Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,247,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
How do you figure?
they were tugging on the sea lion; thereby causing more harm by trying to pull the animal from the dog.

Quote:
If the Gifford's hadn't brought their assault weapon on the beach with them the sea lion would have never been attacked.
thousands of dogs are walked on beaches every day. The last time I looked, a dog was not an assault weapon.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,610,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, I'll accept responsibility if my dog breaks my neighbors lawn fixtures or poops in their yard, or breaks their window.

This was a wild animal that was attacked. so tell me, WHAT property was damaged?

Again, if my cat killed a bird in a tree that is on the sidewalk outside of my home (and doesn't belong to me), whose property was harmed?

considering that no property was harmed, I don't know what you are trying to argue.

Unless you think wild animals are property of someone.

Tell me, who did that wild sea lion belong to.
What is it about the two simple words "LEASH LAW" that's so hard for you to comprehend?

Jeez O Pete!

Clue: It could have been someone else's dog. It might have been your child.

Leash laws apply to everyone, even blabby gabby, her idiotic husband, and kid from God knows what marriage!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You know that is part of the natural ecosystem. This baby might have been eaten by a shark or it might have survived to adulthood and even it's entire lifespan if it were not for the idiot failing to hold on to her own dog, which is her property and responsibility.
Again so what? it was a wild animal. The dog attacked a wild animal.

Again, I ask why is that DIFFERENT than say my cat, climbing a tree on the sidewalk, and killing a bird?

Am I going to put down my cat because it killed a wild bird?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What is it about the two simple words "LEASH LAW" that's so hard for you to comprehend?
the dog was on a leash. It broke the leash.
It happens.

I had my Pomeranian break a leash, even though it was a leash meant for 20lb dogs. why? she got excited over seeing a cat (she hated cats)

Old 03-26-2013, 12:36 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,610,086 times
Quote:

Again, I ask why is that DIFFERENT than say my cat, climbing a tree on the sidewalk, and killing a bird?

Guess I was correct in my assumption. The concept of a leash is far too difficult for small brains.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM

50,063 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Ok, then her daughter's dog. I don't really care whose dog it was. Whoever was responsible for it at that moment is an idiot.

Edit: Not sure why I bothered responding to this, because I clearly wrote "the handler". Is her daughter not part of the Gifford family anyway?

So the owner of that dog violated the federal law protecting Sea Lions,violated the MLPA State law on no take in a preserve, violated the City ordnance about no dogs on the beach and no charges? Must be good to be the king.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Guess I was correct in my assumption.
Of course you were. You didn't read the story. The dog was on a leash

Quote:
The concept of a leash is far too difficult for small brains.

News: The dog was on a leash.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,732,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I'm not a conservative, why would I do them favors?

I'm not desperate at all, I'm just highlighting hypocritical, high-profile media whores that claim to be for public safety (regardless of the constitution) yet when they interact with society they fail to practice what they preach.

The correlation is

ban guns to save lives (stupid/irrational)
ban dogs to save sea lion (stupid/irrational)

Giffords are OK with dogs that destroy life and property on accident or purposely, but are not Ok with guns that do the same.

I thirst for more of your tears, please keep them coming.
Oh, please.

The Giffords aren't OKAY with their dog killing the seal. It happened. They didn't want it to happen. They tried to stop it from happening. But the dog is a living creature, with instincts and a will of its own. We try to control our dogs because of this, but sometimes we fail.

A gun is not a living creature, it doesn't have a will of its own. A gun is completely subject to the will of the person holding it.

And isn't the seal in the process of being taken off the endangered species list?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 PM

19,390 posts, read 12,033,778 times
Quote:

No but I might.

No one said put the dog down for attacking the sea lion. Domestic pets should not be hunting wild animals. Domestic pets running wild are hazardouos to the natural ecosystem. Domestic pets caused the feral cat crisis in Australia which threatens native species of birds. You don't care about wildlife obviously but people who do care about such things should be concerned. Some towns have ordinances against free roaming cats due to their destruction. People need to contain and control their pets or pay the price.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,373,465 times
Why do bad things happen to people who are always doing the right thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies