Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:50 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There a REASON the American People understand that Obama is not to blame for the "bad" that happened to the economy - the "bad" STARTED before Obama was even elected.

And virtually EVERYTHING has bounced back since - not to the pre-recession levels YET but CERTAINLY better than it was when Obama took office (and generally continuing to improve).

Ken
Thanks for proving my point

Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
According to MTAtech inflation has averaged 4% over the last 40 years while wages have fallen. That sounds like pretty steep inflation over 4 decades.
Everything is relative, but one thing is certain: 4% inflation a year is NOT hyperinflation. ANYONE who thinks that's hyperinflation has NO CLUE what hyperinflation means. Comparisons the wingnuts have been making to post-WWI Germany and Zimbabwe inflation rates are utter nonsense.

Regarding MTAtechs' posts about inflation over the last 40 year eating away at the middle-class - that's most definitely true but has nothing specific to do with this administration than it does with any other. Inflation itself is neither good nor bad as long as wage keep up with it. Over the last 40 years though, that's not been the case and indeed wages have fallen relative to prices for many items (though not those most impacted by improvements in technology). To a large degree increases in energy costs have been responsible for much of the price increases as those rising energy costs work their way into the rest of the economy.

Ken

Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Thanks for proving my point
Don't blame us just because what the data says doesn't match your political/economic theories and beliefs.
The data says what the data says - and the data says gradual recovery by virtually every economic indicator:

Indicators for UNITED STATES

As I said earlier, you "doom and gloom" Obamabashers have a TERRIBLE track record in regards to predictions. When you are actually able to predict something and HAVE IT HAPPEN, THEN your opinion will be worth something. Right now, you folk's predictions are not worth squat.

Ken

Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If everything has bounced back like you say why is the fed still pumping billions upon billions into the financial sector every month?

The Fed is still pumping money into the economy every month because we haven't yet hit their UE TARGET - not because "things aren't improving". That UE rate target of 6.5% is still probably a year or so away - none of which changes the fact that the UE rate IS falling.

Why are companies sitting on piles of cash instead of investing it?

Companies are sitting on piles of cash because they are still waiting for things to improve FURTHER - not because "things haven't improved".

The mighty Obama has fixed everything so it should be smooth going.

Again, you folks are such drama queens. WHO said "Obama has fixed everything"? Your statement is perfect example of how you folks go from one extreme to the other without ever touching common sense. Nothing is "smooth sailing" - but it IS "improving".

Oh wait Obamacare looms. Wonder how you loons will blame that on Bush.

Again more drama queen nonsense.
Ken

Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I've never predicted any of those things. All I've done is shown how wrong you are and when you can't admit it you put up BS like the post above. Try again.
Really?
You NEVER said there'd be hyperinflation?

I guess THIS post was by a different KUchief25 eh?:

Quote:
Lets see what the great orator has to offer up.........

"“In the meantime, cuz I know people are hurting right now and it feels like a tax out of their paychecks, what we’re doing is looking at every single possible area that can impact gas prices, from bottlenecks that are out there right now, we’ve set up a task force to look into speculation to make sure the folks aren’t taking advantage of the situation on the global oil markets.”

What did Lenin do to speculators in communist russia..........

" Rather than repeal its price controls, the Bolshevik regime scapegoated black marketeers and speculators, unleashing the Cheka upon them with orders to administer summary executions."

We are getting closer by the day folks...........

• Uncontrolled inflationary printing press finance, ultimately leading to hyperinflation and nationwide reversion to barter
  • Near universal nationalization of manufacturing; widespread nationalization of retailing
  • Stringent price controls upon and forced requisitioning of agricultural products; state monopoly on grain purchases
  • Forced labor for civilians as well as the military
Lenin and the First Communist Revolutions, VII
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23428216

At least be honest about your OWN POSTS. As I said, such posts are a bunch of "end of the world" drama queen nonsense. NONE of that stuff has happened, and NONE of that stuff is gonna happen.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 04-01-2013 at 01:40 PM..

Old 04-01-2013, 01:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
LOL. That is all you could find is the word hyperinflation from a link I submitted in another thread and now you think I'm someone who is rabid about predicting hyperinflation? I guess once again you will have to try again.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ken
So you have no answers just the same thing you folks have said for going on 4.5 years now. Things are getting better. Well lets hope this "recovery summer" works. The stimulus was supposed to fix everything back in the day according to you folks. Fact is the economy is still a wreck and you want to blame everybody but the current policies of dear leader. That is all you do.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
LOL. That is all you could find is the word hyperinflation from a link I submitted in another thread and now you think I'm someone who is rabid about predicting hyperinflation? I guess once again you will have to try again.
Hey, YOU posted it. YOU claimed there'd inflation. Don't blame me for YOUR POST. If you didn't think there'd be hyperinflation, you shouldn't have made a post claiming there'd be hyperinflation. Don't try and weasel out of it now.

Ken

Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM

I'm not weaseling out of anything just laughing at your desperation. Lets see how hard I argued that hyperinflation point from that link that I posted. It should have turned into a long drawn out battle. Just like how hard I've argued it on this thread if I recall correctly. lol

Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
So you have no answers just the same thing you folks have said for going on 4.5 years now. Things are getting better. Well lets hope this "recovery summer" works. The stimulus was supposed to fix everything back in the day according to you folks. Fact is the economy is still a wreck and you want to blame everybody but the current policies of dear leader. That is all you do.
Again more silly nonsense - at least you could try and get the dates right (it wasn't 4.5 years ago - Obama wasn't even elected yet 4.5 years ago - which is just another example of you folks playing loose with the facts with your drama queen posts.
Shall we look at where the economy WAS 4.5 years or so ago?

Oct 2008 (4.5 years ago) - the economy sheds 459,000 jobs. The next month (Nov) it sheds another 472,000 jobs. The last month of the year (Dec 2008) it sheds 775,000 jobs - that's over a MILLION and half jobs lost in just those 3 last full months of the Bush Presidency.

Shall we look at what the economy has done over the last 3 months?
Dec 2012 - the economy creates 219,000 new jobs. The next month (Jan 2013) it creates 119,000 new jobs. The next month (Feb 2013) it creates 236,000 jobs.

So, you don't think that creating over 575,000 new jobs is an improvement over losing a million and half jobs? You really suck at math.

United States Non Farm Payrolls

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies