Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvernsey View Post
Another one that doesn't understand CCW. Oh well. Read one of my previous posts on it.
With the guns laws in Chicago you can get a CCW?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM

577 posts, read 669,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I think the parents share a good part of the blame. Listen to Jonathon Brandmeir's fair and impartial take on what happened.

Brandmeier Show Full Podcast – Monday: 4.1.13 | WGN Radio
The problem is that the parents are in many cases as bad or worse. 15 years ago I would see people being hooligans and think "God, imagine what their kids will be like". These are those kids. Plus, these days parents are more likely to take sides with their own children ("He's a good boy, he wouldn't do anything!") than an authority figure like a teacher or police officer, as trust for those figures in the community has almost disappeared.

A good example was that idiot and his 15-year old son who attacked the coach at the White Sox game years ago.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
take sides with their own children ("He's a good boy, he wouldn't do anything!") than an authority figure like a teacher or police officer, as trust for those figures in the community has almost disappeared.
That's a very good point rep'd.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,327 times
Quote:
The problem is that the parents are in many cases as bad or worse. 15 years ago I would see people being hooligans and think "God, imagine what their kids will be like". These are those kids. Plus, these days parents are more likely to take sides with their own children ("He's a good boy, he wouldn't do anything!") than an authority figure like a teacher or police officer, as trust for those figures in the community has almost disappeared.

A good example was that idiot and his 15-year old son who attacked the coach at the White Sox game years ago.
Very true. I was on the train one day and this mother and her daughter along with her friend, was telling her friend how she was beating the s*** out of some other chick. All in front of the six year old daughter she was telling her, gloating and cussing like crazy. Really sad. That will be a cycle that will probably just continue.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Born View Post
On what basis do you make this comment?

Latinos have lower median income and higher poverty than African Americans. I'm not aware of any Latino flash mobs, or Latino race-based attacks.

If it's all poverty, then why are the poorest Chicagoans not doing these mini-riots?
Do you want me to make a broad statement regarding race? Well I will. There are bright and intelligent white people. There are dumb poorly bred white people who are simply stupid. The same goes for black people. These are not the cream of the Afro-American crop. These are stupid black people. Intelligent people do not partake in such activities. I guess that is the bottom line...black or white or Latino...what are you going to do with those that simply do not have the IQ to understand and cope in civilized society?

Put bluntly - some are not capable of giving themselves an education or formally getting one.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Plus, these days parents are more likely to take sides with their own children ("He's a good boy, he wouldn't do anything!") than an authority figure like a teacher or police officer....
I saw this trend start with "respectable" bourgeois Baby Boomers having kids in the early 1970s, the spoiled, self absorbed and delusional Boomers being incapable of believing their precious little bastards were anything but perfect.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Do you want me to make a broad statement regarding race? Well I will. There are bright and intelligent white people. There are dumb poorly bred white people who are simply stupid. The same goes for black people. These are not the cream of the Afro-American crop. These are stupid black people. Intelligent people do not partake in such activities. I guess that is the bottom line...black or white or Latino...what are you going to do with those that simply do not have the IQ to understand and cope in civilized society?

Put bluntly - some are not capable of giving themselves an education or formally getting one.
Agreed! People want to quickly make it about race either to say their race is the victim or that the other race is to to blame. I really think as a society we have for the most part surpassed that thinking. I really think it's more about class now than anything else.

Bottom line is unfortunately, the majority of the poor in Chicago are black, so the higher chances of a flash mob like this being predominantly black, is higher. If it were LA chances would be that it would a Latino flash mob.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I saw this trend start with "respectable" bourgeois Baby Boomers having kids in the early 1970s, the spoiled, self absorbed and delusional Boomers being incapable of believing their precious little bastards were anything but perfect.
Being a boomer but not a typical one...I raised four little bastards and they all have ethics...I never gave them anything material...I made sure they had a safe environment by avoiding sketchy areas. Never gave them money because I did not have any to speak of...all I gave them was my time. Plus I set an example - to be a free thinking human being and not be part of the herd...My little bastards are contributors to society....sure I was born in the boom era...but I was never "bourgeois".....Where the hell did you get that commie word anyway? So typical of the old radical left Marxist idiots...MY brother was referred to as "petti bougeois" because he was a skilled craftsman who could build fine homes...give me a break.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Agreed! People want to quickly make it about race either to say their race is the victim or that the other race is to to blame. I really think as a society we have for the most part surpassed that thinking. I really think it's more about class now than anything else.

Bottom line is unfortunately, the majority of the poor in Chicago are black, so the higher chances of a flash mob like this being predominantly black, is higher. If it were LA chances would be that it would a Latino flash mob.
Correct- It's never really about race. As we mature as a culture we realize one thing..that people are not equal and it has nothing to do with race. Racism is utter foolishness. It would be like saying that all Asians are brilliant math students and they have no idiots in their ranks. Or that a black man or woman is not capable of being a nuclear physicist - we all know this is not true...Now to quote an old saying by that Jesus guy..."The poor will always be with us" - I really believe that he meant the not so smart will always be with us.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Correct- It's never really about race. As we mature as a culture we realize one thing..that people are not equal and it has nothing to do with race. Racism is utter foolishness. It would be like saying that all Asians are brilliant math students and they have no idiots in their ranks. Or that a black man or woman is not capable of being a nuclear physicist - we all know this is not true...Now to quote an old saying by that Jesus guy..."The poor will always be with us" - I really believe that he meant the not so smart will always be with us.
Thank you! And totally agreed! Wish you would have been around earlier to partake in some of the other threads. Your logic would have been attacked big time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies