Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
True however whites taught to be racist are far fewer by percentage than other races...blacks and other races tend to teach racism at the community level still....and that tends to be a major problem.

Hmmm, lets replace the word "teach" with "experience"

Old 04-07-2013, 05:33 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
Yeah because only whites enslaved people and only blacks were ever enslaved. Africans sold their own countrymen out to Jewish slave traders during the slave trade, did so before our arrival, and still are. From the Middle East and Israel to China to Europe to Africa to the Americas. Slavery is nothing unique to black people and compared to the other races around the world I think European people have been quite generous and filled with sympathy and empathy. I'm sick of only white people being served guilt trips in the world.

I don't feel an ounce of guilt. Not even a quarter of an ounce. We've all had ancestors who were slaves. Get over it, educate yourself, quit whining, and move on.
A) your post has nothing to do with my post
B) is nonsense
C)I didn't once mention white people were the only ones with slaves (or whites at all)
D) Jewish people from Europe are Europeans. If you think there wasn't a single indigenous European among the Dutch Jews who were part of the slave trade you are as ridiculous as your post

Old 04-07-2013, 05:39 PM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations

they took the aboriginal children, but they also encouraged breeding them out. the idea was to have white males breed with abo women. then the female offspring would only be allowed to breed with white males. etc. it's obviously not as effective as turning white skin black, but, just like with people of African descent, when you get down to the 1/4 or 1/8 level you essentially have a white person. I first learned of this from the movie Rabbit Proof Fence.

Segregation was not beneficial to black America as a whole. We have far more wealth now than we did then. Integration did kill a lot of black businesses, but of course that was primarily economic as white owned businesses had more suppliers and better networks. Blacks could go to white owned businesses and pay less for the same products. This is why the natural hair industry excites me because it is a very black industry from one end to the other.
In regards to the genetics how many generations wold it take a fully black person to become white on phenotype and genotype? Much more than 1, 2 and even 3 generations, they will still have a curl pattern and may retain more of the phenotype. And they may have happened with the aboriginals of Australia but for many of the other African populations throught the world, and this includes the natives of America, genocie was the weapon of choice.

When wrong when comes to segregation however, S. American countries, France, some parts of Britain were eager to do business with segrgated black America. If intergration was better than segregation than tell me how many taxi cab companies, bus companies, shoe stores and telecommunication companies black america owns today.And I dont mean to come off as argumentive cause I'm not I would just like for you to answer that, if what you saying is true. Also how many times does the currency circulate through our community before it leaves, we own nothing as a people in America and it's not by mistake either.

Whites had lower prices for more because they were in charge of the import and export of goods into the country and you cited the hair care industry when the Asians without a doubt hold that market but who are their biggest customers.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM

200 posts, read 274,003 times
Quote:
A) your post has nothing to do with my post
B) is nonsense
C)I didn't once mention white people were the only ones with slaves (or whites at all)
D) Jewish people from Europe are Europeans. If you think there wasn't a single indigenous European among the Dutch Jews who were part of the slave trade you are as ridiculous as your post
Most people didn't convert back then therefore it's safe to say they are Jewish by ethnicity, Ashkenazis, and the reason some of them appear European is because they are mixed. They are not ethnically "European" and they don't genetically cluster with Europeans.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3131 View Post
In the old days it was never because of color it was always because of knowledge of self ok. Speaking as a black man I hate to say it but black people have no knowledge of their own history. No pun intended but I like to call them deaf dumb and blind.
Ok..... european civilization as we know it, was built by "Moors" black people,africans, negro, ni****what ever makes you feel good saying. When the "Moors" came to europe they saw kings, queens and regular folk sharing living quarters with their animals, Cows,pigs,dogs,goats etc. the Moors showed europeans how to bathe they brought science, anatomy, language,math, medicine,architecture. In other words they gave europeans the tools to build future nations and look and smell good while doing it. Now if you were a european and you were trying to conquer africans and colonize them, would you try to uplift these people knowing what they are capable of physically and mentally?, of course not. No matter how ignorant,ghetto,criminal or undeserving some blacks are, their most deadly weapon is their DNA, it's largely undefeated and all powerfull. The demographics and socioeconomics in America is quickly changing and it's not getting any whiter. That's why europeans discriminate against blacks. Thank Me Later.
EXACTLY!! Sad but true we have start teaching our children history and culture if we are to regain any sort of power.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
Yeah because only whites enslaved people and only blacks were ever enslaved. Africans sold their own countrymen out to Jewish slave traders during the slave trade, did so before our arrival, and still are. From the Middle East and Israel to China to Europe to Africa to the Americas. Slavery is nothing unique to black people and compared to the other races around the world I think European people have been quite generous and filled with sympathy and empathy. I'm sick of only white people being served guilt trips in the world.

I don't feel an ounce of guilt. Not even a quarter of an ounce. We've all had ancestors who were slaves. Get over it, educate yourself, quit whining, and move on. In fact, the black people who say we should give them reparations... reparations are your life because without slavery your parents wouldn't have met and you wouldn't be alive. If you did happen squeeze your way into a fetus it would've been in Africa and you'd be starving rather than spending Friday nights in your city's nightlife district having a good time.
Well the guilt trips come from your guilty conscious, embrace it so whites as a people can grow. Africans or what you call blacks were the only ones to experience chattel slavery and has suffered a genocide unlike any other, all because of white supremacy.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think it is because black people in this country are responsible for more crime, are the majority in prisons, are poorer than other races etc. These factors does not help. I mean, Indians for example. Whenever I see a person from India I always think of them as pretty well to do, hard working, successful.
Obviously the blacks who are responsible for crimes are not the majority of all blacks but they stick out, they make the news.

It makes it harder for the rest.

Black people in this country have a disadvantage for sure.

Apparently you are suffering from lack of information and do not pocess the require inquistive or analytical skills to discipher the limited data that you wontonly shared through you attainment of faulty propaganda regarding Black Americans in this country and how the decades of discrimination are felt today.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 PM

87 posts, read 97,172 times
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations

they took the aboriginal children, but they also encouraged breeding them out. the idea was to have white males breed with abo women. then the female offspring would only be allowed to breed with white males. etc. it's obviously not as effective as turning white skin black, but, just like with people of African descent, when you get down to the 1/4 or 1/8 level you essentially have a white person. I first learned of this from the movie Rabbit Proof Fence.

Segregation was not beneficial to black America as a whole. We have far more wealth now than we did then. Integration did kill a lot of black businesses, but of course that was primarily economic as white owned businesses had more suppliers and better networks. Blacks could go to white owned businesses and pay less for the same products. This is why the natural hair industry excites me because it is a very black industry from one end to the other.
You are wrong and most african americans who have an ounce of since will agree that segregation was the best way to live in the u.s.a for blacks then and now if you absolutely want the truth. We owned our banks,lived in our own neighborhoods,we had our own businesses, churches,schools, sports teams etc and directly responsible for our own economic growth.How is that not beneficial to all blacks as a whole?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:04 PM

200 posts, read 274,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
Well the guilt trips come from your guilty conscious, embrace it so whites as a people can grow. Africans or what you call blacks were the only ones to experience chattel slavery and has suffered a genocide unlike any other, all because of white supremacy.
lol what a bunch of bull this is. How about the 900,000 slaves in the Uzbek region? How about the German settlements in Russia being ransacked and about half of them killed and enslaved by the Kazakhs as recent as the 1800s? Black slaves in the CSA had it quite peachy compared to a lot of other people around the world.

I call them blacks as it's short and easy, African is too general as there are caucasians in north Africa and a lot of people don't seem to realize this which is why I try to avoid saying "African." Technically, black people are sub-Saharan Africans. Why is that an issue? You just called us "whites" and you don't see me taking offense.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
It goes beyond simple elementary crime statistics. I don’t indentify or seek to understand destructive and yet popular black culture. Bill Cosby has spoke volumes on this, but not much attention is paid to what he is saying vs. the baiters i.e. Sharpton and Jackson.
Hmmm, I find it interesting that you find individuals who are willing to stake their own reputations on the assumption that what the families told them regarding the fairness of a situation as being "race baiting"
Due to your own lack of intellectual honesty it never occurred to you the reasons why these gentlemen take up the causes that they do, other than to bring light the injustices that you seem to be in agreement with in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies