Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So now we are back to a past thread, one which you got very upset over.
How can you expect me not to get upset? Please, enlighten me.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How can you expect me not to get upset? Please, enlighten me.
Just the same, how can you expect me not to get upset when Obama and the left attacks people like me, please enlighten me.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
This thread is most entertaining.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You would think that Obama would want to be the best president of time but he will go down in history as the worst. Obama has used color as a crutch. Obama uses blackness for over substance. But he feels no true kinship to blackness at his core, nor does he feel a responsibility to be the best. Obama believes that just being black is his legacy, and sadly he has lowered the standard.

Obama the First :: The Black Sphere

What is he doing for you?
What exactly is "blackness?" And what is this "kinship" that so-called "blacks" are supposed to feel to it?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
You would think that Obama would want to be the best president of time but he will go down in history as the worst. Obama has used color as a crutch. Obama uses blackness for over substance. But he feels no true kinship to blackness at his core, nor does he feel a responsibility to be the best. Obama believes that just being black is his legacy, and sadly he has lowered the standard.

Obama the First :: The Black Sphere

What is he doing for you?

Do you really believe this stuff? lol

Old 06-05-2013, 12:49 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
The #1 reason African Americans are discriminated against is fear. Believe me, if you give ANY brotha an inch, they're gonna take a foot, and white folks know it. :chuckles:

Old 06-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I agree that we generally are pretty open with our worst behavior. I actually agree with a lot of what you said, but the difference in our approaches to the matter lies in our opinions on the subject. My approach is that more of us need to stop actively perpetuating the stereotypes, especially if we already choose to believe that merely being black is a strike against us. Why exacerbate that circumstance by continuing to feed the stereotypes?

P.G. is not the greatest example for us. One needs to look no further than the schools, both inside and outside the beltway, to see that, even where we have economic prosperity, we still have a lot of work to do as a community. We still need to overcome the anti-intellectual culture that pervades our younger generations, in addition to the lackadaisical parental involvement in academic affairs. Stereotyping is inherently unfair, and I don't necessarily think whimsically that "it is what it is", but I can't blame those whose perceptions are constantly validated. (In a rush, would put together a more elaborate response, but this will have to do ).
I think more Blacks should stop perpetuating the stereotype as well. My view is this. People like you and I are often judged based on the worst of our ethnicity no matter what WE do. I think our individual merits should come first. I've learned that I can't make someone behave. I can try, but I can't make someone else behave.

I tend not to have a charitable attitude towards those who would stereotype me. This is my mode of thinking. I think in terms of history. Blacks have been stereotyped, looked down on, hated, and doubted no matter what. There might be people of my ethnicity behaving badly, but I'm not, and you're not. Why should we be made to suffer for someone else's stupidity, a stupidity, I might add, that we had nothing to do with?

PG County isn't perfect. However, I was saying that it is different from Baltimore, which has alot of blight. The schools might not be that good. However, when it comes to the beltway, I was talking more about the crime.

I know about the anti-intellectual attitude existing among many in the Black community. It has also existed in the Deep South in general. Those who escape it get denigrated by those who don't.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Just the same, how can you expect me not to get upset when Obama and the left attacks people like me, please enlighten me.
It is YOU who is being attacked. Be upset with the President and any individuals who attack you. Don't take it out on individuals who haven't done anything to you.

Now that I have answered your question, I ask that you answer my question. How can you expect me not to be upset about some of the things that you have said?? I need an answer.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Ok. I've ignored this thread long enough...

Has anyone mentioned to the OP that the same folks who brought to the world the transatlantic slave trade, race based colonialism and the psuedo-science that if you are white you are right, if you are yellow you are mellow, brown you can stick around but if you are black get back throughout the world? Is it by some strange coincidence that people of color across the globe were carved up based upon the level of melanin in their skin from African to New Zealand? I think not.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ok. I've ignored this thread long enough...

Has anyone mentioned to the OP that the same folks who brought to the world the transatlantic slave trade, race based colonialism and the psuedo-science that if you are white you are right, if you are yellow you are mellow, brown you can stick around but if you are black get back throughout the world? Is it by some strange coincidence that people of color across the globe were carved up based upon the level of melanin in their skin from African to New Zealand? I think not.
I don't think anyone has. If anyone ever mentioned it, it would get ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies