Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 PM

592 posts, read 413,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Anyone can commit any sexual act, regardless of their innate orientation... but I see you're another one who doesn't know the difference between behavior and orientation. No big surprise.
ROTFLMAO Guess anyone can become disoriented. Good excuse.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
ROTFLMAO Guess anyone can become disoriented. Good excuse.
That was very punny, LOL. But it does happen to be true, no excuses needed (especially since it doesn't relate to me personally).

Do you still not difference between behavior and orientation? Anyone can have a sexual encounter with anyone else, for whatever reason (be it coerced, while intoxicated, simple curiosity, or just a "moment of weakness"). That doesn't mean they are of the homosexual orientation, unless they find themselves being more attracted to same sex overall. Sometimes it does mean they're bisexual, other times it means they just had a same-sex experience. Are all prisoners who engage in same-sex conduct gay? Maybe they're "gay for the stay," but most are really desperate heterosexuals.

Human sexuality has many variances, despite people like you trying to make it a this vs that issue... do some scientific research on the subject, and I'm quite sure the experts will agree.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:30 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,439,515 times
My main objection to gay marriage is that it makes me feel very uncomfortable knowing that my wife and I signed a contract of marriage and now some group of people who are doing the grody butt lovin' are now going to be able to sign that same contract. It's just... You know... I can't stop thinking about what these people are going to do in the privacy of their own homes. I become obsessed with it. One minute they'll be out working in the garden and the next minute they'll be gone and I just won't be able to keep my nosy, horrified, puritanical self from thinking about how he's going to insert his... never mind.

Seriously, though, have you ever stopped to think about what two gay people are going to do in the privacy of their own homes? I know I can't stop thinking about it one bit. I can't stop thinking about it so much that I think we really should deny them that right - I'm just so uncomfortable with the whole concept. I mean, two guys making funky love is just so different from the way I practice lovemaking that... Gosh... I just can't stop thinking about it. It's just so... Man... If they keep doing it, it's like I'm going to be forced to watch... I might even be coaxed into participating.

The next thing you know, we'll all have to enter into gay relationships and since they changed the definition of marriage to include gay couples... Oh, man!!! That means I have to include a gay couple into my marriage? Wow!!! I'll never stop thinking and obsessing about what they're doing... It's just so uncomfortable. Could you imagine what it would be like to open a Merriam-Webster's Dictionary not knowing what the definition of marriage is, as I do every single day, only to see that it means "a union of matrimony between two people" rather than "between a man and a woman."? How frickin' confusing and downright forceful of them to make me think about two guys or two gals and... Ick... I mean they're just going to be sweating and kissing and all that other stuff in their bedroom and, well, they just wouldn't do that if they weren't married.

Other people I know can't stop thinking about it either. We meet up at our local conservative get-togethers and we discuss it all the time. I don't just mean in a "Hey Bob, hear about them two guys?" kind of way. I mean we DISCUSS it. We discuss what they're going to be doing. Who the big spoon is and who the little spoon is. We talk about it so much that we work ourselves into a frenzy thinking about all the horrible sins two people might commit. It's that concerning to me... To us... It's literally on my mind twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Sometimes I dream about it and I wake up with an erection. I'm not gay, though. Not even remotely. Otherwise, I'd be all for gay marriage. It's just that now I'm dreaming about all this stuff and now I get a little chub goin' and... I just wonder what they're doing in there?

I'm going to take a look just so I can explain to the world exactly what's going on between these two people. The next time they sneak away into their house, I'm going to set up spy cameras in their bedroom and I'm going to watch them. I'm going to report their activities to Fox News and I'm going to show the world "Hey, Look!!!! Look at what these two guys are doing." I'm going to watch those recordings over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to make sure I didn't miss a single thing. I'm going to show it to everyone I know and explain to them how damaging all of this is to us and to the rest of the world. Those gays, you know... They just want everything. I wouldn't even be thinking of this sick stuff if they weren't so in your face about their lifestyle demanding that they get married.

This world has gone to hell, I tell you and I'm going to do something about it. I'm going to keep pondering over this gay stuff and I'm never going to stop talking about how they're wanton desire to be treated equally has everything to do with my life and how they've turned me into someone who thinks about gay sex more than actual gay people. Gays, gays, gays, gays... Homosexual sex, homosexual sex... That's what my mind would sound like if it had a speaker attached to it. That's all I can think about. Please. Someone. Tell me I'm not gay!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Brilliant, GCS... just brilliant. Reps for you!!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
How juvenile is your comment...I didn't mention anything about a church ceremony in my post.

All licenses to marry come from the state.

Civil unions are performed at courthouses.

So big fail on you. n'ya n'ya n'ya - razzberries :P
No, you're post is filled with out and out lies.
My MARRIAGE certificate was issued by the State of Nevada.
I did not get a civil union certificate.
Neither did anyone else who lives in the US.

You're trying to assign marriage to church.
It's not.
At all.

It's not a fail on my part, at all.
It is a big fail on yours.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Sodomy is a perversion. It's just logical. If the desire of a man for a woman and the desire of a woman for a man is natural/normal, then the desire of a man for a man or a woman for a woman is unnatural/a perversion. We would say God has given them a base mind and an unnatural desire. The point is don't listen to them. They want equality. They want the license. They want the social status. They say they are born that way. Guess what. They are. So are their supporters. By that I mean God has given them the intelligence to think they are doing the right thing. But make no mistake about it. It is an abomination.
Don't know much about the sex lives of heterosexuals, do you?
Your post and your make believe sky daddy are both ridiculous.

Got some proof of this god thingie?
Then don't try to foist your silly beliefs on me.

Quote:
Sodomy specifically refers to a man lying with a male as with a woman. That's because every man in Sodom was gay. So that's where the word comes from. Every man, both young and old, down to the last man was gay. Do you understand the implication of that? There's not one single person on this earth who can not be corrupted, whether you are born that way or not.

Also what you are bringing up regarding oral and anal sex between members of the opposite sex is equally unnatural and a perversion. There's not much difference.
So you don't like definitions and make up your own.
How disingenuous of you.

I probably know more perverts than you do.
We have a lot of fun. Sex is fun and dirty, especially when done correctly.
Sorry that you don't.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:38 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Mark et al, you have every right to worry. We legalized same-sex marriage up here about a decade ago.
"What's the harm?" we said. "Let them get married" we said. But did it end there? Nosireebob!
This thing mushroomed out of all proportion, and the gays have taken over. Only same-sex marriage is now permitted. Jackbooted thugs break down our doors in the middle of the night and drag us off to the courthouse to be married to the same sex at gunpoint. We can't even defend ourselves due to our strict gun laws.
Hetero couples have to marry in secret and there's an extensive underground railroad in place to get them to your border states. Sympathetic farmers feed, shelter and hide them during this perilous journey, as border guards are instructed to shoot to kill.
Hetero sex in genral is illegal and there are government cameras in every bedroom to make sure this never occurs. Heteros have been reduced to having sex in illegal speakeasy bars reminiscent of the Prohibition. In public. Like animals.
I can't sleep at night for all the worry. When I was a little girl, I dreamt of marrying a man, but now all those hopes and dreams are dashed. I never know if I'll be next.
This can happen to you. Good luck and may God be with you. Courage.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:42 AM

Quote:
We're talking about gay marriage right? As soon as you say gay you're bring sodomy into the discussion. I said sodomy is a perversion. I agree, it makes no sense to be talking about marriage and sodomy together but that is what we are doing. Gay marriage makes no sense.

The institution of marriage is this - he who made them in the beginning made them male and female. It is for this reason that a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder. The idea that God will join together two men or two women is a false. Gay marriage is a perversion. Remember God destroyed the men of Sodom because of their wickedness. Why go through the motions if God doesn't approve it?
You really know so little about marriage and its history, its evolution.
The catholic church married men. Yep.
Throughout history there have been group marriages.

Your posts make you look silly.

Provide me some proof of this god thingie that you keep yammering about, will you.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Normally I don't respond to posters who resort to personal attacks ... however, I fail to see how I'm an "uneducated bigot" just because I'm personally opposed to both gay & interracial marriage. If the truth were known, lots of people have hangups about both kinds of marriages. Truth is, I'm not a big fan of marriage in general. I believe that everybody should do what they will according to their own values & personal beliefs, and to hell with what the trend is.
What was the personal attack?
You chose to identify with the comment.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Who gives a flying fig about Egypt 4,000 years ago. When people speak of redefining marriage or the tradition of marriage, isn't it plain they're speaking of the USA. Though the reasons for, ages, and other aspects of the qualifications have changed, woman-man was a stable, unquestioned qualification.
Ridiculous comment.
When you start using your god thingie, you open all doors and windows for comment.
Marriage was an "institution" way before the US was a country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.