Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 04:25 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,356,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have to say, when going to school I only remember two of my teachers ever discussing politics, they seem to be in full partisan mode these days.
You must have been home schooled then.
Generally libs all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 04:27 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,815,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
You must have been home schooled then.
Generally libs all the way.
Yes everything is controlles by liberals. Public school, post secondary education, the media, the science industry, etc etc.

Yet somehow the majority of congressional districts remain red.

Right.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:31 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,903,559 times
I had teachers do this to me when I was a youth... At the time I was a musician and was left leaning. That was back in the 60's, so the game is the same, just the sides have shifted. Now it is politically correct to be a leftist if you are in education. This is no shock as the left supports the unions and the teachers union is indebted to the left. While I know it's a hard thing for a young person to accept, sometimes it's better to tell educators what they want you to think, rather than what you really do think. Leave the major debates to those who don't get a grade for their disagreement with the ideas of the teacher. (Or professor. I had some real nut job professors)

Old 03-30-2013, 04:32 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,444,429 times
This isnt the only incident either. For me I remember in highschool I had atleast 2-3 teachers cram their political views down your throat. Some of my teachers were obnoxious about it it left a bad taste in my mouth about liberals.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,815,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I had teachers do this to me when I was a youth... At the time I was a musician and was left leaning. That was back in the 60's, so the game is the same, just the sides have shifted. Now it is politically correct to be a leftist if you are in education. This is no shock as the left supports the unions and the teachers union is indebted to the left. While I know it's a hard thing for a young person to accept, sometimes it's better to tell educators what they want you to think, rather than what you really do think. Leave the major debates to those who don't get a grade for their disagreement with the ideas of the teacher. (Or professor. I had some real nut job professors)
I guess in high school and college I had the only conservative professors to ever exist. What are the odds...

Old 03-30-2013, 04:37 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Right, a random teacher in Wisconsin represents all liberals.

I'll be right back, I'm going to find an example of a racist conservative so I can paint all conservatives as racist.
I am anything but a liberal, but I have to agree with you: one of anything or even a handful of anything does not represent an entire group. I am getting a little tired, regardless of what side someone is on, seeing all these people who do think a few incedences speak for an entire party of group.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,444,429 times
Quote:
Yeah yeah, liberal bias, life sucks.

I'm still pretty sure this kid is a liar. I'd like to hear from someone else at this school. And if all of this stuff did happen, then there should be consequences for sure. But it doesn't mean all liberals, or all liberal teachers for that matter, are doing this stuff.

The only instance of a teacher getting political that I can remember was back in '08 when I had a history teacher go on and on about how bad Obama was going to be. I know it's anecdotal, so I wouldn't expect you to take much from that, but I don't take much from this kid's anecdote either.
If you honestly think everything in that blog is a lie you are a moron. Why would a 15 year old go and make all this up? BTW of all teachers that shoved their political views down my throat they were all liberals

Old 03-30-2013, 04:39 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,903,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I guess in high school and college I had the only conservative professors to ever exist. What are the odds...
My high school teachers were conservatives, but at the time I was kinda left. When I came back from my south east asian vacation and went to college, I had shifted right but the professors I had were far leftist... Talk about being confussed.... LOL........

Old 03-30-2013, 04:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,222,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
If you honestly think everything in that blog is a lie you are a moron. Why would a 15 year old go and make all this up? BTW of all teachers that shoved their political views down my throat they were all liberals
There is probably some truth to it, but exaggeration? I would wager a lot of it. And I'm sorry to hear about your bad teachers.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:30 PM

157 posts, read 102,121 times
Quote:
Complete deflection. The fact that adults lie has nothing to do with whether this kid is lying. Try again.
No deflection just playing your game...you think all teens lie I say I don't trust indoctrinated adults more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Putting aside your hyperpartisanship, who's word holds more weight? A college educated adult or a pubescent high school freshman?

Take all the time you need.
I would trust a kid any day...I trust my kids word over some adult I don't know...Kids usually don't have an ulterior motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies