Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How do I know that? You seem to be awfully worried that you might lose your right to own a high-capacity magazine. Why do you need one? Why would losing the right to buy one cause you to suffer? As far as I can see the only suffering you might incur would be like a child who loses a toy...not exactly serious hardship.

Since you are taking issue with magazine size why do you support banning a AR or AK when with a 5 or 10 shot magazine they would be just that, a 5 or 10 shot rifle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I was a gun owner long before I was an NRA member.
I am an NRA member and have little to no interest in guns.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Citizens of Connecticut should be outraged. Not only does this law not make any sense from a rights standpoint, it is easily circumvented by merely driving out of state or country.

It is quite comical that Adam Lanza wouldn't have been stopped if these foolish laws would have been on the books.

Read for yourself, baffling, sad and telling of our times. We are truly two countries, heading on to an epic showdown of culture and way of life.

Meanwhile, in Georgia a symbolic law was passed to mandate gun ownership however there is obviously no penalty to not own one. It was a gesture to the criminal element that they promote and advocate armed citizens protecting themselves, property and fellow citizens in conjunction with the LEO.

This is classic example of two places both sending messages. One is similar to a child, who is full of emotion instead of wisdom and principles simply trying to fix the past with irrational action in the future.

The other is clearly an example of sticking to bedrock beliefs despite adversity, emotion and pressure.

It draws a clear line, it highlights the American cowards from the rest.

BBC News - Connecticut agrees to sweeping gun laws after Newtown
Conn. proposals on guns, other items after Newtown - News - Boston.com
Let's get real - all gun legislation, control, or restriction, including most other laws, is a violation of the new paranoid wacko right-wing's "rights", and they want Americans to forget the daily carnage, including Sandy Hook, as soon as possible.
And Michael Moore was right, people protected from details of the carnage will just forget about it, just as we have the Iraqi war dead, thanks to our pathetic corporate no-news media. People who want any measure of gun control are called "bleeding hearts", "commies", "anti-American", or other such labels.
Well, here is one such "anti-American bleeding heart", a story which happens every day in our country, and which the neanderthal Right has no solution for - zero - and are happy to have it continue because it is always happening to someone else.
A Message from Elvin Daniel, Brother of Zina Daniel | Demand Action

Let's face it - the current, highly profitable, flurry of weapons sales started with the election of Barack Obama, to be used against his "black army" coming to gain revenge on white southern conservatives. Good luck against those drones.
Yeah, your "showdown of cultures"? If not yours, the notion is at least out there. Pathetic...

Last edited by detwahDJ; 04-03-2013 at 06:01 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Let's get real - all gun legislation, control, or restriction, including most other laws, is a violation of the new paranoid wacko right-wing's "rights", and they want Americans to forget the daily carnage, including Sandy Hook, as soon as possible. And Michael Moore was right, people protected from details of the carnage will just forget about it, just as we do the Iraq war, thanks to our pathetic corporate no-news media. People who want any measure of gun control are called "bleeding hearts", "commies", "anti-American", or other such labels.
Here is one such "anti-American bleeding heart", a story which happens every day in our country, and which the neanderthal Right has no solution for - zero, and are happy to have it continue.

Let's face it - the current, highly profitable, flurry of weapons sales started with the election of Barack Obama, to be used against his "black army" coming to gain revenge on white southern conservatives.
Yeah, your "showdown of cultures"? If not yours, the notion is at least out there. Pathetic...
Right...

So much racist rhetoric in one post.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
I can't help you if you don't know the definition of words and their meanings. I've had the same stance before and after Newton, CT shootings.

Making laws with no statistically evidence to back it up after a tragedy is the quintessential example of emotion.

Everyone who pays federal taxes (not the 47% of freeloaders) pays into all states indirectly, and in this day and age of excessive government stealing and disbursement to states I probably have contributed more to CT than a lot of its inhabitants because I am one of those morons who actually works for a living.

Using capslocks further highlights the keyboarding raging. #YOLOSWAG
Your posts do not sound at all like calm, rational thinking, and they are clearly emotional rants and personal attacks.

What does working for a living have to do with anything in this thread?? Another "emotional" rant by you.

I could not care less regarding the proposed gun laws, just don't have a dog in this fight. However, when I see someone calling others "stupid," throwing out personal attacks left and right, I certainly recognize the same as EMOTIONAL REACTION. So don't flatter yourself that you are "principled" in your thinking and non-reactionary in your posts.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Because you are too stupid to actually have a normal conversation with: I'd rather have my HC magazine.

People die everyday, open the obituary if you get upset over death. I got news, you will be upset everyday of your life.

You're just like a small child that cries, pure emotion and no logic or reason and it takes us parental figures to explain to you that life isn't fair.

Suffering is subjective, I wouldn't trade my dog's life for those 20 kids. Being principled is difficult for half-men and cowards.
Would you trade your dogs life if one of those killed was your child or that of a relative??

Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Let's get real - all gun legislation, control, or restriction, including most other laws, is a violation of the new paranoid wacko right-wing's "rights", and they want Americans to forget the daily carnage, including Sandy Hook, as soon as possible.
And Michael Moore was right, people protected from details of the carnage will just forget about it, just as we have the Iraqi war dead, thanks to our pathetic corporate no-news media. People who want any measure of gun control are called "bleeding hearts", "commies", "anti-American", or other such labels.
Well, here is one such "anti-American bleeding heart", a story which happens every day in our country, and which the neanderthal Right has no solution for - zero - and are happy to have it continue because it is always happening to someone else.

Let's face it - the current, highly profitable, flurry of weapons sales started with the election of Barack Obama, to be used against his "black army" coming to gain revenge on white southern conservatives. Good luck against those drones.
Waiting for one of you to tell us how these laws will get weapons of the streets and away from criminals.
Average life of a weapon is over 40 yes.
Libs thinking long term?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Right...

So much racist rhetoric in one post.
Sounded like a lot of truth actually.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Waiting for one of you to tell us how these laws will get weapons of the streets and away from criminals.
Average life of a weapon is over 40 yes.
Libs thinking long term?
Ya didn't watch the video or digest it? As a right-winger you just ignored it? Why?
The perp... never mind, try and figure it out for yourself.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:23 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
So wait, now people who support the 2nd amendment and a person's right to defend their home and family do so because they're racists and this all started when Obama was elected?

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be stupid enough to make that claim, please tell me nobody here is that stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies