Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 08:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Are we pro-Sharia? Is that how ignorant of liberals you conservatives are? Maybe that's why you despise us so much, you don't even know what we are for or against.
Yes, you are pro-sharia. Glenn Beck said so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 08:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, you are pro-sharia. Glenn Beck said so
No!!!! What he has said is by pushing Christianity out of our country it will open doors for another religion to take over......there has always been religion and this will never change Muslim Brotherhood in waiting to be the next Super Power even if it means teaming up with Russia and China.

How do you plan on fighting them????? As your brillant administration thinks down sizing anything military is a good thing and loading Muslim Brotherhood up with arsenal and money.....I'm sure those radicals and the countries behind them want to be your friend.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No!!!! What he has said is by pushing Christianity out of our country it will open doors for another religion to take over......there has always been religion and this will never change Muslim Brotherhood in waiting to be the next Super Power even if it means teaming up with Russia and China.

How do you plan on fighting them????? As your brillant administration thinks down sizing anything military is a good thing and loading Muslim Brotherhood up with arsenal and money.....I'm sure those radicals and the countries behind them want to be your friend.
First of all, it's grammatically incorrect to use that many exclamation marks and question marks.

Secondly, that argument is bull****. All religion is being told to stay the hell out of law.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Why do you feel the government needs to tell us our social issues, why can't the people decide?
Jim Crow was a "social issue" in the south before the 1960s. Should the citizens of Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia have had the priviledge to decide what rights blacks should have?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
If the people decided every social issue we'd be decades, if not more than a century behind, in much of the country. Tyranny by majority is a thing.

By the way, I don't think a church should be forced to marry a gay couple. If by letting the people decide you meant letting individual institutions decide rather than putting it to a vote state by state, I agree. On this issue at least.
We're not already tied up for decades by the government making laws Seems our country has been stuck on abortion and birth control for along time, why should the government make these decision?

There are organizations for these and if the government wouldn't pull these issues in to their "needing the vote" they could be working on more serious issues. I feel when they get into social issues all the government does is divide us, tell me how is this any good?

I agree with your last sentence.....

Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
First of all, it's grammatically incorrect to use that many exclamation marks and question marks.

Secondly, that argument is bull****. All religion is being told to stay the hell out of law.
I was giving you the chance to answer or not......if you don't like it whatever!!!

Too bad for you most people are religious in some way so how do you expect ones religion to not influence the way one would vote?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I was giving you the chance to answer or not......if you don't like it whatever!!!

Too bad for you most people are religious in some way so how do you expect ones religion to not influence the way one would vote?
I don't care how citizens vote. But lawmakers should know the government is secular. Religion has no place in government.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
We're not already tied up for decades by the government making laws Seems our country has been stuck on abortion and birth control for along time, why should the government make these decision?

There are organizations for these and if the government wouldn't pull these issues in to their "needing the vote" they could be working on more serious issues. I feel when they get into social issues all the government does is divide us, tell me how is this any good?

I agree with your last sentence.....
When I said behind, I meant like we'd still have Jim Crow laws and wouldn't have interracial marriage, to name a few. We really aren't that stuck on abortion. Roe v Wade ain't changing. We definitely aren't stuck on birth control. 89% of Americans say it's morally okay, so only the most conservative still oppose it.

Americans, Including Catholics, Say Birth Control Is Morally OK

Old 03-30-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Jim Crow was a "social issue" in the south before the 1960s. Should the citizens of Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia have had the priviledge to decide what rights blacks should have?
From what I've read it would have been Democrats opposing the right of blacks......... the blacks were being treated as less than human beings so in this case it was needed.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
When I said behind, I meant like we'd still have Jim Crow laws and wouldn't have interracial marriage, to name a few. We really aren't that stuck on abortion. Roe v Wade ain't changing. We definitely aren't stuck on birth control. 89% of Americans say it's morally okay, so only the most conservative still oppose it.

Americans, Including Catholics, Say Birth Control Is Morally OK
It took people to change the way people looked at interracial marriage nothing to do with government. I remember when John Mellencamp came out with a video "Cherry Bomb" with a black man and a white woman he got more support for the song on the west coast than the east.......it's more of a culture hate than an American hate.

I didn't say abortion was changing or BC, you tell me why was it the two most talked about issues on President Obama's campaigning tour. Remember that war on women the church was out to take away our BC!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies