Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 02:48 PM

991 posts, read 1,109,700 times

Advertisements

Who gives a flying F**K what language he speaks? This border, language, culture crap is so obnoxious. If I can communicate by smoke signals effectively enough to get my s**t done, so be it. People who complain about this have never actually spent time in ethnic enclaves...my SO was born in Laos and most of her family are US citizens now who don't speak much english at all. They are still able to live their lives.

The language of this nation is: if you can get by, get by. America is the land of freedom, jack...you're free to live your life how you want to and speak whatever language you want.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:54 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
Who gives a flying F**K what language he speaks? This border, language, culture crap is so obnoxious. If I can communicate by smoke signals effectively enough to get my s**t done, so be it. People who complain about this have never actually spent time in ethnic enclaves...my SO was born in Laos and most of her family are US citizens now who don't speak much english at all. They are still able to live their lives.

The language of this nation is: if you can get by, get by. America is the land of freedom, jack...you're free to live your life how you want to and speak whatever language you want.
If you're legal and paying your taxes, yes.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:35 PM

884 posts, read 716,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, now he has time to quit his job, do some travelling and hopefully stumble into an English class.

That is classic, I can't stop laughing !!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 04:35 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
More importantly, why is it an issue?
Because some people is envious and have w lot of time in their hands ( no family no friends, just endless rants)

Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 PM

884 posts, read 716,113 times
Quote:

Yes, and break our laws getting here too, right? Land of the free? If this is the land of the free, then you and anyone else who posts on this forum will deal with others beliefs about how this country should be. If you don't like someones comments about borders, language culture, then I suggest you follow the rules you set for the rest of us in your banter in the above post.

Although, I will not let my children read your 5th grade sentence structure with the sprinkle of every foul word in it, I have to wonder if you speak like that around children much. Follow your own advise, we here can have an opinion too, if you don't like it, to bad. Land of the free, right??

Old 03-31-2013, 06:12 PM

991 posts, read 1,109,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Yes, and break our laws getting here too, right? Land of the free? If this is the land of the free, then you and anyone else who posts on this forum will deal with others beliefs about how this country should be. If you don't like someones comments about borders, language culture, then I suggest you follow the rules you set for the rest of us in your banter in the above post.

Although, I will not let my children read your 5th grade sentence structure with the sprinkle of every foul word in it, I have to wonder if you speak like that around children much. Follow your own advise, we here can have an opinion too, if you don't like it, to bad. Land of the free, right??
You can have your opinion. I just think it's ridiculous and stupid and I have the right to call it out. There is no indication that the person who won the lottery is illegal. If he is a legal immigrant, then he can speak in grunts and groans for all I care...it's his right.

And no, for the record, we don't have children and we don't want 'em.

I love people who are all about freedom (as you are) until you have to back it up...then there's too much freedom (allegedly - seeing as you don't think people should be able to speak however the f*** they want).

Old 03-31-2013, 06:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
You can have your opinion. I just think it's ridiculous and stupid and I have the right to call it out. There is no indication that the person who won the lottery is illegal. If he is a legal immigrant, then he can speak in grunts and groans for all I care...it's his right.

And no, for the record, we don't have children and we don't want 'em.

I love people who are all about freedom (as you are) until you have to back it up...then there's too much freedom (allegedly - seeing as you don't think people should be able to speak however the f*** they want).
Then why wasn't the idiot paying his child support? I suspect he was working under the table for cash or under and assumed identity or they would have garnished his wages like they do everyone -- he obviously had plenty of money somehow to play the lottery.

Just get him to pay back all the Medicaid and food stamps and Section 8 his 5 kids have cost the taxpayers and make him pay the mothers whatever child support he owes them and any future child support so he and his offspring don't cost the taxpayers another dime.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Straight face? No, I'm laughing at the post.

FactCheck.org : Does Immigration Cost Jobs?

Like I said, that is a conservative's myth, or, talking point.

Anyway, thanks for the laughs and the off topic rants, I'm out of here, because I believe this thread has outlived it's shelf life.

You'd better check a few other sources. If an illegal alien is holding a job who do you think would be holding it if he weren't? You're sorely lacking in logic, aren't you?

Sorry, I didn't get any laughs from your posts but complete and utter disgust that you care so little for the American worker and our immigration laws.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:48 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

Then they are also free to not come here and free to leave if they don't want to be a part of the country/society that THEY chose to migrate to! Talk about lazy a**es!

Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You'd better check a few other sources. If an illegal alien is holding a job who do you think would be holding it if he weren't? You're sorely lacking in logic, aren't you?...
Another illegal alien?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies