Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Why does something need to harm me to be wrong? A murder of a gang member by another gang member harms me in no way whatsoever.
I doubt the murdered gang member consented to be mnurdered. You are grasping at straws here.

Fat women in bikinis are wrong. People who think NASCAR is a sport are wrong. People who think Bud Light is a real beer are wrong. People who think a book of fairy tales is the word of god are wrong. That said, those in all of these groups have the freedom to have those beliefs, and display those beliefs to the world around them, without discrimimation under the law.

The point is - just because you don't agree with something does not mean it is ok to make it illegal, or to make those who have those beliefs second class citizens with fewer rights than you, just because they are different.

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
You are intolerant.
How so? I fully support your right to be a bigot, just don't expect me to lie and say you aren't one (if you are - speaking generally). What have I said or done that makes you think I'm intolerant?

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Heterosexual - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I think that if a word is in the dictionary, it is part of the English language. I could be wrong.
Normally I wouldn't pick nits like this but he/she misspelled it twice.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:22 PM

491 posts, read 373,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I often think in Spanish, since I'm bilingual - almost trilingual, in fact, since I also have a basic understanding of Hebrew. Sorry if that's too confusing for you, LOL.

Now try posting your comment again in proper ENGLISH, and maybe I will understand it a little better.
In what way did I violate English grammar rules?

Or were you thinking of Hebrew, where words are read backwards, or Spanish, where every vowel is pronounced the same?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:23 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
heterosexual is in the dictionary hetrosexual is not.
Oh boy!!! The spellcheck police found that I made a typo!!!! Has a report been submitted??

Old 03-29-2013, 02:23 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
If I was that young, I wouldn't be allowed on this forum.

You have stated your age on this thread. I am the same age.
You only have to be 13 (or is it 16?) to join, if I recall correctly - so a teenager, who might not remember news from 5 years ago, would be more than welcomed here.

If you're really my age, then you were either lying or confused... the comment was regarding UNDER 30s, and you claimed to be part of that generation. Right?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Born as what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I no more chose to be heterosexual than I chose to have brown eyes or be right-handed. I've never seen anything factual to make believe homosexuals had any choice in their own sexual orientation.
Quote:
You haven't read enough.

Reading = comprehension.
You asked "Born as what?" and I answered by telling you I didn't believe sexual orientation was a choice, i. e. you're born the way you are.

I thought even you might be capable of making that very simple connection with "Born as what?".

I obviously gave you far too much credit for having even a basic degree of comprehension and reasoning ability.

My bad

Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM

491 posts, read 373,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Just say my name if you need too. Quit all the pretending..... I am not going to run off and tattletale you to the mods. The mods will be along soon enough and delete what i said leaving me a note that I was vulgar.

It ain't me who is vulgar. It is me who is NOT PC..... It IS gays in open public who behave vulgar .... I plan to assist in stopping that behavior in public.

Pain is one of the best teachers. My Dad spanked my butt when I was a wee lad and I knew right away to get on the smarter program. There was no coddling back them, no excuses for everything a child did wrong.

You got it right the 2nd time or you got the strap!

Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The 14th applies to all laws, and privileges in this country. Loving v Virginia was heard on 14 amendment grounds so obviously it does apply to marriage.
In as far as white men and women and black men and mowmwn are equal under the law. But if the law says one man and one women, it's color blind.

The equal protection clause does not mean our country now embodies egalitarianism.

If your income level is too high, you don't qualify for food Stamps, go hold up your copy of the 14th amendment and cry about the equal protection clause all you want. government has defined the function and purpose of Food Stamps and if your family of three earn $3,000 a month you don't qualify. If you are not one man and one woman, you will not have your marriage endorsed in my state, and i live in a BLUE state.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:27 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Your posts have proven you wrong.

I don't have to prove anything.
It's funny that you can't point out one post where I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies