Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times

Advertisements

I see many republicans in this forum attacking gay people in the name of Jesus and Christianity. But I wonder where in the New Testament does it say to hate gay people, or to withhold their personal rights ??

Jesus also abolished the laws of the Old testament. Jesus abolished Jewish Dietary Laws and Jewish prayer services ex.ex.. Did the New Testament tell us to keep the laws concerning gay people ??

I ask these questions to people who have read the Bible,

Where did the teachings of Jesus or the New Testament tell us to hate gay people, or to withhold their personal rights ??

And if Jesus was here today would he hate gay people and withhold gay peoples rights ??

Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Any sensible person would not be against the UNION of gay couples. HOWEVER, giving them the same benefits and such as MARRIED people should not equate from the bastardization of the term marriage. That is the point that people refuse to focus on.

This isnt about hate or bigotry. And certainly its not even about fairness or equal rights. If that were the case, civil unions would have been just fine. But that wasnt enough. The equal rights wasnt enough. You had to destroy a term that has stood for man and woman forever. And when you destroy the term marriage, even that wont be enough. This issue isnt going to be done with even after that point. You will want more.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times
^^ Hysterical much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This isnt about hate or bigotry. And certainly its not even about fairness or equal rights.
Yes, it is.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Any sensible person would not be against the UNION of gay couples. HOWEVER, giving them the same benefits and such as MARRIED people should not equate from the bastardization of the term marriage. That is the point that people refuse to focus on.

This isnt about hate or bigotry. And certainly its not even about fairness or equal rights. If that were the case, civil unions would have been just fine. But that wasnt enough. The equal rights wasnt enough. You had to destroy a term that has stood for man and woman forever. And when you destroy the term marriage, even that wont be enough. This issue isnt going to be done with even after that point. You will want more.
Where did jesus mention gays or same sex marriage?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times
Quote:

I asked these questions to people who have read the Bible,

Where did the teachings of Jesus or the New Testament tell us to hate gay people, or to withhold their personal rights ??

And if Jesus was here today would he hate gay people and withhold gay peoples rights ??

Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 PM

142 posts, read 120,765 times
Quote:

Separate but equal is, in fact, never equal.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,209,830 times
Did Jesus and the New Testament tell us to hate gay people, or to withhold their personal rights ??

Not sure he said anything about personal rights but he did tell us to render unto Caesar that which was Caesar's, and unto God that which was God's.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I asked these questions to people who have read the Bible,

He never said to hate. No one is saying that. And this isnt about personal rights which I already explained. I and many others have been all for civil unions granting gay unions same benefits and "rights" as married but leaving the damn definition alone.

The Bible clearly said homosexuality was a sin. But Jesus never said to hate the sinners.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siskiwit View Post
Separate but equal is, in fact, never equal.
Because they are not equal to a man and woman by definition. Hence the term GAY or HOMOSEXUAL. Hence that it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to pro-create. So they are NOT equal. HOWEVER, they should have the same benefits as a married couple, but they do NOT fall into the same definition. It should be a UNION.

I hear all this whining about wanting the same benefits as married couples. Yet when that has been offered with the easy answer of a UNION, it isnt good enough. You keep wanting to pretend you can call hang a sign that says Cow onto a horse and make it so. Like it or not, they are different, but should have equal rights and benefits.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 PM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
Jesus couldn't be here today because he has to be in hell for the next 3 days. Which often made me wonder. If satan was hell-bent on conquering heaven, why not do it when god/jesus was in hell? I mean, he had the perfect opportunity. I guess satan has no gift for military strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.