Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 03:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

As a practicing Lutheran who has spent Holy Week very actively involved in church goings on, between my liberal ELCA church and my SO's somewhat more traditional Catholic parish, from Holy Thursday to Easter Vigil to this morning's services, I don't find anything Google does with their homepage to be remotely offensive. Why should I care? I don't look to my web browser for spiritual reverence. Why is this an issue? Just so some nutcases can give all spiritually-affiliated people a bad name?

Google is not instituting a "War on Christianity." People are nuts.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,296 times
Default Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorEast View Post
for all of the religious cavemen/woman that will boycott google now, I suggest you boycott CD, too. After all, they use google ads.

everytime you view a page here on CD, you support google
You liberals are a legend in your own mind. Children who do not know enough always think the know it all. They think anyone that disagrees with them is inferior. The idiots are THEM, they do not know enough to questions their owners.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,296 times
Liberals think that anyone who disagrees with them is inferior. Just like kids, they think they know it all. The idiots are them, who don't have enough gray matter to question their masters.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalOne View Post
Liberals think that anyone who disagrees with them is inferior. Just like kids, they think they know it all. The idiots are them, who don't have enough gray matter to question their masters.
Disagree all you want. Just like google disagrees with promoting one religion over another.

Who started this thread?
A right winger that disapproves of Google doing whatever they want with their business.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:32 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
When I was actively practicing other religions, I only recall one person telling me I'm going to hell and that's my husband. I don't think people say that very often IRL, it's mostly on message boards.
Growing up in the 90s and early 2000s in the South, I was regularly told by other students, their parents, bus drivers and - later - random people who spotted my Star of David necklace that I was going to hell. My parents still regularly get hate mail for daring to display a menorah - though that's better than the cross burned on our lawn and things thrown through our windows that I experienced as a kid. In the 90s. Not 1890s, 1990s.

All in real life, before the trolls had message boards to get out their hate.

Meanwhile, you don't see me crying about how Google is "anti-religion" because it did not acknowledge Passover, Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashana, etc etc in it's doodles. Not once. Not ever.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:45 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,638 times
Christianity is mythology just as the Greek Gods are mythology.

Jesus Christ was a real person but by all accounts appeared to be kind of a nutter. That's what we would call someone today if they claimed to be the son of some god and born from a virgin mother.

I blame Constantine. If it wasn't for him christianity would have remained a bizarre cult and it wouldn't have caused so many problems over the last two-thousand years. Think of all the bad things Christianity has brought to the world. It's based on a text(The Bible) that is full of immoral instruction.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Probably not.
I think she knows the difference. I think it was a joke, and a good one at that.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Perhaps the poster was thinking of Carlos Chavez, the Mexican composer and founder of the Mexican Symphony Orchestra.

It can be hard to tell them apart.
I'm sure it was a joke.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I hope you are joking. You do realize that Cesar Chavez (CESAR CHAVEZ FOUNDATION) is not the same as Hugo Chavez.
LOL I made the same mistake when I first saw Cesar's name. There is a street on the south side of Milwaukee named after him and I was super offended until I realized it was a different Chavez.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
LOL I made the same mistake when I first saw Cesar's name. There is a street on the south side of Milwaukee named after him and I was super offended until I realized it was a different Chavez.
It's very easy to make mistakes like that. Especially if you have a family and are posting in a hurry in between doing other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies