Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times

Advertisements

The slave trade didn't have much traffic except for the blacks turning against other blacks to the slavers.
People of all cultures have been made slaves some forced and some voluntary.
Black people that choose to make something of them selves more often than not were accepted ,but having to fight the sterio type is an up hill battle for all of them.
Look at a policeman , we tend to thin of them as abusive charrictors , why, because that is what is observed is that abuse, and we tend to equate it to their training and the role they take looking for the bad guy.
All lawyers a liars , well it seems that way , because so many lie or twist the truth to win the case, rather than expose the truth.
Doctors seem to be more interested in band aid and issue rather than actually fixing problems because more money is to be made selling drugs .
Sterio typing is a human nature, a training we get via the people we encounter or how our parents have taught us to view them by their expirence.
If I tell you that people with freckles tend to breathe funny, you going to look for it with out even thinking.
Compartmentalizing is not fair ,but even nature tends to do the same thing, birds of a feather, flock together.
We make suggestions and warnings concerning places and brands and the decisions are made based on hear say.
A contrast,
When I was a kid asians tended to police them selves because the poor reputation of one reflected on the rest,as a result, most asians are accepted more readily than other cultures.
Black people don't tend to police their own with in their culture thus building a mutual disrespect for even one another.
Another problem is control.
Keepng a race on edge wil never let them develop very much .
Black churches that emphisize their color only reenforce this division. Hence their slow development .
Earned acceptance is far stronger than forced acceptance, but these in general have not learned that.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is YOU who is being attacked. Be upset with the President and any individuals who attack you. Don't take it out on individuals who haven't done anything to you.

Now that I have answered your question, I ask that you answer my question. How can you expect me not to be upset about some of the things that you have said?? I need an answer.
As I said, you voted for a man who attacks people like me, you even said he represents you. So how do you expect me not to be upset with the president and the people who condone Obama's actions. Oh, you can't see it? Of course you can't, you condone Obama's attacks and actions.

And I forgot, it's all about you and blacks, no one else has a right to a voice and as we are learning now, we might get a letter from the IRS

Old 06-05-2013, 03:14 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
As I said, you voted for a man who attacks people like me, you even said he represents you. So how do you expect me not to be upset with the president and the people who condone Obama's actions. Oh, you can't see it? Of course you can't, you condone Obama's attacks and actions.

And I forgot, it's all about you and blacks, no one else has a right to a voice and as we are learning now, we might get a letter from the IRS
Making assumptions about me before you even know me. You don't know who I voted for. And how does President Obama attack YOU?

Alot of people voted for Mitt Romney. He attacked me. I don't go holding it against everyone. You see, you are the one with the problem, not me.

It is obvious you are not interested in changing your views, or trying to judge people as individuals. At this point, there is nothing left to discuss with you. I just hope I never run into you in public. I hope you never run for office. I hope I never have to go to you for a job. I have nothing more to say to you.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The slave trade didn't have much traffic except for the blacks turning against other blacks to the slavers.
Slavery is one of the oldest trades known to man. All races and all civilisations have practised it: China, India, Arabs, Africa and in the Americas. All peoples have made slaves of their own and enslaved other peoples. The Muslims were perhaps the world’s biggest enslavers, an estimated 19 million people becoming the victims of Islamic slavery. Their slave trade ran for far longer than that of the Europeans. Muslims enslaved both Black African and White European alike.

Africa itself also had its own domestic and international slave trade long before the appearance of the Europeans. Africans also sold their own people amongst themselves and to others as well. Caravan routes had long linked sub-Saharan Africa with North African and indeed the wider Mediterranean and the Middle East, so Africans used this route to establish a trans-Saharan slave trade. When the White man came, there was already a large scale African slave trade in existence that was then adapted to the European market. It did not have to be created for him.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Making assumptions about me before you even know me. You don't know who I voted for. And how does President Obama attack YOU?

Alot of people voted for Mitt Romney. He attacked me. I don't go holding it against everyone. You see, you are the one with the problem, not me.

It is obvious you are not interested in changing your views, or trying to judge people as individuals. At this point, there is nothing left to discuss with you. I just hope I never run into you in public. I hope you never run for office. I hope I never have to go to you for a job. I have nothing more to say to you.
Ya sure, no, all the name calling from the left making assumptions about people was not making assumptions. the name calling was just because we disagreed with you right?

Naaah, the left went bouncing off walls when they perceived Romney statement as an insult. If there was no chance in hell you would vote for him why would he spend campaign money to talk to the 47%. It's smart business, if people already have their mind made up I wouldn't have either. On the other side, if he had, the left would have called it pandering.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Black people that choose to make something of them selves more often than not were accepted
A phenomenon covering about 40 years... meanwhile for more than 400 Europeans fostered an ideology that condemned not just people of African descent, but people of color throughout the world that the color of their skin was an inherent sign of inferiority. And the that the darker the color the more inferior the human. This was the case in British, French, Dutch, German, Italian and to a lesser degree Spanish colonies throughout the world. Whiteness being the standard for anything approaching acceptance by colonial rule became embedded into the culture and psychology of colonized people from Algeria to Zimbabwe. It didn't matter whether one was an Australian Aborigine, or an Muluccan from Indonesia.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
People of all cultures have been made slaves some forced and some voluntary.
Black people that choose to make something of them selves more often than not were accepted ,but having to fight the sterio type is an up hill battle for all of them.
Look at a policeman , we tend to thin of them as abusive charrictors , why, because that is what is observed is that abuse, and we tend to equate it to their training and the role they take looking for the bad guy.
All lawyers a liars , well it seems that way , because so many lie or twist the truth to win the case, rather than expose the truth.
Doctors seem to be more interested in band aid and issue rather than actually fixing problems because more money is to be made selling drugs .
Sterio typing is a human nature, a training we get via the people we encounter or how our parents have taught us to view them by their expirence.
If I tell you that people with freckles tend to breathe funny, you going to look for it with out even thinking.
Compartmentalizing is not fair ,but even nature tends to do the same thing, birds of a feather, flock together.
We make suggestions and warnings concerning places and brands and the decisions are made based on hear say.
A contrast,
When I was a kid asians tended to police them selves because the poor reputation of one reflected on the rest,as a result, most asians are accepted more readily than other cultures.
Black people don't tend to police their own with in their culture thus building a mutual disrespect for even one another.
Another problem is control.
Keepng a race on edge wil never let them develop very much .
Black churches that emphisize their color only reenforce this division. Hence their slow development .
Earned acceptance is far stronger than forced acceptance, but these in general have not learned that.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............. .............

Old 06-05-2013, 03:39 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A phenomenon covering about 40 years... meanwhile for more than 400 Europeans fostered an ideology that condemned not just people of African descent, but people of color throughout the world that the color of their skin was an inherent sign of inferiority. And the that the darker the color the more inferior the human. This was the case in British, French, Dutch, German, Italian and to a lesser degree Spanish colonies throughout the world. Whiteness being the standard for anything approaching acceptance by colonial rule became embedded into the culture and psychology of colonized people from Algeria to Zimbabwe. It didn't matter whether one was an Australian Aborigine, or an Muluccan from Indonesia.
Believe what you want, and continue feeling sorry for yourself. And why to a lesser degree Spanish colonies? There are cases of racism all over the world that are not necessarily correlated with colonial rule. The caste system in India was around long before the British arrived; the higher your status, based on the caste you were born into, the lighter the skin. Also, the original inhabitants of Japan, the Ainu people were more Caucasian than Asian, and driven out be the Oriental people which came ashore from the mainland. Ancient Muslims as well, correlated light skin as preference. Most rifts throughout history were based on religion.

It must be really tough when all the scientists, all the discoverers, all the pioneers, all the medical breakthroughs all came from one race, and you are not part of that race, thus not part of your legacy and history.

Last edited by 9162; 06-05-2013 at 04:01 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Slavery is one of the oldest trades known to man.
But the ideological justification was not. Only the with the establishment of the transatlantic slave trade did a systematic race based rationalization emerge. Only with the establishment of slavery in the Americas was one human being committed to generational slavery based on nothing other than the color of their skin.

That is the fact that apologist and revisionist for the enslavement of African people conveniently ignore and why the question posed by the op is patently absurd. At no time in the history of feudal and archaic slavery was a systematic, and it the 19th century, and pseudo-scientific facade erected to justify the enslavement of one human for no other reason that the color of their skin. And in only the European controlled countries (that includes the U.S.) were people denied even the most basic rights for no other reason than their race.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
...and they say, the reason for the body odor, is so blind people can hate them too.
Who says that? Wow, I never heard anyone say this in my life. You got a first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies