Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Please...

I wonder what its like to be completely ignorant to the main issues that affect my family and country, and focus on **** that doesn't matter and affects a small group of like 3% of the population.
Most estimates place it closer to 7%. If the U.S. population is approx. 300 million, the population of gays is 21 million. That is a lot of people and then there are their families, relatives, friends and colleagues and many of them want those gay people they know to have the same rights including marriage.

I am also sure only a relatively small number of inter-racial couples wanted to marry 50 years ago and that argument was also used then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 10:32 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It doesn't matter. Most people will still respond to a guy introducing his husband with an inside chuckle and a patronizing thought of "ssurrre this is your husband "
It will take time for some people to be comfortable with it. If those that oppose gay marriage really had the courage of their convictions, they would be honest and say they believe the Declaration of Independence should read "Liberty for most" rather than "Liberty for all". Their true belief is "Liberty for most" whether they admit it or not.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:36 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Please...

I wonder what its like to be completely ignorant to the main issues that affect my family and country, and focus on **** that doesn't matter and affects a small group of like 3% of the population.

But it matters to that 3%. It matters to their family. No matter how small, they should be acknowledged. What makes you so special to think your problems are greater than theirs.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:15 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
since under American law you have those protections you must be referring to the laws of nature.

Go complain to God that 2 males or 2 female can never have a child. To bad for you God doesn't have a appeals court
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
you chose to enter a fake relationship don't expect other to support you in your vile behavior
marry a man and you won have those "problems".

It's not mine or the government's fault you flunked kindergarden biology.
The magnitude of ignorance here is astounding! It's amazing this site tolerates such stupidity. You have no clue what you are even talking about. People don't f#ck primarily to have kids, they have sex because they are horny. This is why use of birth control is wide spread. The sex drive is not something people rationalize; it is an instinct. You better hope God doesn't exist, because my God insists you must accept Jesus Christ as your savior, which Jews do not! For this reason, Jews will be going straight to the flames of hell!

Last edited by 9162; 04-02-2013 at 04:39 PM..

Old 04-02-2013, 05:34 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It doesn't matter. Most people will still respond to a guy introducing his husband with an inside chuckle and a patronizing thought of "ssurrre this is your husband "
Hmmm - sounds like the bargaining stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies