Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM

977 posts, read 763,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
If you are a LIEberal democRAT, you are festering boil on the arse of humanity. You are a snaky and deceptive pustule who sucks the life out of everything and everyone that is good and right. Slimy and deceptive miscreants who use minorities, the poor, women, children and the unborn as tools to get your perverted policies written into the law of the land. They are scum of the earth and should be viewed as rank flesh rotting in a garbage can. I would rather have ebola than be a LIEberal, democRATic POS. May they rot in hell ASAP.

Translation: Damn you for stopping us white men from controlling the nation's wealth and citizens, imposing our religion on you, exercising our bigotry against women and minorities, sending children into mines, and destroying the nation so we can profit from others' labor.
There ya go lefty! Your post makes my point about your crew.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM

977 posts, read 763,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You equate "liberal" with "Democrat"
Because they were one in the same back then as they are now. You can spin your revisionist bilge all you want. I've posted historical quotes from your racist party. Especially LBJ who sure as hell was no conservative. If it makes you sleep better defining southern dems as conservatives back then, have at it. It does not change history though.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:45 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've checked out paleoconservatism. I see some elements in it that are racist. I don't like it.
It would be silly to adopt a thick binder with any rubber stamp on it. On the other hand it would pragmatically predict that the ethnic cleansing in the former Yugoslavia ,that just had people who can't get along move away from each other, would end much more peacefully than we are the world naiveté.

I agree with many paleoconservative philosophies , but I would not identify as one since one size does not fit all. . However necons are just gone.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said it would solve the whole thing. I didn't say it wasn't a small part of it. I just took into consideration the debt in other places.

Half the national debt in 8 years. I generally need the ax in my skull removed before we worry about the slivers.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
If you dislike my style then take a number. I do not cede the point to anyone who claims there are ways to 'debate' POV's. I dismiss nuance where binary to-and-fro is called for. When you have anyone muddle what is essentially an up/down argument, I would submit that you have an adversary that wishes to 'muddy the waters' in an attempt to avoid the issue. We can fling links and sources around all day long. If that's the case, then let's have a battle of sources instead a colloquy amongst ourselves.

That's nice but logical consistency is required. You basically told everyone to ignore you as an anonymous Internet entity, completely supporting my point.

Quote:
Historical references are inapplicable in today's political argument. You can cite Mill and I can cite Smith. you say Keynes and I say Friedman. So what? I would prefer using contemporaries instead of having a battle of historical references. How about Goldwater v LBJ? Or Reagan v Clinton? Volker v Bernanke? Something that is relevant to the here-and-now?
Oh they are are they? That is what a liberal would say. That makes you the ******* on the rainbow bus.

Conservative | Define Conservative at Dictionary.com
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
Conservative say they are for preserving what was and have the gall to present the same historical figure I do as supporting them. What they want to conserve is King George.

You say Friedman?

Milton Friedman Interviewed -- 1978
There's a sense in which all taxes are antagonistic to free enterprise . . . and yet we need taxes. We have to recognize that we must not hope for a Utopia that is unattainable I would like to see a great deal less government activity than we have now, but I do not believe that we can have a situation in which we don't need government at all. We do need to provide for certain essential government functions - the national defense function, the police function, preserving law and order, maintaining a judiciary. So the question is, which are the least bad taxes? In my opinion the least bad tax is the property tax on the unimproved value of land, the Henry George argument of many, many years ago.
Me too in many cases but I actually know what he said.

Quote:
Obama's 'works', using your example, are incomparable to anything I have seen on my lifetime including the Great Society.
No kidding since FDR was following Keynsian tangible public works on tradition public sector natural monopolies like water and electrical. I will not even get into what I did not like about it like the high water irrigation dam on the Columbia river. Howerver the hydroelectic from it meant Japan had already lost. Obama is not that at all and keeps a large labor surplus which defeats the whole purpose of "stimulus" according to the theory.

Quote:
I am assuming most people here were not around for FDR. And there was a time when the two major parties actually has some similarities in vision yet disagreed as to how to get there. Reagan got along with Tip either out of sincere fondness or out of necessity. Clinton and Newt in time were able to reach some type of accord on occasion. But since GW to the present, ranting,railing, name-calling, venom, all the above and from all sides. It is what it is. The tone was set early in GW's first term when the wars started. 'War criminal', 'Nazi', 'treason' and on and on. That is not discussion. That is not disagreeing agreeably. And now it has swung the other way per Obama. Yes, there is name calling. But there are also accurate assessments as to what his policies are doing to us now and what they are projected to do going forward................and it isn't pretty. Referencing FDR in an attempt to juxtapose Obama's policies mean nothing today. Zero. There are no similarities. LBJ is a far more apt comparative. So is Carter. And they were both inept for different reasons. Like a famous Democrat once said, "its the economy stupid". And if I perceive recklessness I personally will call it for what it is irrespective of whose feelings get hurt. This is not a Harvard style debating forum. This is merely a bunch of people with opinions. And if my name calling bothers you then I guess you suffer from self-loathing. As far as anyone caring about what I say, unlike you, wanting to be popular has never been an attractive trait in a person IMHO.
What bothers me is stupidity and ignorance. What impresses me is a sound argument.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Don't deflect lefty. And get your own material.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
If you are a LIEberal democRAT, you are festering boil on the arse of humanity. You are a snaky and deceptive pustule who sucks the life out of everything and everyone that is good and right. Slimy and deceptive miscreants who use minorities, the poor, women, children and the unborn as tools to get your perverted policies written into the law of the land. They are scum of the earth and should be viewed as rank flesh rotting in a garbage can. I would rather have ebola than be a LIEberal, democRATic POS. May they rot in hell ASAP.

Translation: Damn you for stopping us white men from controlling the nation's wealth and citizens, imposing our religion on you, exercising our bigotry against women and minorities, sending children into mines, and destroying the nation so we can profit from others' labor.

Yeah those "white men" from Appalachia just get the red carpet treatment. Look if you want to be black and successful, just get on the Supreme court and support Mansanto's monopolistic enterprise.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
After the fifty years of unchecked liberalism it is safe to say we are doomed. Writing checks with no hope of making good on them, pitting people against each other by class, race, gender, religion and ethnicity have finally taken their toll. The master plan of the left has always been to divide and conquer. That as well as creating a dependency society hell-bent on creating addicts to social heroin i.e.,the govt trough. It has led people to believe in a 'Bizarro World' of sorts. What once was considered unacceptable is now the norm.
If you are a minority then you are automatically a victim.
If you are out of work it is because some rich person put you there.
If you make a profit you are made out to be 'evil' and 'greedy'.
If you are Christian then you are to be mocked and ridiculed.
If you disagree with someone you 'hate' them.
Feel free to add to the list as you see fit.

From LBJ to Obama, every Dem POTUS has been first and foremost the type that is agenda driven. Not driven to duty for all Americans. The focus of dems has always been how to spread the money around. How to in effect 'buy' votes via our tax money. 'Democracy for sale' is their practice and we have been driven to the point of bankruptcy because of it.
Now we have a POTUS that embraces entities like the Muslim Brotherhood and Syrian rebels as he drones Americans. Who closes down the WH to tourists but has time for and Easter egg role on the lawn. A POTUS who strips the border of protection as he spends millions elsewhere. A POTUS who throws our money at boondoggles like Solyndra as he has the EPA go after oil and coal. A man who lives on the golf course and Hawaiian beaches as he cries for others to 'do their job' at the Capitol.
The disease of liberalism has been a work in progress for decades now. Liberals have been patient in their assault. They have slowly but surely eroded this nation. It will take a while to eradicate but it is a fight worth fighting.
The irony is that whoever fed you these "statements" has successfully divided you against much of this country.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
WHAT LIBERALISM?!

This is the most conservative nation in the developed western world...

Don't let facts get in the way of your irrational hatred of people who think almost exactly like you do, though.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:16 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
It would be silly to adopt a thick binder with any rubber stamp on it. On the other hand it would pragmatically predict that the ethnic cleansing in the former Yugoslavia ,that just had people who can't get along move away from each other, would end much more peacefully than we are the world naiveté.

I agree with many paleoconservative philosophies , but I would not identify as one since one size does not fit all. . However necons are just gone.
Can you explain the "thick binder with any rubber stamp" thing?

What kind of things in paleo-conservatism would you agree with? I look at some of things in paleo-conservatism and to be honest, I look at this from the perspective of a Black man. Some things would not be compatible with me, considering that I'm non-European. It is that part that bothers me. What bothers me is Steve Sailer, who essentially would say that being Black would make me somehow "lacking".

This was a quote from Sam Francis:

"We believe that the United States derives from and is an integral part of European civilization and the European people and that the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character. We therefore oppose the massive immigration of non-European and non-Western peoples into the United States that threatens to transform our nation into a non-European majority in our lifetime. We believe that illegal immigration must be stopped, if necessary by military force and placing troops on our national borders; that illegal aliens must be returned to their own countries; and that legal immigration must be severely restricted or halted through appropriate changes in our laws and policies"

I have a feeling that because I'm not of European descent, I wouldn't be wanted.

I think about the likes of Pat Buchanan. William F. Buckley,Jr criticized Pat Buchanan for his anti-Semitic comments and for sympathizing with Nazis. Buchanan also said "If Kagan is confirmed, Jews, who represent less than 2 percent of the US population, will have 33 percent of the Supreme Court seats. Is this the Democrats' idea of diversity?"

Pat Buchanan has also made appearances of Political Cesspool, a White nationalist radio show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies