Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Your only allowed to talk about something if it is your job?

Why are you here talking about SSM? Aint your job.
No, it has to do with my life, and my equal rights.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It must suck for you to be on the wrong side of history.
lol oh. As if that is supposed to mean something. How awful it is for us to have our own views and beliefs...

Because a minority of people who already have equal rights as man, want to bastardize marriage instead of pushing for unions, everyone who opposes just needs to shut it right? Why are you, the minority, the ones who now get to say what marriage is and what restrictions there are? YOU want it changed yet you also want to now be the one who says a different type of marriage would be absurd? What is absurd is redefining marriage in the first place. What's absurd is pretending a man and woman is some how the same as a man and a man.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
Quote:
Hate to break it to you. It doesn't have to do with "rights".

It has to do with getting government benefits.

And again, how am I on the wrong side of history?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Last I checked, you as a man has the same rights as anyone else. You can marry the woman of your choice. You have all other rights I have.

Tell me why cousins shouldn't get to redefine marriage if you get to redefine it?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:14 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Because a minority of people who already have equal rights as man, want to bastardize marriage instead of pushing for unions, everyone who opposes just needs to shut it right? Why are you, the minority, the ones who now get to say what marriage is and what restrictions there are? YOU want it changed yet you also want to now be the one who says a different type of marriage would be absurd? What is absurd is redefining marriage in the first place. What's absurd is pretending a man and woman is some how the same as a man and a man.
Um, we don't have equal rights. And we are pushing for legal unions - it just so happens that in our civil, secular law we call unions "marriages." Why should I be punished and denied equal rights because of other's homophobia and sensitivity about a word?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:

You are spot on but they and the media dont want to actually talk about facts. Its all stupid rhetoric by those pushing it

Old 03-31-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Last I checked, you as a man has the same rights as anyone else. You can marry the woman of your choice. You have all other rights I have.

Tell me why cousins shouldn't get to redefine marriage if you get to redefine it?
I'm a woman, and I don't have the same rights as a man to marry the woman of my choice.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:

I'm a woman, and I don't have the same rights as a man to marry the woman of my choice.

If cousins want to marry, they can in several states. Their marriage is recognized by the federal government.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Um, we don't have equal rights. And we are pushing for legal unions - it just so happens that in our civil, secular law we call unions "marriages." Why should I be punished and denied equal rights because of other's homophobia and sensitivity about a word?
You are not losing out on any rights. You are losing out on benefits. That needs to be taken up with the government, to allow civil unions the same benefits. There is no right issue

Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:

And the constitution says that ALL citizens have the right to equal protection of the laws. Also that no state can abridge the rights, or privileges of an American citizen.
Either way. If you say marriage is a right, as the USSC has said many times, then the government can not deny me access without compelling state interest. If marriage is a privilege, then the same.

Quote:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies