Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,435,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What made Martin a threat? His skin color?
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM

15,499 posts, read 10,444,305 times
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Robert is as stupid as George.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Absolutely.

Well at least you're honest about being racist. It's obvious from the birther threads that you feel the same way about the POTUS. It must drive you absolutely nuts that there is nothing you can do about it. LOL

Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,027,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
George Zimmerman's brother tweets picture comparing Trayvon Martin to teen accused of shooting baby and warns about the 'dangers of black teens'
It's the old "look alike" gambit. This reminds me of my days back when I played tennis, or rather tried to play tennis. Anyway, I spent a pretty good chunk of change on a racket. A day or so later a friend of mine and I met to play. Coincidentally he had also just purchased a new racket and it looked a whole lot like mine. As I recall, the strings were even the same color. The thing was; he spent a fraction of what I spent. In fact, when I told him what I spent he hooted with laughter. He held up his racket next to mine and with a chuckle proclaimed that I had been chumped.

Well, we stepped out onto the court to play and after warming up with a couple of easy swings, we decided to play a couple of sets. I served first and my friend was all set to send a hard return right back down the sideline. He took a big swing and hit the ball right in the sweet spot of his racket. Well, the racket collapsed like a cheap lawn chair in a hurricane, and two seconds later his racket was holding the ball in loose strings like a lake trout in a fisherman's net. Point is; the only thing you can judge by looks is a beauty contest, and even that is subjective.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,007,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Discussing who controlled the narrative from the beginning would take us off-topic, but I have to say to the opinion that it was the Zimmermans.

You don't think that Zimmerman called his parents the night he shot Trayvon Martin? Considering the legal background that they have, I'd think him a fool if he didn't. Just sayin'.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:45 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,007,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Well at least you're honest about being racist. It's obvious from the birther threads that you feel the same way about the POTUS. It must drive you absolutely nuts that there is nothing you can do about it. LOL

This^^^^^^. How sweeeet it is!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,716,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Discussing who controlled the narrative from the beginning would take us off-topic, but I have to say to the opinion that it was the Zimmermans.
I know, that was pretty darn funny considering Trayvon's family hired a PR person to produce the whole narrative. And the Martin's family atty has now been caught lying under oath, as well as the star witness he found.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,832,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I know, that was pretty darn funny considering Trayvon's family hired a PR person to produce the whole narrative. And the Martin's family atty has now been caught lying under oath, as well as the star witness he found.
A thug, a thug's family and a thug attorney. Don't expect any truth to come from the Trayvon side of the case.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,136,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Good post.
If black teens want respect, they need to pull up their saggy pants, stop glorifying music that talks about cop killings and b*tches, etc. Pretty simple. You want respect from civilized society, then act like a part of civilized society. The whole thug lifestyle should be totally unacceptable in society.
Thats like saying if whites want respect they should stop molesting little kids.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,381,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If George Zimmerman isn't a racist, he may be the exception in his family. His brother is basically trying to justify profiling black males because of the actions of a few. The people in this thread applauding this should be ashamed of theirselves. If I see a white male near a school, should I follow him with a loaded gun? He could be "up to no good" and if he has a problem with it, I would be justified in killing him...smh. How many teenagers have flipped the bird? I am guilty of it. I did it multiple times by the age of seventeen, I guess that makes me a thug. Smh.
It is not a few. Your attempts to minimize the black youth criminality is troubling. When compared to other teens Blacks are multiple times more likely to commit a violent crime. Why do you thinks folks should simply ignore these facts? Why should people not take precautions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies