Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,408,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

What can you even say about them? Pathetic. They really hate it when a person of color dares not fall on their side of the aisle. I knew they were going to go after him after he lectured Obama, but I didnt think they even stoop to this level.
MC Hammer was accused of the same thing. It is sad that black people who do well are thrown under the bus. Instead of being revered for whatever it is that they have accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,586,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
MC Hammer was accused of the same thing. It is sad that black people who do well are thrown under the bus. Instead of being revered for whatever it is that they have accomplished.
Oh, I'd love to hear you and others on this thread "revere" Obama for what he has accomplished with his life. Ready . . . set . . . go!!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 PM

6,252 posts, read 5,046,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, I'd love to hear you and others on this thread "revere" Obama for what he has accomplished with his life. Ready . . . set . . . go!!
Rather than being smarmy and deflecting the conversation, why don't you stay on topic and take a stand against the inappropriateness of MSNBC's conduct?

Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,226,123 times
All I see is a black man with the caption under him saying "Blinded by the white." I have no idea what context this caption was used in, so I can't make a proper judgement. If I could see a video of the segment I'd be able to.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Rather than being smarmy and deflecting the conversation, why don't you stay on topic and take a stand against the inappropriateness of MSNBC's conduct?
I don't watch MSNBC. I've already taken a stand, regardless of the topic of this thread. Why don't you and yours also take a stand and just say no to cable "news" altogether?

Old 03-29-2013, 11:36 PM

571 posts, read 788,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
All I see is a black man with the caption under him saying "Blinded by the white." I have no idea what context this caption was used in, so I can't make a proper judgement. If I could see a video of the segment I'd be able to.
Yeah, I don't understand the uproar. The word "white" appeared in a caption while a black man was on the screen, pardon me for not getting where the racism comes in...

Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 PM

Watched the segment. The caption isn't really inappropriate in the context of the segment, which is about the lack of diversity and respect for other races in the GOP. However, I think the segment itself is stupid. But what do you expect from cable news other than stupidity.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 PM

Here is the Youtube video.

Blinded by the White - YouTube

Unsurprisingly, the OP was being incredibly dishonest. They weren't saying the guy in the photo was blinded by the white. The phrase itself is stupid, as is the entire segment, but what the OP is accusing them of is not the case.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 PM

571 posts, read 788,865 times
The caption is a knock at the GOP for not being very diverse.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
That phrase was placed throughout the segment, which also included a white woman who appeared to be captioned by "blinded by the white." Racists!!!

Blinded by the White - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies