Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Something is amiss. This hoodie is black yet it's part of the "pink" line. I wonder what this means? Has to be something sinister.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
OMG...now I'm seriously traumatized, wondering what subliminal message my mom was sending when she had me wear panties with the days of the week stitched on them as a child.
Duh you are supposed to show them to EVERYONE so people can make sure you are a moral person.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
If anything models are made to look older.
No they're not. The typical model is chosen by gays and women and the gay and women ideal how a woman should look is extremely skinny, undeveloped (lingerie models are more womanlike than runway models but still). In other words, look like little girls.

I don't care about your degree, I can repeat what I see.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The crazy part is that VS underwear isn't "sexy" in the sense that it's meant to be worn for other purposes other than....um....as underwear. We're not talking "costume" type apparel. VS is usually cotton--the higher end is silk--and it's meant to be worn under clothing. Women wear bras and panties--that's life--and no one sees them unless you WANT them to see them. It looks exactly like the underwear that you buy from any other store, except that it's pricier and sometimes made from more expensive fabrics. The sweats look exactly like every other pair of sweats, except that they say "love pink" on them as a brand logo. The jeans, shirts, and jackets look like any other jeans, shirts or jackets. I don't get the problem, unless you ride the crazy train and try to put some super secret slang message (that doesn't exist) on to the logo name. This is an all time low even for CD--conspiracy theories on women's UNDERWEAR.
The point is that 12 year old girls are not supposed to have 'nice' underwear or 'sexy' underwear because NO ONE is supposed to see them.

If you allow your girl to start dressing the part, then expect her to act the part.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:28 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
I think if my daughter was 12 years old again I definitely would not have her checking out victoria secrets.

I can't believe parents would allow their 12 year old daughters looking at Victoria Secrets.

Victoria’s Secret goes after teen market | The Mommy Files | an SFGate.com blog
Over my dead body.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Muslim Chechnya: "Loose" Women Deserve to Die
Chechnya is not your world so don't worry about her. Neither you but especially your husband won't last very long there. That always cracks me up, here I'm doing fine in your country yet westerners like you and everyone you know would be a fish out of water there. Maybe I know something more than you feminists give me credit for. I can survive in more environments than you can.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
No they're not. The typical model is chosen by gays and women and the gay and women ideal how a woman should look is extremely skinny, undeveloped (lingerie models are more womanlike than runway models but still). In other words, look like little girls.

I don't care about your degree, I can repeat what I see.
Please site a source. Like I said, I work in the fashion industry. I've casted models.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Something is amiss. This hoodie is black yet it's part of the "pink" line. I wonder what this means? Has to be something sinister.
The pink line is what it is, and it started how it started. The fact they branched out in creating everyday wear doesn't change what the line is about. Why would you take your 12 year old daughter to a lingerie oriented store even to buy a hoody?

Old 03-28-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Please site a source. Like I said, I work in the fashion industry. I've casted models.
And I've seen enough models, I even dated one (she was extremely tall, 6') here in the USA. I don't need to state the obvious, show me a fashion runway model and ask yourself if such a woman has a desirable body for a male? She's just a stick.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The point is that 12 year old girls are not supposed to have 'nice' underwear or 'sexy' underwear because NO ONE is supposed to see them.

If you allow your girl to start dressing the part, then expect her to act the part.
Then it's a good thing that VS doesn't sell childrens underwear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies