Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:25 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The problem is we treat drug addiction as a disease instead of a moral failing of a corrupt individual. Needle drug users are the worst. I wish we llived in a society where everyone hated needle drug users.
It's more of a weakness. Kind of like fat people in this country.

Why do you signal out people who use needles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
how about the euthanasia option for all hardcore needle using, crime causing, druggies?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
It's more of a weakness. Kind of like fat people in this country.

Why do you signal out people who use needles?
Food is different than drugs. We need food to survive. So people who overeat have a more innocent nature than drug users.. Needle users are the most corrupt.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
And start pointing our fingers at our fellow American citizens for the drug smuggling.....

Drug Cartel Mules Are American as Apple Pie, Border Patrol Data Shows | Danger Room | Wired.com
Throw the cops and politicians in there too. Both are sellers and users.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 AM

23,551 posts, read 17,227,205 times
"Prohibition doesn't work. History has shown us that."

History has shown us that feel good legislation offerred by politicians to an equally uninspired electorate who are satisfied throwing money at a problem as hard evidence they did their best to resolve the issue, whether it be gun violence or its source, drugs and gangs....... does not work ...and engenders defeatist attitudes as posted above.

Illegal drug use has to be kept in perspective and the downstream impact considered. A large part of that is the gun violence, an issue everyone is clamoring about. If you don't mind the gun violence then by all means maintain the current attitude of tolerence and continue to pass feel good laws.

Without the drugs and gangs, gun violence would not even be an issue. Drug use removes contributing citizens from society.

If you use drugs you condone gangs, murders and gun violence...perhaps its best you ingest these chemicals to linger in an altered state to hide hide from the misery your joy has brought to millions.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
And start pointing our fingers at our fellow American citizens for the drug smuggling.....

Drug Cartel Mules Are American as Apple Pie, Border Patrol Data Shows | Danger Room | Wired.com

Steppenwolf - The Pusher - YouTube

Quote:
You know I smoked a lot of grass.
Oh Lord! I popped a lot of pills.
But I've never touched nothin'
That my spirit couldn't kill.
You know I've seen a lot of people walking 'round
With tombstones in their eyes.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is a question I want you to think about. Why is there a demand for drugs?
because Americans[as well as all humans, i'm just picking on us] love to alter their state of being...and a easy way to do that is to smoke or snort something.

I would venture, if you went in to the medicine cabinets of America's suburbia, there would be tons legal and doctor given mood changers. We love our buzz-on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjIQzolTzyg

Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Where does the money go? Either we have very corrupt banks laundering money here in the USA or it goes back south. Rarely do we ever hear of money going south being seized. Yearss ago i read about a warehouse seized in LA with a rail spur that had 62 million in cash in big boxes going into rail cars. That was just once.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Throw the cops and politicians in there too. Both are sellers and users.

Not to mention drug corridor money seizures...

TENNESSEE POLICE PROFITING OFF DRUG TRADE - YouTube

Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Where does the money go? Either we have very corrupt banks laundering money here in the USA or it goes back south. Rarely do we ever hear of money going south being seized. Yearss ago i read about a warehouse seized in LA with a rail spur that had 62 million in cash in big boxes going into rail cars. That was just once.
Although I don't trust CNS news all that much in reporting accurately:
CBP Seizes Less Than 1% of Drug Money Smuggled Into Mexico Across Southwest Border, Says GAO | CNS News

Anyone who has ever been through a CBP checkpoint, at least the ones I've seen are inbound, coming into the US, not outbound, but I've never crossed the border into Mexico either.

Almost immediately after 9/11/01, I hauled 2 aircraft tires to Canada. No problems.
Coming back into the US, I was asked what my business was in Canada. When I said delivering aircraft tires, I was asked to pull over and a thorough search of my van was performed. I asked why the search, but no reason was given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies