles? Or are you some stinkin' liberal?

I didn't realize I had to buy into every crackpot alex jones conspiracy or be labeled and obama lover.

Get a grip.
Why are you fixated on the number 2700 when there is more than enough evidence out there to suggest that the USG is preparing for something that doesn't involve a foreign war. I believe it is you that needs to release yourself from the "grip' of naivete.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Many of the armored vehicles, recently purchased by homeland security, were videotaped on the move in Arizona.

» Video: Hundreds Of DHS Armored Trucks On The Move? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Again, libs- Why does Homeland Security need armored vehicles?
Another view - Flagstaff area

Military armored vehicles on train Flagstaff AZ - YouTube

Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times
I do not know if this an innocent moving of military vehicles or if something sinister is afoot.

I do know that if "they" show up to take me away, I am not going.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why are you fixated on the number 2700 when there is more than enough evidence out there to suggest that the USG is preparing for something that doesn't involve a foreign war. I believe it is you that needs to release yourself from the "grip' of naivete.
Where did that number of 2700 come from? The linked article in the OP that is where.

There is zero evidence that the DHS has acquired 2700 MRAPs.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
ICE has them. There are 15 ICE SSI Rapid Response Teams that have MRAPS.

TOP STORY: HSI Rapid Response Team saves 14 stranded by Hurricane Isaac

Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Where did that number of 2700 come from? The linked article in the OP that is where.

There is zero evidence that the DHS has acquired 2700 MRAPs.
They've been using them for "years" according to this...........unless the official spokesman is a liar like Obama.

The Department of Homeland Security is using 16 military-style, mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles for use during "high-risk warrants," according to an official spokesman. The MRAP, as it's known in the U.S. military, was fielded in 2007 to counter the threat of devastating roadside bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The MRAPs were transferred to DHS from the Department of Defense, free of charge. But despite recent reports, they have actually been in service since at least 2008.
"The MRAPs we have are not new," Ross Feinstein, a spokesman for DHS, told Business Insider. "We have been using them for years."

Read more: Homeland Security Serving Warrants MRAP - Business Insider

Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
What's the point of using 30,000 drones for air surveillance if you don't have armored vehicles for the assault on the ground ?

Seems they compliment each other.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ICE has them. There are 15 ICE SSI Rapid Response Teams that have MRAPS.

TOP STORY: HSI Rapid Response Team saves 14 stranded by Hurricane Isaac
Homeland Security Today: Search Single Display[tt_news]=29835

“ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) currently utilizes 16 mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles nationwide in the course of criminal investigations. These MRAPs, obtained in 2008, are used by HSI special agents under hazardous conditions, such as the execution of criminal search or arrest warrants for known drug trafficking organizations,” ICE spokesperson, Ross Feinstein, told Homeland Security Today.

“Additionally,” Feinstein said, “US Customs and Border Protection utilizes 16 MRAPs in border operations.”

All 32 MRAPs “operated by HSI and CBP were provided free of charge from the Department of Defense” in 2008, Feinstein said.

32 MRAPs is a far cry from 2700.

There is zero evidence that DHS has acquired 2700 MRAPs.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's the point of using 30,000 drones for air surveillance if you don't have armored vehicles for the assault on the ground ?

Seems they compliment each other.
Gotta have boots on the ground. Especially after everybody registers their guns so the government knows where to go get em from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies