Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Thanks, we'll deal with our own issues in our own way. State's rights and all that. You have no business whining about it.

We know that the rest of the nation has already forgotten 20 children shredded to bits in less than five minutes by your patriotic guns. We're still dealing with the emotional fallout, plus the financial fallout of figuring out how to protect our schools with more guns and gun bearers (the conservative wet dream).

Stuff it, Mr. Reich.
No business complaining? Well, I think we do. Your state's weak mental health system is what's at fault here. The kid was obviously nuts, its been established his mother had attempted to get help for him, yet nobody is even mentioning this. So what, in your opinion, is being done with regards to your mental health system?
I'd also ask how you're addressing school security, but I know what that response is.
So, I think it is our business. What was allowed to happen in your state has affected us all.
Merely passing a few anti-gun laws or whatever isn't going to magically make the weapons and the bad people go away, no matter how hard you try to convince each other it will.
This is just more libs whistling past the graveyard. Never change, do you guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
No business complaining? Well, I think we do. Your state's weak mental health system is what's at fault here. The kid was obviously nuts, its been established his mother had attempted to get help for him, yet nobody is even mentioning this. So what, in your opinion, is being done with regards to your mental health system?
I'd also ask how you're addressing school security, but I know what that response is.
So, I think it is our business. What was allowed to happen in your state has affected us all.
Merely passing a few anti-gun laws or whatever isn't going to magically make the weapons and the bad people go away, no matter how hard you try to convince each other it will.
This is just more libs whistling past the graveyard. Never change, do you guys?
No, it's not going to make the "bad" people go away, but it might just reduce the chance of the next bad person with a high-capacity gun shooting 155 bullets in less than 5 minutes inside a school.

You know what's illogical and emotional ---- treating guns as toys, screeching about your gun rights after the deaths of 26 innocent women and children, valuing your run rights over the lives of children.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 AM

78,406 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Whatever. Keep making stuff up.
What am I "making up"?

You don't think I can't find posts of yours criticizing other states?

Or do you think I have a gun? (There are posts here from before Sandy Hook where I've stated that. Well technically I do have a pellet gun and my father has guns which I can readily access after a short 400mile drive.)

Someone throw this man a life-preserver, he's drowning.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am concerned with Connecticut passing stupid law is it might encourage other states to do the same. IMHO we do not need 50 separate gun laws. We do not even need any Federal Laws beyond something like violent felons and committed, and possibly suspected, nuts are prohibited from possessing firearms of any kind. I do not know of ANY law or any way the police could have done anything to keep Lanza from stealing guns and committing that atrocity. I think Jmqueen does not want to accept that there are a few very dangerous people around that cannot be controlled by law. I believe that is what frightens Jmqueen. There is really nothing that can be done to protect the kids with the exception of multiple armed guards at the schools along with a rapid response by the police and/or armed citizens.

FWIW - I used the term moderate capacity magazine in order to sound reasonable. The major problem with the shotgun I carried in 'Nam was it only held 6 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. A couple of times I really, really needed a 20 rd. magazine but I survived anyway. My idea of a large capacity magazine is the 50 rd. drum on the Russian submachine gun or the 50 rd. unit on a Tommy gun. If the SHTF you really should have a belt fed weapon and a radio to artillery support. The 50 cal M-2 was my favorite.
And you know what they say. S*** rolls down hill! At any rate, I completely agree with you on this post! The "bad guys" are still going to find a way to get a gun if they want it! All this is is a BS knee jerk reaction feel good law that does absolutely nothing but further make law abiding citizens more vulnerable!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And you know what they say. S*** rolls down hill! At any rate, I completely agree with you on this post! The "bad guys" are still going to find a way to get a gun if they want it! All this is is a BS knee jerk reaction feel good law that does absolutely nothing but further make law abiding citizens more vulnerable!
How does it make any law-abiding citizen more vulnerable? When was the last time any law-abiding citizen needed an assault weapon with a 30-bullet magazine?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Fortunately the Connecticut legislators listened to the very people most affected by the Newtown massacre, the parents of the dead children. I think they would have a little more say in this than you.

Believe it nor not, some people care more about innocent childrens' lives than your right to own assault weapons or high-capacity magazines.

The legislators are brave. The cowards are those who won't give up ownership of weapons that no sane person would ever want to own, let alone ever use.
If this was REALLY true, they would be focused on the root cause. Such is not the case. Speaking about our elected officials, as far as the general public , well they are just uninformed or scared and looking for answers. And like sheep will follow whatever the elected officials say facts be damned.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
How does it make any law-abiding citizen more vulnerable? When was the last time any law-abiding citizen needed an assault weapon with a 30-bullet magazine?

I've stated it many times, but will do so again! Feel good laws like this only help the criminal elements, and do nothing to protect law abiding citizens! That is why they are called CRIMINALS! BECAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE A S*** ABOUT THE DAMN LAWS!!!! You'll have to excuse me that I feel that law-abiding citizens should be able to protect themselves, and not become victims!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
No, it's not going to make the "bad" people go away, but it might just reduce the chance of the next bad person with a high-capacity gun shooting 155 bullets in less than 5 minutes inside a school.

You know what's illogical and emotional ---- treating guns as toys, screeching about your gun rights after the deaths of 26 innocent women and children, valuing your run rights over the lives of children.
Making this a political thing is what's a sin. You people need to pull on the big girl panties, address the real issues here, and stop looking for sympathy.
No crime whatsoever in fixing the real problem here...you have crazy people out there but nobody wants to recognize that because you might "hurt their feelings" God forbid.
Easier to call people a bunch of names, label them crazy instead, and not even begin to fix the problem in any way.
Who cares about AR15s? The same amount of damage could have been done with a couple of .22 pistols.
Easier for you idiots to blame everybody else though, instead of looking at your own jacked up society.
So. Keep thinking we're the ones that have forgotten these lost lives, if it gets you through the day.
In my opinion, Connecticut disrespected the dead when they passed these lame assed laws.
No sympathy here.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If this was REALLY true, they would be focused on the root cause. Such is not the case. Speaking about our elected officials, as far as the general public , well they are just uninformed or scared and looking for answers. And like sheep will follow whatever the elected officials say facts be damned.

Very few crimes are addressed at their root cause, so why would you expect gun violence to be? Taking measures to avoid a repeat of carnage like Newtown is reasonable step to take.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Making this a political thing is what's a sin. You people need to pull on the big girl panties, address the real issues here, and stop looking for sympathy.
No crime whatsoever in fixing the real problem here...you have crazy people out there but nobody wants to recognize that because you might "hurt their feelings" God forbid.
Easier to call people a bunch of names, label them crazy instead, and not even begin to fix the problem in any way.
Who cares about AR15s? The same amount of damage could have been done with a couple of .22 pistols.
Easier for you idiots to blame everybody else though, instead of looking at your own jacked up society.
So. Keep thinking we're the ones that have forgotten these lost lives, if it gets you through the day.
In my opinion, Connecticut disrespected the dead when they passed these lame assed laws.
No sympathy here.

Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies