Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:47 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Well, things being as they are, this seems to be a thread devoted to either pride and admiration for HD, in his having cowed an adversary, and on the flip flop those who shrug in apathy at this alleged prowess of verbal Kendo.

Personally, I find it somewhat admirable that Sir HD was challenged thus, outside this forum. That the challenger withdrew while standing upon the field, I find less than admirable. If'n you call a feller out, you don't skip town at high noon,. What would Gary Cooper think!?

So, Sir HD, it seems you have won the day, so to speak. It would seem your intellectual repatoire was to formidable an array for your "opponent".

Since I am not in the know, as to what was on tap for this, now kaput, verbal frackus, I cannot offer commentary as to why your opponent was so intimidated. All of us here are familiar enough with your outlooks and opinions. Many of us have braved the scintillating glare of your intellectual saber, and chosen to disagree with you.

At any rate, enjoy the thread. It IS devoted to you. The proverbial 15 minutes of fame. Congratulations. Seriously. Ya know what they say about heroes.....

Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
pretty funny. after inviting our own "historiandude" on his show to debate birtherism mark gillar, host of "the tea party power hour" and narrator for the maricopa county cold case posse, has chickened out:

Birther radio host Gillar reneges on debate | Obama Conspiracy TheoriesObama Conspiracy Theories
They all know the facts aren't on the tea parties side not that it stops them from babbling their nonsense though. Think of birthers as the new creationists; they'll keep making up birther lies just like how creationists love to make up lies about evolution and no amount of evidence, facts, or reason is going to change their position.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
I like HistorianDude as he usually has something to say which is worth reading. That, sadly, isn't all that common on CDF.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:46 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
The Dude abides.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:48 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,679 times
Is oldArmySoldier Mark Gillar and not "Steve McGarrett" ? So many conspiracies, so little time..

Old 03-30-2013, 12:12 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Since I am not in the know, as to what was on tap for this, now kaput, verbal frackus, I cannot offer commentary as to why your opponent was so intimidated.
it's an excellent question. here's what HD posted on another forum:

" ....but once Mike Zullo of the Maricopa County Cold Case Posse got wind of the debate he asked Gillar to rescind the invitation and cancel the debate."

gillar was the narrator for the MCCCP's last press conference video. the implication is that gillar is privy to sensitive information of this "ongoing investigation" but........ why the f*** would a serious investigation be sharing information with a blog radio talk show host that isn't even a member of the MCCCP!

Old 03-30-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
They all know the facts aren't on the tea parties side.....
i actually think that gillar believes the BS is true which is why he so eagerly invited HD for a debate. it would appear that zullo isn't as convinced of the truthfulness of his own accusations.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, things being as they are, this seems to be a thread devoted to either pride and admiration for HD,.....
in all honesty i wish the debate had gone thru. from what i've seen over the past few years the birthers have been shutting themselves off to any information that doesn't come from another birther. most birther blogs edit any comment that doesn't agree with their belief.

it would have been interesting to see those beliefs challenged.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:43 PM

here is the correspondence between HD and gillar:

Another Debate that Never Was: Arduini v. Gillar, April 5, 2013 • Fogbow

Old 03-30-2013, 01:51 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
in all honesty i wish the debate had gone thru. from what i've seen over the past few years the birthers have been shutting themselves off to any information that doesn't come from another birther. most birther blogs edit any comment that doesn't agree with their belief.

it would have been interesting to see those beliefs challenged.
What would have stopped them from editing the show to alter or misrepresent HD's points? If I recall, that has happened to others who have gone on birther shows to debate.

In the end, anyone who still believes the birther nonsense at this stage of the game has no real interest in the truth. So while it would have been entertaining, I doubt it would have done much by way of changing any minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies