Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 06:09 AM

717 posts, read 648,035 times

Advertisements

Do try NOT to put words in people's mouths, it makes you look facile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What do I need an excuse for? If I said I was against capital punishement, shold that mean I need to have a convicted murdered living in my basement? No. And being pro-life does not mean one must adopt kids.
You just want others to do your bidding, and meet your wants for the, perverted as they are.
You want women who don't want to breed, to breed.
Once they're born, too bad sucker.

We get your hypocrisy.
You just hate that women control life, so you want to control them.

You fetus fetishists are ridiculous.

Quote:
My statement matches personal experience.
Which are in complete disagreement with actual statistics.
Why believe anything you say? Anecdote =/= data.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You just want others to do your bidding, and meet your wants for the, perverted as they are.
Is preventing murder really that perverted.

Quote:
You want women who don't want to breed, to breed.
Where did I say that? Wouldn't it be better if they didn't get pregnant in the first place? Why do Scandinavians have so few unwanted pregnancies? Hint, it has nothing to do with religion.

Quote:
Once they're born, too bad sucker.
Your words, not mine.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Is preventing murder really that perverted.

Where did I say that? Wouldn't it be better if they didn't get pregnant in the first place? Why do Scandinavians have so few unwanted pregnancies? Hint, it has nothing to do with religion.

Your words, not mine.
You can't "murder" a fetus.....the bible says so.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You can't "murder" a fetus.....the bible says so.
The Bible says God knits people together in the mothers womb, so the thing you call a fetus, is actually a person God is in process of delivering.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So what?

Personally I think we should be busting our butts to make sure EVERY child has a loving, supportive home and family. You claim to be a Christian. Rely on HIM and quit with the excuse making.

Sheesh. Again with the Christian wimpyness. Every time the going gets tough the crying gets louder and the excuses kick in. Either kids are worth it or they're not. Make up your mind. If you are truly pro-life you don't CARE that it is a long, complicated, frustrating and expensive procedure.

Or else you are working hard to change it and make it less so. Are you doing that?

We'll just put you down as another "pro-lifer" who is only pro-life when it comes to someone else's womb. Which means you are anti-choice not pro-life.
I think of them more as "pro-birth".

Old 03-31-2013, 03:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
The Bible says God knits people together in the mothers womb, so the thing you call a fetus, is actually a person God is in process of delivering.
See my post #68.

Does the Bible condemn Abortion?

A fetus is a piece of property, not a person.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
That was David talking to GOD, not God talking to David. Moreover the word 'foetus' is the correct technical term for a human at that stage of development.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
See my post #68.

Does the Bible condemn Abortion?

A fetus is a piece of property, not a person.
You mention a verse where a man strikes a woman which caused her to miscarry, but that is not "abortion" since the stiking of the woman was clearly not done in order to abort the baby. It is unintentional killing aka manslaugher, whereas abortion is murder in the 1st degree.

And the other verse you refer to a verse talking about the "value" of a person between years of 1 - 5 of age. Are you saying that murdering a child 1-5 years old is OK? You fail to see the verse is not talking about killing the child, it is talking about the value of a person when the person's life is dedicated to the service of God.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
You mention a verse where a man strikes a woman which caused her to miscarry, but that is not "abortion" since the stiking of the woman was clearly not done in order to abort the baby. It is unintentional killing aka manslaugher, whereas abortion is murder in the 1st degree.

And the other verse you refer to a verse talking about the "value" of a person between years of 1 - 5 of age. Are you saying that murdering a child 1-5 years old is OK? You fail to see the verse is not talking about killing the child, it is talking about the value of a person when the person's life is dedicated to the service of God.
Abortion is not murder.
Quote:
The traditional Jewish view of abortion does not fit conveniently into any of the major "camps" in the current American abortion debate. We neither ban abortion completely, nor do we allow indiscriminate abortion "on demand." To gain a clear understanding of when abortion is sanctioned, or even required, and when it is forbidden, requires an appreciation of certain nuances of halacha (Jewish law) which govern the status of the fetus.

The easiest way to conceptualize a fetus in halacha is to imagine it as a full-fledged human being - but not quite. In most circumstances, the fetus is treated like any other "person." Generally, one may not deliberately harm a fetus, and sanctions are placed upon those that purposefully cause a woman to miscarry. However, when its life comes into direct conflict with an already born person, the autonomous person's life takes precedence.

It follows from this simple approach, that as a general rule, abortion in Judaism is permitted only if there is a direct threat to the life of the mother by carrying the fetus to term or through the act of childbirth. In such a circumstance, the baby is considered tantamount to a rodef, a pursuer after the mother with the intent to kill her. Nevertheless, as explained in the Mishna (Oholos 7:6), if it would be possible to save the mother by maiming the fetus, such as by amputating a limb, abortion would be forbidden. Despite the classification of the fetus as a persuer, once the baby's head has been delivered, the baby's life is considered equal to the mother's, and we may not choose one life over another, because it is considered as though they are both pursuing each other. . . "
Source
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies