Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Meh. Bush was a puppet too. Not saying he wasn't a flat out criminal AND a puppet..

Obama is a moderate. It sure would be nice if he actually was the things right wingers are accusing him of being..
Let's not let this thread turn into a political debate, I was enjoying so much more when it was just about racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
"He scuffed my Jordans so I busted a cap in his ass."
So true that people value shoes over lives. What has caused that mentality?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Meh. Bush was a puppet too. Not saying he wasn't a flat out criminal AND a puppet..

Obama is a moderate. It sure would be nice if he actually was the things right wingers are accusing him of being..
Bush may have been a puppet as well but he's way more connected to the elite than Obama could dream of.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,677,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Basically just teens running around trying to cause a scene, but not acting out in violence towards tourists or stealing, breaking things.
Maybe we should open a sub-forum on here so we can help coordinate. You know, just kids being kids, right?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Did you see how the community activist's story changed as he talked to more news outlets? It's a 68 year old activist from the area who loves speaking up. More power to him, but I could have created an outstanding story as well if I had a point to try and make. Andrew Holmes was on every news outlet because he was giving a very media-hungry report of mayham and violence on the mag mile. Strangely no one else, be it the other people interviewed or the police in question reported that situation. Similarly strange that almost every news station was able to find and interview Andrew Holmes with his account
Why did the Alderman report there were 50 officers called to the scene and more were needed for backup?

Now, you may be correct that no one was arrested in this situation. The better question is were the Police prepared and equipped to make arrests if there was law-breaking going on, or did they just let it go?
And, does whether or not the actual process of arresting change what happened?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
So a group of kids assaulted a cop and they just let them go?!?! If you believe that you really don't know a thing about the CPD. Even if the kids somehow managed to get away you'd be hearing about a cop getting assaulted and they'd be seeking them out. It makes me seriously doubt his account.
I wish I could link to that scene from the Fugitive where they are chasing Harrison Ford after they think he killed a CPD, but no idea how to even search for it.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
So a group of kids assaulted a cop and they just let them go?!?! If you believe that you really don't know a thing about the CPD. Even if the kids somehow managed to get away you'd be hearing about a cop getting assaulted and they'd be seeking them out. It makes me seriously doubt his account.
If the kids were what, 12-13 years old, you think CPD is going to beat them down with billy clubs on North Michigan Ave in broad daylight? Do you know any CPD? Know how their commanders talk about how they're waking lawsuits and tell them to try not to get the city sued?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Bush may have been a puppet as well but he's way more connected to the elite than Obama could dream of.
This is true.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Did you see how the community activist's story changed as he talked to more news outlets? It's a 68 year old activist from the area who loves speaking up. More power to him, but I could have created an outstanding story as well if I had a point to try and make. Andrew Holmes was on every news outlet because he was giving a very media-hungry report of mayham and violence on the mag mile. Strangely no one else, be it the other people interviewed or the police in question reported that situation. Similarly strange that almost every news station was able to find and interview Andrew Holmes with his account
I don't know anything about this individual. Is there something inherently unreliable about the veracity of community activists in Chicago?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Maybe the guy made it up, I don't know. However, I could see an isolated cop on horseback suddenly surrounded by a large group of teens who mess with him or her and then flee not being in a position to do much about it. You're not going to whip out your gun and shoot. You might reach down and grab one of the assaulters (again, if it happened). I doubt you want to get off your horse in a group of teens unless you have backup there with you. And then how would you find the offender later if there were 500 of these young rascals? Let's say there was only 100?

Hell, maybe none of it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies